Windows 10: Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

Discus and support Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; kind of along the lines of this topic , type mmc into RUN ,and create a more custom Windows Administrative Tool [located in AllApps], just go to file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cajuntech, Nov 28, 2015.

1. caperjack Win User

Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

kind of along the lines of this topic , type mmc into RUN ,and create a more custom Windows Administrative Tool [located in AllApps], just go to file and choose add and remove snapin

caperjack, Nov 29, 2015
  2. cajuntech Win User

tried that and it would not add it to the console

cajuntech, Nov 29, 2015
  3. topgundcp Win User
    In the local group policy editor. Under
    User Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Microsoft Management Console->Restricted/Permitted snap-ins->Extension snap-ins.
    If you have the Extentions snap-ins for Device Manager Disabled then the Device Manager will not show up in Computer Management Console as shown in the screen shot:

Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console [​IMG]

If you are using Windows 10 Home Edition then Group Policy Editor is not available. However, you can try this tweak to enable the Group Policy Editor. I have never done this so I don't know if it works:
    How To Enable Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) In Windows 10 Home Edition

topgundcp, Nov 29, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Just a note that topgundcp's procedure worked on my Win10 Home version.

Berton, Nov 29, 2015
  5. topgundcp Win User
    @Berton
    If you wish. You can add "This PC" to the right click context menu

zip file below.

Or if you prefer to put in Win+X menu then download:
    Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 8
    Then add a Control Panel Item->This PC to group 2

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console - Similar Threads - Device Manager Disappears

2. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  3. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  4. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  5. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager: Hi, I recently upgrade my whole computer and simply installed my old drive into it. Since my Windows became buggy over the year, I did a reset this PC. My new motherboard has Bluetooth integrated into it but I disappeared from my Windows task bar and settings. It was still in...
  6. Bluetooth device disappeared from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Device manager disappearance in settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device manager disappearance in settings: When I go to settings in my Win 10 Pro and choose Devices option it immediately leaves settings. It does not happen with any other choice from the menu. Can anyone cast light on this, please?...
  8. disk management console

disk management console: intenso usb3.0 thumb drive not recognized in File Explorer but is shown in Device mgr. Also, in Dev Mgr, under Other Devices as Unknown Device 2 times. When I try to fomat the usb3.0 thumb drive, I get the error msg "Disk Management Console not up-to-date."Please advise on...
  9. management console

in Windows 10 Support
    management console: recently I reinstalled windows 10 home edition on my hp laptop and since then the microsoft management console is appearing each time I try to open settings or services ect. why is this happening it didn't before. 127302
  10. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

Device Manager is not in the Computer Management: It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any method of adding it back? Thanks! 57408