Windows 10: devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day

Discus and support devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I normally shut down my HP Laptop with Windows 10 April 2018 Update with OS Build 17134.137 before I sleep but when I boot the laptop every morning,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TonyThuitai, Jul 4, 2018.

1. devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day

I normally shut down my HP Laptop with Windows 10 April 2018 Update with OS Build 17134.137 before I sleep but when I boot the laptop every morning, after Windows has fully booted, I always check the reliability monitor and the devicecensus.exe process is shown that it has stopped working. This only happens at first Windows boot of the day and when I shut down the PC and boot it on the same day, this problem does not happen. Below is a screenshot of my reliability monitor proving my issue.

devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day d48b57b8-8008-49b4-a7f2-6e83e18e3dae?upload=true.png

Below is error details described by the reliability monitor:

Faulting application name: devicecensus.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x79a09a4b
    Faulting module name: WaaSAssessment.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0xb7ab6594
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000008ee5
    Faulting process ID: 0x46f8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d41359fa24c732
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\devicecensus.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\WaaSAssessment.dll
    Report ID: 09e584af-58be-43dc-b1d7-ae0f2d32d8a4
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

This problem started on 28th June 2018 after I installed the latest OS build in the previous day. I only use Avast Antivirus, I first suspected its Behavior Shield and added the file as an exclusion but the problem still occurred. In one of the posts about this problem posted earlier about this problem, a solution provided was of disabling webcam access for feedback hub. I disabled webcam access for feedback hub but the problem this occurred.

:)

TonyThuitai, Jul 4, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 4, 2018
  3. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, Jul 4, 2018
  4. KieX Win User

devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day

Error: No work available to process

Hmm. Either it's put out errors and WCG is limiting the work units available, or the project list may not be set to supply other WU when one runs out. (if the problem lies here and not on your end)

On the options to your left, if you go into Results Status, select the computer from Device Name and then look through results see if either they were returned late, errors or any other kind of issue that would stop the servers supplying WU from that perspective.

If there are no errors then it's maybe down to your project list. So selecting Device Manager from the left menu and then clicking on the profile assigned to that computer and make sure that it's assigned to receive WU for other projects if they run out.

At least those steps will rule out problems from the WCG end.

KieX, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day

1. devicecensus.exe process stops working problem after first boot of the day - Similar Threads - devicecensus exe process

2. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  3. Windows BSOD on first boot of day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD on first boot of day.: Hello, I recently built a new computer, and it ran fine for a while, but recently, I have been getting a BSOD on the first boot of the day. The PC reboots too quickly for me to read the error messages. Once it has rebooted, it's fine for the rest of the day, and doesn't BSOD...
  4. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  5. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  6. Windows don't boot first time of the day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows don't boot first time of the day: Hello there,I have this problem for a few weeks now, my Windows just fail to boot up first time of the day. It's just stuck on the loading screen right before it let's you use the desktop. The solution is turning off the whole PC with the power button on the PC case and...
  7. Windows don't boot first time of the day

8. DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.

DPC_Watchdog_Violation BSOD occurring for first boot of the day.: Good Evening All, I am having a weird issue with my PC BSOD'ing at the Windows login screen only once per day -- when I first power on my PC. It doesn't seem to occur on reboots or subsequent cold boots, just once per 24 hours. The PC is new, and I have rebuilt Windows a...
  9. First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    First boot of the day BSOD, IRQL: A few days ago, I installed a new Samsung 970 pro NVME m.2 drive and some Corsair Vengeance RGD Pro DDR4 RAM, and since then, when I power my PC on in the morning, it will BSOD anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours after it cold boots (I shut down every night, and have...
  10. Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stop booting after first logo...: Greetings everyone, I'm having this issue that's giving me headaches. I'm starting my computer, it gets to the first windows logo and then my screen gets black, and my Logitech wireless keyboard says it got no connection... The thing is I've been around the web to find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. faulting application name: svchost.exe_wuauserv version: 10.0.17134.1 time stamp: 0xa38b9ab2faulting module name: waasassessment.dll

2. Faulting module name: WaaSAssessment.dll

3. faulting application name: svchost.exe_usosvc version: 10.0.17134.1 time stamp: 0xa38b9ab2faulting module name: waasassessment.dll version: 10.0.17134.1 time stamp: 0xb7ab6594

4. device census exe function,
  5. devicecensus.exe webcam access attempt,
  6. C:\\windows\system32\devicecensus.exe,
  7. C:\\windows\system32\devicecensus.exe tries to access my webcam,
  8. waasassessment.dll devicecensus.exe,
  9. devicecensus.exe