Windows 10: Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

Discus and support Device Manager is not in the Computer Management in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JustinWuB, Jul 25, 2016.

1. JustinWuB Win User

Device Manager is not in the Computer Management

It's strange that Device Manager is not in the Computer Management on my Win10. It was there yesterday, but I don't know why it disappeared.

Any method of adding it back? Thanks!

:)

JustinWuB, Jul 25, 2016

2. Device Manager is gone from Computer Management Console. Any solution?

Hello Jhon,

We still can't identify the possible causes of the missing Device Manager on the Computer Management Console. To isolate and assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which Windows build and version are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the System File Checker Tool. It will help you check for any system file corruption. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Also, if you need to access Device Manager, just press and hold the Windows icon + X or right-click the Start button, then select
    Device Manager from the context menu.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 25, 2016
  3. Jhon234 Win User
    Jhon234, Jul 25, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Try right clicking the start flag and select Device Manager. See if that helps you.

essenbe, Jul 25, 2016
  5. JustinWuB Win User
    Sorry that I didn't mention that device manager is there. I can run it via your way or typing devmgmt.msc.

It's just not in the Computer Management.

JustinWuB, Jul 25, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Still shows in mine. Win 10 Pro build 10586.494.

Device Manager is not in the Computer Management [​IMG]

Try runnning sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command Prompt, see if that helps.

Ztruker, Jul 25, 2016
  7. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Jul 25, 2016
  8. aardvark Win User

aardvark, Jul 25, 2016
  9. JustinWuB Win User
    JustinWuB, Jul 26, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    Cannot read Chinese but did you set it to "Not Configured" ?

topgundcp, Jul 26, 2016
  11. JustinWuB Win User
    Sorry about the Chinese*Smile, but yes, they're all 'not yet configured', not 'disabled'.

JustinWuB, Jul 26, 2016
  12. JustinWuB Win User
    Sorry that I missed your reply. I have tried sfc /scannow. It told me that it fixed some damaged files.

But device manager didn't come back to the computer management.

JustinWuB, Jul 29, 2016
  13. CountMike New Member

There's entry for Device manager i the right click menu on Start button. That's handiest place to find it.

CountMike, Jul 29, 2016
  14. JustinWuB Win User
    It does work this way. Just want to know how to fix this issue.

JustinWuB, Jul 29, 2016
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Run these in sequence.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

Run sfc up to 3 times if necessary until it reports no problems found.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Device Manager is not in the Computer Management - Similar Threads - Device Manager Computer

2. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  3. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager: Samsung 870 EVO 500gb ssd new was initiated and formatted. I incorrectly disconnected it.It now no longer appears in device manager or computer manager on windows 10 desktop.Would appreciate any help. Technical and terminology challenged.Thanx...
  4. SSD not visable in device manager or computer manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager refuses to open along with Computer Management: I keep getting this dialog box when I try to open device manager. I cant figure out what to do. Please help me! submitted by /u/qwertysparrow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i54b3d/device_manager_refuses_to_open_along_with/
  6. Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...

Third HDD in device management but not Computer management... cannot access, but it is...: My windows 10 desktop has a third drive, an HDD, that is recognized in Device manager but does not show up in Computer management. I can't access it, but it appears to be there when I look under Disk Drives in Device Manager. I tried using Diskpart in the command window, it...
  7. Device manager

Device manager: In run, type Device Manager, show it can't find, to check spelling. Spelling correct. Using Control Panel, enable me to open Decice Manager and able to use. What is the cause of error? and how to rectify this Windows 10 1809....
  8. device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device manager: [ATTACH]as you can see I have this problem and I can't update drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/device-manager/40a3865f-a08f-406b-a97f-61fdc0b27a89
  9. Device Manager

Device Manager: Recently realized device manager does not show printers connected to pc. Suddenly diappeared 27360
  10. Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Disappears in Computer Management Console: For some reason the device manager on three of my computers has disappeared from the computer management console. I can access the device manager via control panel or the settings for windows 10, but not via the computer management console. It is there when I first install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager disappears in computer management console tenforums