Windows 10: Device Manager- Other Devices, Toshiba Webcam shown as not working

Discus and support Device Manager- Other Devices, Toshiba Webcam shown as not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All Have eventually got 10 on my Toshiba Satellite R830. The problem I have is my Webcam does not work. Thought it was a driver problem but one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by solpuerto, Jul 31, 2015.

1. solpuerto Win User

Device Manager- Other Devices, Toshiba Webcam shown as not working

Hi All

Have eventually got 10 on my Toshiba Satellite R830. The problem I have is my Webcam does not work. Thought it was a driver problem but one was installed checked with Toshiba support site but no drivers for 10 showing only the one on my laptop. Spoke to Toshiba who tell me that this is all down to microsoft as they understand as microsoft were doing all of this automatically they had undertake to update all the drivers in the new installation???

Trying to contact microsoft seems to be impossible as they want an activation code but when I said I do not have one for Win 10. Was then told they would transfer me tech support and the inevitable disconnection occured. This after some 20 minutes waiting on the phone.

Anybody got any ideas.

Many thanks for any help.

:)

solpuerto, Jul 31, 2015
  2. dewrcalon Win User

None of the "other devices" under "Device Manager" are activated including the Toshiba webcam.

Original Title:

upgrade from win 8.1 on Toshiba Satellite R830 to win 10, none of the "other devices" under "Device Manager" are activated including the Toshiba webcam and therefore it, does anybody know why?

dewrcalon, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Webcam not working after upgrade to Windows 10

WEBCAM NOT WORKING.
    I have a Toshiba DX730 All-in-One desktop PC running Windows 10.
    Since I upgraded to Windows 10 my integrated webcam has not worked.
    I have unsuccessfully tried the following:-

1. Checked the BIOS to ensure the webcam is enabled - it is.

2. Uninstalled/installed the appropriate drivers from Toshiba Support
    numerous times, including after a clean boot.

3. Uninstalled the hardware from Device Manager numerous times.
    An interesting point here is that the webcam does not appear in Device Manager under Imaging Devices, but is shown under Other Devices as USB 2.0 Camera, next to which is the dreaded yellow exclamation mark.
    Right clicking this and selecting Properties always shows that no driver is installed.
    I've run Driver Update and pointed it to the appropriate folder, but Windows always fails to find the driver.

4. Uninstalled Skype, just in case it was causing a conflict.

5. Run the software in compatibility mode.

None of this has worked!! When I open the Camera app the following error message appears "Something went wrong.
    Make sure your camera is commected and not being used by another app".
    Skype cannot detect a webcam.

Any help would be much appreciated.

TerryCullingham, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Makkam Win User

Even Device manager is not supporting the webcam driver.
    I believe they are still working on it and just a matter of time.
    I will let you know if I managed to have it fixed.

Makkam, Aug 30, 2015
  5. solpuerto Win User
    Hi Makkam

Many thanks for your interest.

I was rather frustrated with the lack of any meaningful response from Toshiba and in particular Microsoft who seem to have an automatic cut when transferred to technical support. I therefore carried out a Clean Install and that ended up without any driver problems and the upgrade working on my Toshiba.

I do not think I can say my original problem was resolved but my laptop is working very well and I am more than happy with Win 10.

solpuerto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Manager- Other Devices, Toshiba Webcam shown as not working - Similar Threads - Device Manager Devices

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  6. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  7. Other device in device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Headset not shown in device manager

Headset not shown in device manager: I was using my headset for quite some time till suddenly is vanished from my sound options for any software. After checking device manager i could not find the headset. Replugging and restarting didn't help. Windows does not seem to recognize the headset anymore. The...
  9. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  10. No "Other devices" in device manager?

No "Other devices" in device manager?: I´m having trouble with a game controller: ASTRO C40. To get it working I got adviced to locate a driver in "Other devices" and update it. But there is no "Other devices" on my PC. In fact "ASTRO C40" is nowhere to be found at all. What to do? [ATTACH]...