Windows 10: Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID

Discus and support Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hia. I recently installed a third SSD to my computer ( a Crucial MX500 2TB). Everything went smoothly, the drive behaves normal and everything seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Faith, May 25, 2018.

1. Faith Win User

Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID

Hia. I recently installed a third SSD to my computer ( a Crucial MX500 2TB). Everything went smoothly, the drive behaves normal and everything seems good, however this time something weird happened with the identity on the device, it shows an incorrect model and ID in Windows Device Manager: CT512MX100. I tried using various programs to identify it, but they all gathered the info from Windows, which is not right. So I downloaded the program that came with it -- Crucial Storage Tool -- this time with success: CT2000MX500. What's odd about this is that it seems to have taken my previous SSDs identity 4 years ago, which was a 512GB SSD from Crucial actually, and applied it to this one. I can't figure out why Windows would do this and if this is something I should be worried about? If anyone have any input on this that would be great.

:)

Faith, May 25, 2018
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, May 29, 2018
  3. Marco Gav Win User
    USB microphone show up under "Other Devices" in the Device Manager

Hi Luke,

We suggest that you update the device driver. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select
      it from the list of results.

• Expand the category where your device is located, then right-click on the name of your device, and select Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If updating the device driver doesn't work, we suggest that you reinstall the driver:

• Open Device Manager.

• Right-click on the name of the device.

• Select Uninstall.

• Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID

1. Device Manager Shows Incorrect Device ID - Similar Threads - Device Manager Shows

2. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap": I recently needed to uninstall Kaspersky Premium App and then reinstall as I had received an error saying there were corrupted files. Kaspersky now seems ok. I have an unknown device in Device Manager with a path ROOT\NET\0001 and a hardware ID = "kltap". The error seems to...
  3. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap": I recently needed to uninstall Kaspersky Premium App and then reinstall as I had received an error saying there were corrupted files. Kaspersky now seems ok. I have an unknown device in Device Manager with a path ROOT\NET\0001 and a hardware ID = "kltap". The error seems to...
  4. Unknown device in Device Manager = Hardware ID "kltap"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device manager shows Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device manager shows Unknown USB Device: Device manager shows Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed Here are the files:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnqODU59jkasgfasAUMd6Uq6mQyCqac?e=SfpeQe...
  6. Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager

Bluetooth device no longer showing in Device Manager: I have lost my BT capability on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-F Gaming mobo. The BT device no longer shows in DM. This is what I have tried: - reinstall drivers - flash different BIOS, i.e. revert to previous version - use rapr.exe to remove old BT drivers and reinstall - looked in...
  7. Touchpad device not showing up in device manager

Touchpad device not showing up in device manager: [ATTACH] I just installed windows 10, and i can't find my touchpad, i can't even find touchpad in the windows settings.[ATTACH] I tried to install a driver for my touchpad but i can't find one. Can someone please send me a link of a driver or tell me how to fix this...
  8. Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device

Device Manager shows > Other devices> Unknown Device: I noticed a few days ago that Device Manager was showing an unknown Device, and I'm not sure how to correct that. I was thinking of deleting it, but that I should ask on the forum first. My system seems to be running ok save for my running slow when opening programs, but I've...
  9. Unknown Device in Device Manager, Hardware ID *SysToolDevice

Unknown Device in Device Manager, Hardware ID *SysToolDevice: Hey, I opened up Device Manager and under Other Devices, there was an unknown device, who's hardware Id was *SysToolDevice. I tried updating the driver through Device Manager through the automatic updater, but it didn't work. I don't really want to uninstall it just in...
  10. Device manager not showing all devices

Device manager not showing all devices: portable disc drive is not found in device manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/device-manager-not-showing-all-devices/8c0fc3ff-a856-48a1-97bb-b20c106d8bd5