Windows 10: Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option

Discus and support Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{63e6b33f-5032-4727-a6d6-621355283a37} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by F4TaL Predator, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option

Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{63e6b33f-5032-4727-a6d6-621355283a37} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{0214cb61-0fb7-45f6-b325-b8355c17cfdc}
    Class Guid: {C166523C-FE0C-4A94-A586-F1A80CFBBF3E}
    Location Path:
    Migration Rank: 0xF00000000000F120
    Present: false
    Help???

:)

F4TaL Predator, Aug 4, 2018

2. Default Audio device does not switch in Windows 10

Hello Pamela,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?
    • How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it through Windows update settings or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Did you install the latest drivers form the audio device installed in your laptop?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any potential audio related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Playing Audio
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Note: Also perform the Hardware and Device troubleshooter from the
    view all list.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

I would suggest you to try setting the speakers as default and check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices".

b. Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c. Right click on Headphone and then click "Enable".

d. Highlight the speaker and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e. Click Apply and Ok.

Method 2

Next, check if updating/rolling back the audio device driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Sound, video and game controller. Locate the listed sound driver for your PC.

Update driver

Double click on your audio device driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Update.

Reference: Update drivers in Windows 10

Rollback driver

Double click on your audio device driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If the issue persists I would suggest you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to sound device settings, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option

1. Device not migrated (Audio) after windows update no rollback option - Similar Threads - Device migrated Audio

2. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  3. DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DEVICE DISK DRIVE IS NOT MIGRATING AFTER UPDATED WINDOWS.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10-02-2024 12:29:39 Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: WIN-JLA9VFUHSHA Description: Device settings for...
  4. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  5. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  6. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drivers Device Not Migrated: For several months, both my headset Logitech USB and microphone Samson GoMic USB have had issues. They can work, but my microphone is too quiet and muffled and only one setting can be recorded. My headset is too loud, and I have to turn down every program to be very quiet....
  8. Devices "not migrated" after Nov. update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices "not migrated" after Nov. update: November update created a warning message about a USB- attached WD Elements drive. I also have an HP Office Jet Pro and Lexmark E260d showing as "Unspecified Devices". The WD elements warning. Device...
  9. no rollback option

in Windows 10 Support
    no rollback option: When ever I turn my comp on it just comes up with the login I want to go back to win 7 cuz I can pt connect to internet so the only thing I have found is to roll back but I don't have optoin 6395
  10. No rollback option.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No rollback option.: I have a few issues with the Windows 10 install on my Asus X200 laptop and want to rollback to Win 8.1. However, when I go into Settings/Update and Security/Recovery the only 2 options I have are 'Reset this PC' and 'Advanced setup'. The 'Go Back to Windows 8.1' option is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device not migrated assussc40 after update 1909

2. migrated partial ambiguous concidence c166523c-fe0c-4a94-a586-f1a80cfbbf3e

3. migration rank 0xf00000000000f120

4. migration rank: 0xf00000000000f120