Windows 10: Devices on my local network unreachable

Discus and support Devices on my local network unreachable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From a PC (called PC1 later on; running W10), I do not see other PCs or multimedia boxes connected on my local network. Using \\192.xx.yy.zz doesn’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DOM107, Jan 26, 2016.

1. DOM107 Win User

Devices on my local network unreachable

From a PC (called PC1 later on; running W10), I do not see other PCs or multimedia boxes connected on my local network.
    Using \\192.xx.yy.zz doesn’t work.
    From a W10 tablet PC (called PCt later on), I see other connected devices: Dune HD and PC1. From PCt I can even navigate into PC1 directories.

In PC1 Network and Sharing Center, I cannot enable file sharing.
    When clicking on the button to activate it and then saving the changes, I notice, when reopening the parameters window, that it hasn’t been changed. It remains disabled.

The "computer browser" Service will not start because of dependencies (1068 error).
    The "workstation" Service will not start because of dependencies (1068 error). This service is required to "computer browser"

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

DOM107, Jan 26, 2016

2. Unable to access LAN web server and services with Asha 302

Hi all,

I seem to have a problem with my Asha 302.

I can connect to my home wi-fi and access the internet with no problems at all. However, I'm unable to access web servers or services on my own LAN.

First spotted when I tried to set up the 'Mail' application and creating custom settings to connect to my own IMAP and SMTP server on IP address 192.168.0.199. The mail app would inform me that the server was unreachable or words to that effect.

Using both the Nokia web browser and Opera, I have since tried connecting to a local web server again on 192.168.0.199 and both browsers replied with address unreachable. Have also tried connecting to my router on 192.168.0.1 and again I get address unreachable.

My phone connects to my wi-fi with address 192.168.0.15 - and with gateway 192.168.0.1, DNS 192.168.0.1 as per any other device on my network.

I have also tried doing exactly the same thing on a Nokia N8 - and the N8 is successfully communicating with local servers.

I'm running v14.53 and had same problem with 14.23.

Can anyone advise?

Many thanks.

beeblemaster, Jan 26, 2016
  3. can you recieve a meaage while content copier is running?

not sure, but my guess would be that network would recognise phone as unreachable for a moment and SMS would get resent after backup

manta---01, Jan 26, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Have you set up a Home Group? In my experience that's the easiest way to get proper sharing setup.

PJLLB, Jan 27, 2016
  5. DOM107 Win User
    All my devices are in the default WORKGROUP.

The problem could be related to some software upgrade as I made no change and it worked a while ago.

DOM107, Jan 27, 2016
  6. DOM107 Win User
    Hello,

Problem solved!

Looking at windows events viewer, I noticed that services couldn't start due to corrupted files.

The analysis and repear using:
    SFC / scannow
    solved the problem.

The services now start properly at boot time.

DOM107, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Devices on my local network unreachable - Similar Threads - Devices local network

2. unreachable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  3. unreachable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unreachable: microsoft device won't allow me to access microsoft.com it states : This site can’t be reachedhttps://www.comed.com/ is unreachable.Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE why is this happening? I have cleared cache, history, reset modem and restarted...
  4. Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...: I have a PC and a media server, both using Windows 11. I have the media server as a network location and also as a mapped network drive on the PC. If I click on it, it works absolutely fine without issue. However, if I turn off or restart my PC, the icon gets an X over it and...
  5. Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Location "Unreachable" but it's not really...: I have a PC and a media server, both using Windows 11. I have the media server as a network location and also as a mapped network drive on the PC. If I click on it, it works absolutely fine without issue. However, if I turn off or restart my PC, the icon gets an X over it and...
  6. 0x80070141 device unreachable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0x80070141 device unreachable: Having this issue attempting to download anything (particularly games) from the Windows Store. All drives (SSDs, interal/SATA) show up in the drop down list for install locations, but this error (0x80070141) pops up every time. Issue started as of yesterday. When I look up...
  7. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network: Earlier I could send and receive files through Blue tooth.But now after pairing am unable to and get the above message Windows was unable to transfer some files. A socket Operation was attempted to an unreachable network....
  8. The device is unreachable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The device is unreachable: I have been trying to import photos from my iPhone x to my Windows 10 HP computer. Most of the photos imported no problem, but a large number fail and I get the message "the device is unreachable" I have searched for days for an answer and got nowhere. Please note: I have...
  9. Network Puzzle - Siite suddenly unreachable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Puzzle - Siite suddenly unreachable: I subscribe to a forum at My Football Forum - UK Football Forum Community which I have been using on a daily basis for the past two years. About 7 days ago the site became unreachable. I live in shared accommodation and there is a wifi service provided by the property...
  10. Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Specific sites slow/unreachable on WiFi on my device: I have been facing issues trying to connect to specific websites on my laptop with my wifi. Most work just fine. No issues when using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot) on my laptop for those websites. No issues when using a someone else's laptop on my wifi...