Windows 10: Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

Discus and support Device manager refresh causing mouse lag in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am all of the sudden getting mouse lag (mouse freezes up for 5-10 seconds every 30-60 second) due to my device manager constantly refreshing, or at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mnmwagoner, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

I am all of the sudden getting mouse lag (mouse freezes up for 5-10 seconds every 30-60 second) due to my device manager constantly refreshing, or at least that's what I think it's from. I pulled up the device manager and the task manger to find what is happening. The sequence is: mouse freezes and device manager refreshes, then I notice Microsoft Management Console appears at the top of my Task Manager. So it seems the Microsoft Management Console is doing something to cause the Device Manager to refresh and then cause the Bluetooth mouse to freeze up. I'm not tech savvy, so I know I don't understand how all this works. I just need some help fixing it. Thanks ahead of time!

:)

mnmwagoner, Aug 3, 2017
  2. BrianTKar Win User

My mouse lag in windows 10

This worked for me. Found here: Windows 10 Mouse Lagging Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Realtek HD Audio Manager process FMAPP.exe

Stopping this process in Task Manager instantly stopped the mouse lag. Disabling it from startup causes no sound issues and the mouse has not lagged through a few reboots.

BrianTKar, Aug 3, 2017
  3. Mouse keeps freezing and disappering from the screen in Windows 10.

Hello,

I've been suffering today with horrible mouse lag and freeze.

Mouse keeps freezing or disappering for a few seconds while moving across the monitor( Nothing happens if i don't move the mouse).

I upgraded win 8.1 to win 10 and it worked fine until yesterday.

Mouse have been working ever since i bought it, and i had no problems with windows 8.1.

I also tested that mouse worked on laptop which has windows 8.1.

My mouse is Logitech g400s gaming mouse.

I have tried pretty much everything i've found from the forums.

- Unistalled mouse drivers, and rebooted.

- Unchecked "Hide cursor while typing".

- Some registry modifying.

- System recovery

- Program compability settings

- Disabling start-up programs

And lots of different things.

I noticed one thing. When i have the device manager open and mouse starts freezing, the device manager starts refreshing too.

So i thought that maybe the mouse was disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again. But no.

I tried power-saving settings and restart and it had no effect.

Mouse starts lagging right at login screen, so it's not caused by a program. (Since system recovery didn't help).

I need help asap.

SakuTupala, Aug 3, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

It is possible that you have a poor mouse connection (either the Bluetooth or some wireless interference causing it )and your mouse is disconnecting and then reconnecting, each time it does this the device manager kicks in thinking there is a new piece of hardware being attached.

Check the mouse battery strength, any Bluetooth dongle connections, etc. to see if there may be anything causing the problem.

philc43, Aug 3, 2017
  5. NorfolkIT Win User
    you could do the above and check your mouse settings connection speed win + R enter control mouse and select pointer options and check the select pointer speed.

and check enhanced pointer precision is checked

Device manager refresh causing mouse lag [​IMG]

Kind Regards

NorfolkIT, Aug 3, 2017
  6. Okay, this was the problem philc43! I turned off the mouse and viola, no more issues. I recharged the batteries (Eneloop rechargeable), inserted into the mouse (ThinkPad bluetooth laser mouse with no dongle) and now the problem is back. So I know the mouse connection is the issue, but what now?

mnmwagoner, Aug 4, 2017
  7. mnmwagoner, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Device manager refresh causing mouse lag

1. Device manager refresh causing mouse lag - Similar Threads - Device manager refresh

2. Device manager keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager keeps refreshing: For the past month ive been experiencing this issue with my device manager refreshing every couple of seconds. While this is happening i am unable to play certain games like Dark souls III and Sekiro without them freezing every few seconds as well. I believe that i have...
  3. Device manager continuous refresh

Device manager continuous refresh: we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7 HP Z220 workstation 164312
  4. Device manager continuous refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Device manager continuous refresh: we have all seen the device manager refresh, mine refreshes ever 2 seconds or so. Win 10 version 2004, build 19041.450 win 10 pro upgraded from win 7 HP Z220 workstation 164312
  5. Device Manager Keeps Refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Manager Keeps Refreshing: My device manager constantly refreshes and Ive narrowed it down to my internet. I found this by disabling all my services and reenabling them one by one. When my 'Network Store Interface Service' is disabled(which disables internet connections as well), it doesnt constantly...
  6. Device manager keeps refreshing! (I found the cause)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing! (I found the cause): My device manager refreshes every 1-2 seconds and I've been able to track down the cause. An "Unknown USB Device" pops up under USB Controllers in the device manager. I've tried to disable it and uninstall it, and it just reinstall itself when the Device Manager refreshes....
  7. Device manager keeps refreshing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device manager keeps refreshing!: Every one or two seconds, my device manager refreshes. I've looked at a lot of forums and i've been able to track down what's causing the issue. My USB Root Hub (3.0) under USB controllers in device manager is the issue. I've tried to uninstall the root hub and it worked, but...
  8. Device manager keeps refreshing...

Device manager keeps refreshing...: I've had this problem for a long time now. Whenever i go in to device manager, all tabs refreshes. If anyone knows a fix to this i would be very very thankful!...
  9. Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager Keeps on Refreshing: Windows 10 Device Manger keeps on blinking every few seconds. 131931
  10. Device manager is constently refreshing need help identifing cause

Device manager is constently refreshing need help identifing cause: Firstly I would like to say I fix computers for a living I half know my problem and how to fix it. Secondly I know next to nothing about windows 10 what i do know is the simple stuff the os its self has shown me and legacy based exploration(something is here in windows 7 so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth causing device manager to refresh