Windows 10: DHCP will not start . Error 5.

Discus and support DHCP will not start . Error 5. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start . The error message when trying to restart DHCP is : "Windows was unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agmz30, Oct 1, 2016.

1. agmz30 Win User

DHCP will not start . Error 5.

Have not been able to get automatic IP on LAN because DHCP won't start .
    The error message when trying to restart DHCP is :
    "Windows was unable to restart DHCP Client service . Error 5 : Access Denied."
    I am able to connect to the internet with a static IP .
    I have no restoration points on my computer .

This is what I have tried so far -->

The usual commands :

• ipconfig /flushdns
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    • netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    • ipconfig / release
    • ipconfig /renew

I have , of course , contacted my ISP and they have found nothing wrong on their side (or in the router) .

I have also uninstalled / reinstalled my network adaptor .

Have also tried modifying the registry by assigning permissions at :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCP\

Now digging deeper , I set the command :
    CMD /K SC QC DHCP

This was what I got (note the system is in Spanish) :
    TIPO_INICIO : 2 AUTO_START
    CONTROL_ERROR : 1 NORMAL
    NOMBRE_RUTA_BINARIO : C:\Windows\system32\svchlst.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
    GRUPO_ORDEN_CARGA : TDI
    ETIQUETA : 0
    NOMBRE_MOSTRAR : Cliente DHCP
    DEPENDENCIAS : MSI
    TDX
    AFD
    NOMBRE_INICIO_SERVICIO : NT Authority\LocalService

Any ideas? ,
    Thanks .

:)

agmz30, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Waller65 Win User

Windows Mobile 5 & 6 DHCP error

I am having trouble trying to connect to my wireless network using Windows Mobile 5 or 6 and DHCP. The WLAN is a hidden SSID with WPA2-PSK security using AES encryption.

The SSID is fully configured on the PDA and it can see the network is there, but after about a minute or so I receive an error message saying:

"Cannot obtain a server-assigned IP address. Try again later or enter an IP address in Network settings."

I have entered a static IP address onto the WLAN card and sure enough it connects fine which to me proves everything with the network is fine and that the device is capable of communicating using the SSID and security settings.

I ended up looking at the DHCP scope from which this device should be getting an address and sure enough when the PDA is configured to DHCP there is an entry in address leases but the device still displays the above error message, I am unable to ping the
    address and cannot get online.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what I can try next to get this going?

Waller65, Oct 1, 2016
  3. lars_hn Win User
    Windows Mobile 5 & 6 DHCP error

I have seen excactly the same problem as you discribe - but i haven't found a solution yet...

My WLAN is not hidden...

- Lars

lars_hn, Oct 1, 2016
  4. linw Win User

linw, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

1. DHCP will not start . Error 5. - Similar Threads - DHCP start Error

2. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  3. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP client error 5: I am trying to restart my DHCP client I have given full control to the local and network service under registry edit and added the NT authority/local service in Powershell and still getting the error 5...
  4. DHCP client error 5

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to restart DHCP error 5

Unable to restart DHCP error 5: The ethernet I am connected o in my institution has stopped working. When diagnosed, it just says the IP configuration is invalid. I have gotten in touch with the IT department and they said everything is good on their end and the only thing they can suggest is if I restarted...
  6. DNS or DHCP error

DNS or DHCP error: Dear Good Samaritans My ACER laptop network suddenly stops working. The symptoms are: Only Google sites and some other sites are accessible. All others will return the error: DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN. All other mobile devices and the other Thinkpad work fine in the same...
  7. Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot stop and start the Dhcp service.: Hello, for something I'm working on I need to be able to stop and start the DHCP service. However, I am unable to do so because when I tried to attempt to stop the service I get "Access is denied" and "System error 5 has occurred". I do not believe the problem is because...
  8. DHCP services could not start

DHCP services could not start: I’m having internet problems. I have an ethernet cable connected to my computer, however the internet icon has dissapered from my taskbar and I dont have internet at all. I think this has to do with the DHCP services. When I try to run the DHCP services I get an error....
  9. DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...

DHCP error 5 access denied. Unable to stop, restart, ect...: I am unable to access my internet. I know the modem and cable are good because i have tested it on multiple devices. I am trying to restart my DHCP but it just keeps telling me access denied. I have messed with the permissions, all the command prompt while run as administator...
  10. Dhcp Client Errors

Dhcp Client Errors: I am getting a lot of Dhcp client Errors.My internet drops out and wont connect.Here is the error I get from event viewer,like 10 or more per day..Event 1002 Dhcp client...The IP address lease 192.168.0.12 for the Network Card with network address 0x704D7B343FCB has been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dhcp restart Error 5: Access is denied