Windows 10: Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

Discus and support Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there any chance that the Device Manager in Win 10 allows the user to copy and paste information like Driver File Details when troubleshooting? In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baumgrenze, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

Is there any chance that the Device Manager in Win 10 allows the user to copy and paste information like Driver File Details when troubleshooting? In my experience Windows has often displayed 'help information' or 'error messages' that can only be shared if one does a screen dump and then hand copies the text answer to a 'request for help' forum post. Text that can be more readily shared would be far more useful than a larger collection of cute similes.

Thanks

:)

baumgrenze, Jul 21, 2015

2. Why can´t Excel Mobile copy and paste information?

I am disappointed in the mobile version of Excel that runs on Windows Phone too. I find it to be quite limited and I don't really use it much except for viewing purposes.

Unfortunately, there are no alternatives to the mobile version of Excel and no workarounds to overcome these limitations. I hope the mobile version will improve greatly with Windows Phone 10. Not much has been announced about Windows Phone 10 (and I'm not
    even sure if that is what it will be called) but I expect we'll learn more in the coming months.

Julie fka profjulie, Jul 21, 2015
  3. Why can´t Excel Mobile copy and paste information?

This continues to bother me. Because i need to enter whole texts again and again. Where´s the automation process? Alternatives from Microsoft Developers??? I´m beginning to disappoint completely.

Julio Montiel Silva, Jul 21, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

Anything I can't copy and paste I do a screen capture of then paste that wherever I need it.

You can copy and paste Driver Details though, always have been able to.

Display what you want then click on it and do a Ctrl+C to copy to the clipboard, Ctrl+V to paste wherever you want it.

Hmm, in Windows 8.1 and 10, you can even right click and copy:

Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information [​IMG]

This shows I am copying all 4 instances of Hardware IDs for my Display Adapter.

Ztruker, Jul 22, 2015
  5. Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to seeing it in action.

baumgrenze, Jul 22, 2015
  6. Fafhrd Win User
    Lets hope device manager does not become part of "Settings" rather than "Control Panel" or MMC, because you will not be able to copy and paste then.

Fafhrd, Jul 22, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Right click??

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information

1. Device Manager - Copy and Paste Information - Similar Threads - Device Manager Copy

2. Copy/Paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Paste: Hi,My Copy/Paste on Widows 11 doesn't work on my PC.Is there a way I can set my computer for it to work like Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copypaste/6ba679b4-d365-4d72-9ba4-373ed0f7a3c3
  3. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and Paste: The following happens almost every time: I copy and paste something fine; however as soon as I start typing a new document, it will paste again--at least 3 or 4 times. Of course, I have to delete it. Does anyone know how I can correct this glitch?...
  4. Copy Paste Manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy Paste Manager?: Hi Guys im looking for an Program where i can elevate copy and paste functionality, like: ctrl+c and ctrl+v should still be the same, but i could do something like ctrl+c+NumPad1 and if i do ctrl-v-Numpad1 it pastes it, even if i ctrl+c something else inbetween. Can anyone...
  5. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste: New comp. 4 or 5 months old. There is no coy & paste on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/27797a5d-d649-4f4d-bf14-c00c02f1c134
  6. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy & Paste: I need help with my Copy& paste, on my computer, is there an app that I go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/42daff44-31ef-4272-a549-c2fffeddbe4c
  7. Copy + Paste

Copy + Paste: I was trying to copy and paste an information and I can not, I know with Ctrl + C and Ctrl V but I can not use it, I do not have a mouse on my Laptop. Is there another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/2d9b23d9-8956-4a01-b841-757120c3956d
  8. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  9. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy device manager information

2. When I copy and paste it says devise manager