Windows 10: devices & printers

Discus and support devices & printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Control Panel > Devices & Printers takes about 30 seconds to open. Any idea why? Never had this issue in previous Win versions. Thanks! ...Steve 14922 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by weamish, Aug 9, 2015.

1. weamish Win User

devices & printers

Control Panel > Devices & Printers takes about 30 seconds to open. Any idea why? Never had this issue in previous Win versions. Thanks! ...Steve

:)

weamish, Aug 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 control panel printer not showing

Yesterday my HP Office jet printer disappeared from the Devices & Printers section in the settings. The printer does work and is still listed as my default printer but I cannot work with in from the Devices & Printers screen. I have Windows 10. I tried
    reinstalling the printer but it still doesn't show up.

Terry Mate, Aug 9, 2015
  3. lacrumb Win User
    printers

Go Settings, Devices, Printers & scanners, click on the printer, click on Remove device.

lacrumb, Aug 9, 2015
  4. gomno Win User

devices & printers

I'm having the same problem. Searching the internet seems to indicate the problem is related to a large number of generic volume shadow copies listed under device manager (when view hidden files is enabled). I have thousands of them that are grayed out but a few are not. I can delete them one by one but am having trouble finding a way to delete them all at once.

gomno, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

devices & printers

1. devices & printers - Similar Threads - devices printers

2. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  3. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!: I am absolutely infuriated and need help!I got a new thermal printer called BESTEASY. DID NOT COME WITH DRIVERS. In device manager and control panel, it shows under software devices or "unspecified". I have uninstalled. I have reinstalled. I have tried adding a printer...
  4. Printer showing as Unknown Device for BESTEASY printer - I do not have drivers!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  6. "Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login

"Applying group policy printer policy": School devices getting stuck while booting from a login: Greetings,I work at a school in Australia. Just recently, when a student or staff logs into a laptop that is joined to the schools domain, it will get stuck on "applying group policy printer policy" for roughly 10-15 minutes.At first, we believed it was printers that were...
  7. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  8. Unable to Add Device printer

Unable to Add Device printer: In an effort to reconnect my HP laptop and wireless HP 5741 printer so I can print without the printer cord, I uninstalled the drivers after trying just about every other option. Now when I try to add a device the window pops up for an instant and goes away. Same thing in...
  9. Unable to Add Device printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?

Why won't Windows 11 recognize my printer as a scanning device?: I set up a Canon MF753cdw printer with my Windows 11 pc. When I view the printer in printers and scanners, I don't have an option to scan. When I try to add devices, no scanner appears. How do I enable scanning on this device?...