Windows 10: Device Manager Dumbed Down?

Discus and support Device Manager Dumbed Down? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Steve C, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Steve C Win User

Device Manager Dumbed Down?

I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices?

:)

Steve C, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

The Device Manager and Action drop down menus seems to have gone flaky, mine sometimes just shows Help.
    Sometimes the whole list as was.
    The alternative is to right click on one of the device list for "Scan for Hardware changes" that also seems to correct the menus as well.
    That's how it is here.

Helmut, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User

Agreed - I discovered you now have to select a device to see the 'scan for changes' option.

Steve C, Oct 16, 2018
  4. KCR
    KCR Win User

This is what I see. . . . *Smile

Device Manager Dumbed Down? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Device Manager Dumbed Down? - Similar Threads - Device Manager Dumbed

2. Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player & Legacy: Dumbed down music menu: Note: This forum provides a menu for many topis withing Windows. Media player is not included, however. That said:Greetings Y'all.Bottom line on top: On Windows-11, both versions of Media Player are missing my most important feature. The rest is commentary.I have Windows 11...
  3. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  4. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  5. Dumb question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dumb question: i want to install UltraUXthemepatcher, i know what windows ver i have but i don't know how to set that into ultrauxthemepatcher submitted by /u/Cubicalspy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3i55v/dumb_question/
  6. I was dumb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I was dumb: So I turned on my Dell laptop and I was notified that my key was going to expire, so I followed a tutorial from a youtuber I knew and I copied a script from a website to a cmd file, ran it and nothing happened but I figured that it just didn't do anything bc the key hadn't...
  7. this is dumb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    this is dumb: I'm xbox live enforcement, and I got a suspension for no reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/this-is-dumb/8f60a42a-4680-428d-bc9c-09993e592a0a
  8. Device Manager Dumbed Down?

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Dumbed Down?: I just upgraded to 1803. Has Device Manger been 'dumbed down' since I'm no longer seeing an option to re-enumerate all devices? 114427
  9. Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator Account Dumbed Down in Win10: Starting to find that the built-in Administrator account is a bit crippled - "This app can't open ... can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again." (I always log in with the built-in Administrator account so this...
  10. IE Dumbed-Down after AU

in Browsers and Email
    IE Dumbed-Down after AU: My initial dislike of Edge was caused by being unable to shift-drag from the address icon to create a standard shortcut in a folder. Now it seems that Internet Explorer has been dumbed-down so it no longer allows this, only a pinned shortcut will work. 60560