Windows 10: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Discus and support Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to: Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [​IMG]
    Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB connection. It also provides advanced diagnostic tools to help you troubleshoot and view the real time performance of your Windows device.

The Device Portal is a web server on your device that you can connect to from a web browser on your PC. If your device has a web browser, you can also connect locally with the browser on your device.

Both Windows 10 Mobile phone and PC devices must be connected to the same subnet of the network by a wired or wireless connection, or they must be connected by USB.

You can choose from 3 ways to connect to Device Portal: USB, local host, and over the local network (including VPN and tethering).

Windows Device Portal is available on each device family, but features and setup vary based on the device's requirements.

Starting in Windows 10 version 1511, additional developer features are available for the mobile device family. These features are available only when developer mode is turned on.

Device Portal on mobile provides the standard set of pages.
    • Apps manager
    • Xbox Live
    • File Explorer
    • Running processes
    • Performance
    • Debug
    • Realtime Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) tracing
    • Performance tracing
    • Device manager
    • Networking
    • Features
    • Crash data
    • Scratch
    For information about Device Portal, see:

This tutorial will show you how to connect to Device Portal to configure and manage your Windows 10 Mobile phone remotely over a local network or USB connection.

Here's How:

1. On your Windows 10 Mobile phone, open Settings, and tap on Update & security. (see screenshot below)

A) Tap on For developers. (see screenshot below)

B) If you haven't already, you will need to turn on Device Portal on the Windows 10 Mobile phone you want to connect to.

2. On your PC or other Windows 10 device, enter the URL link to Device Portal from your phone's settings in the address bar of your web browser (ex: Internet Explorer), and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the Continue to this website link. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter the case-sensitive 6 character security code from your phone, and click/tap on Submit. (see screenshot below)

Note The first time you connect to Device Portal, you are asked for a case-sensitive, 6 character security code. This ensures that you have access to the phone, and keeps you safe from attackers. Press the Pair button under Device discovery on your phone to generate and display the code, then enter the 6 characters into the text box in the browser.

5. You will now be connected to Device Portal for the Windows 10 Mobile phone. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 16, 2017

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Phone Man Win User
    Upgrading existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 Mobile

Here is the list from MS.

Jim

Phone Man, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter[/quote]

Cluster Head, Oct 26, 2019
  5. xinlifoss Win User
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

thanks for the tip. yes, the phone did ask if I wanted to set a pin. I tried my tests with the pin set and without a pin set. no difference.

it took a while, but I finally got this new update installed.

alas, same pathology:
    • with a local Device Encryption toggled On, no dialog, no change in Storage status
    • with an activesync policy from Google Sync (Google for Work), the Requires Encryption policy is ignored by the device, so the toggle remains Off, yet the device seems to be reporting back to the server that encryption is activated because the data is syncing with the servers
    • with a native Office Enterprise that has a Requires Encryption policy, the settings toggle is moved to On and greyed out so the user cannot disable, the data is syncing immediately, yet the Storage settings do not indicate that the device is encrypted.

last thing. with windows 8.1r2, the Office Enterprise did seem to set the encryption correctly.

still puzzled.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
  6. xinlifoss Win User
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

I have a Lumia 640 XL, with now Windows 10 Mobile / Phone installed via Insider.

I see the option to enable encryption and followed the steps above.

However, *nothing appears to happen*.

The checked items is On for encryption, but when I look at Settings - System - Storage, it does NOT say that the system is encrypted.

Also, there is no progress dialog regarding the encryption process. The On/Off toggle for encryption can be changed at will.

Does encryption even work at all on Windows 10 Mobile / Phone?

Note: I also connected the phone to an ActiveSync Office365 policy that "requires" encryption. The only thing that happens is that the toggle is now set to On, but again, no progress dialog, no indication in the Storage settings that encryption is enabled or anything.

Does encryption even work for the SDCARD?

At this point, I cannot use this device if it is not possible to verify encryption works.

xinlifoss, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

1. Device Portal - Connect to for Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Similar Threads - Device Portal Connect

2. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  3. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  4. Connect PC to phone mobile data

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  5. devices: mobile phones in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    devices: mobile phones in Win10: so, unsure which sub-forum to mention these issues can't get win 10 to detect my alcaltel phone pixi 3.5 can't therefore use USB tethering 25567
  6. Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Encryption - Turn On or Off for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Encryption for your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Device encryption helps protect your files and folder on your Windows 10 Mobile phone from unauthorized...
  7. Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Unpair Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Unpair a Bluetooth Device on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Bluetooth is a short range wireless technology which enables wireless data transmission between two Bluetooth–enabled devices...
  8. Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Device Portal for Mobile - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Device Portal for Mobile on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB...
  9. Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 PC: How to: Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 PC How to Connect to Device Portal for Windows 10 PC The Windows Device Portal lets you configure and manage your device remotely over a network or USB connection. It also provides advanced diagnostic tools to help you...
  10. Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Change Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Change the Device Name in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Devices on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two devices have the same name on the same...