Windows 10: Device Manager "other" entries

Discus and support Device Manager "other" entries in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by borgus, Jul 8, 2017.

1. borgus Win User

Device Manager "other" entries

After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal Processing Controller and three 'unknown devices.' "Drivers not installed; no compatible driver can be found."

Prior to this install several Intel drivers were listed under Programs and Features. likely because they were added after the fact. They are not listed now and Intel's update utility reports nothing missing. SFC is good and PC operation is normal.

The errant entries are redetected at boot even if disabled, or uninstalled via Safe Mode. Suggestions on banishing them for good would be appreciated.

:)

borgus, Jul 8, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 8, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Device Manager "other" entries :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Device Manager "other" entries :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Device Manager "other" entries :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Device Manager "other" entries :)

musum, Jul 8, 2017
  4. Device Manager "other" entries

Hi borgus

Lets first id then see if drivers can be found. Right click on device, properties, details tab, Properties section select Hardware ID's.

Cut and paste first line in "Value" into Google. Google should give you a little more detail.

Caledon Ken, Jul 8, 2017
  5. borgus Win User
    Dell came up with a fix - a list of drivers to be installed in order. When the Intel DPTF driver was loaded the Device Manager was cleared. Thanks for your time and input.

borgus, Jul 9, 2017
  6. Glad we could help. If you get a moment please mark thread solved so others will find your solution. If you really have some time cut and paste the list and order into thread. That would be really good info yo have.

Take care.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 9, 2017
  7. borgus Win User
    Glad to do that Ken. Here's the overview - a link to the thread, with Dell's suggestions and my observations.

borgus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Device Manager "other" entries

1. Device Manager "other" entries - Similar Threads - Device Manager entries

2. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  3. Other device in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other device in device manager: How to permanently remove other device from device manger?See screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-device-in-device-manager/30b4a80c-04c4-4218-bbac-31186bda9aa8
  4. Other device in device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Jeff here... I run a new PC computer with Windows 10 Pro. Under Device Manager there are many devices that have duplicate entries. The duplicates use different usb designation number ie "usb 1" "usb 2" I have read multiple "QUESTIONS" previously asked here and none of...
  6. No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager

No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager: Greetings, I recently built a new system (MSI B450 Tomahawk, Windows 10 from MS Store). In trying to run a bluetooth headset to connect to the new system so that I can listen to podcasts and what have you over the headset, there's no Bluetooth entry in the Device Manager,...
  7. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Hello, I believe this is my first time posting. I have looked up this matter, and I have read a few things. A lot of them are from 2015, or earlier. And maybe from sites that I am not sure I can trust. So, I came here to try to get the most accurate and up to date info. I...
  8. No "Other devices" in device manager?

No "Other devices" in device manager?: I´m having trouble with a game controller: ASTRO C40. To get it working I got adviced to locate a driver in "Other devices" and update it. But there is no "Other devices" on my PC. In fact "ASTRO C40" is nowhere to be found at all. What to do? [ATTACH]...
  9. Multiple entries in Device Manager

Multiple entries in Device Manager: Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources). [img] Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried looking for a BIOS...
  10. New entries in Device Manager

New entries in Device Manager: I have never seen these entries before. Previous installation didn't have them. Only thing I can think of is my NAS box although that's in the other room. [img] 58539