Windows 10: Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?

Discus and support Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any way to add the Device Manager to the taskbar or start menu? I have a bluetooth dongle that I always need to disable/enable from that menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Double, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Double Win User

Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?

Is there any way to add the Device Manager to the taskbar or start menu? I have a bluetooth dongle that I always need to disable/enable from that menu.

:)

Double, Apr 28, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 search no longer finds Devices and printers inside control panel

TBROX, I totally agree with you, I do wish they would stop changing things around, here is a workaround . . .

Click the link below to download a shortcut to Devices and Printers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lko1ia602i5op74/Devic...

If you want a shortcut on your Desktop, copy the shortcut to your Desktop

If you want a tile on your Start Menu, right click the shortcut and choose 'Pin to Start'

If you want a shortcut on your Taskbar, right click the shortcut and choose 'Pin to Taskbar'

DaveM121, Apr 28, 2016
  3. How to make file explorer open to any folder I want

With the recent Anniversary Update, Microsoft somehow managed to screw up the File Explorer. Previously, you could use the trick in the following site to allow file explorer to open to any folder you want by replacing the taskbar shortcut:

How to make Windows 10’s File Explorer start in any folder you want | Digital Citizen

But this doesn't work anymore. I create the shortcut, delete the old one, and then the new shortcut does not appear on my taskbar. How can I make this work?

AleksandrH, Apr 28, 2016
  4. NovHak Win User

Pinning on taskbar is easy, just start the device manager, right click on its icon on the task bar and choose to pin it !

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
  5. this is how I did which are trying to do based on my Bluetooth device and its active I went to the search window and window 10 I searched for the name of the device in my case it's a creative D80so when it's active type in the search window on the bottom left-hand corner and a Bluetooth device your d80 in my case I right-click that and I pinned it to my task so anytime I needed I double-click on my passport and I enable I hope it helps you

gijoetech1, Apr 28, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I enable my Bluetooth dongle right from the Action Center which puts an icon in the system tray enabling file transfers, etc. Very easy !

Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 28, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    I find Device Manager and a number of other things I use when right-clicking the Start button, quite a time saver in comparison to previous versions of Windows.

Berton, Apr 28, 2016
  8. NovHak Win User

Heck you're right, I replied to him without even asking why he was doing this. Disabling/enabling from the device manager is rather ugly, doesn't do the same thing and doesn't require the same privileges either.

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
  9. Double Win User
    Doesn't work, shows only the 'Close Window' option

I will have to try this ;]

I like this way but my bluetooth button isn't showing up there, probably because the dongle needs enabled first..

I keep forgetting about that, thanks! *Smile

My donger was only 1$ and is known to be a troublemaker.. takes some TLC to get working sometimes *cry

Double, Apr 28, 2016
  10. NovHak Win User
    I should have tried myself before suggesting *chuckle

But I have the solution ! Look for the Device Manager snap-in file : "C:\Windows\System32\devmgmt.msc", then right-click on it and choose pin to task bar, it works I tested it myself !

NovHak, Apr 28, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    Device Manager is only 2 clicks away...... right click at Start > Device manager.

However, since you ask.....................
    Use this tutorial. It is applicable to Windows 10 as well.
    I just tried it and it works.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ut-create.html

unzip the zipped file > open the file > right click at device manager ...................

davidhk, Apr 29, 2016
  12. mrgeek Win User

Originally Posted by

I enable my Bluetooth dongle right from the Action Center which puts an icon in the system tray enabling file transfers, etc. Very easy !
    I like this way but my bluetooth button isn't showing up there, probably because the dongle needs enabled first..
    My computer did not have Bluetooth to begin with, which is why I bought a USB dongle. I downloaded the driver software from mfr and the tile showed up in the Action Center and Device Manager after that. Try to find the driver software outside of Windows Update and run the exe after compatibility mode check first (maybe even reinstall & r-click check compatibility) especially if it's behaving erratically. It may have been produced pre-Windows 10 which is why it was so cheap but so was mine. I only need it to transfer phone files not run headphones or speakers though.

mrgeek, Apr 29, 2016
  13. NovHak Win User

Clicking the bluetooth tile is definitely the way to go, and of course the dongle has to be enabled in the device manager for the tile to appear. Disabling devices in the device manager is rarely necessary and everything should remain enabled there.

NovHak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu? - Similar Threads - Device Manager shortcut

2. Start menu and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu and Taskbar: My windows key won't open Starrt menu, start menu not working and cant click on icons on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar/42d3aa3f-6402-4283-96d7-4265d76fc090
  3. Start menu broken shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu broken shortcut: Hello guys, I have an issue here. When I was rearrange my start menu I found a doubled "Word" icon, and I tried to remove it.But when I tried to find this shortcut location with right click then 'more', there is no 'Open file location' option.I've already look in start menu...
  4. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  5. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  6. Taskbar and Start menu

Taskbar and Start menu: Hello Microsoft Community! I want a problem solve to the taskber, the problem is that I want to know what is the main thing to what apps are pinned to the task bar and how are they organized, I want the same thing in the start menu, I have a 21H1 version of windows 10....
  7. Device Manager shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Manager shortcut: hello*Smile How to add Device Manager to the right click of this pc and start menu? windows 10 v20H2 168118
  8. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  9. Removing Start Menu shortcuts

Removing Start Menu shortcuts: Is there a way to remove Built-In application shortcuts from the Start Menu? I don't mean uninstall the application, but just remove its shortcut; shortcuts (examples in red) as seen in the attached picture. 149158
  10. uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uTorrent doesn't creat start menu shortcut or taskbar icon: As per title, anyone else found this? Is there anything I can do to make it install properly? Thanks 21085

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add device manager to taskbar