Windows 10: Diagnosing BSOD that only occurs while playing crysis 3

Discus and support Diagnosing BSOD that only occurs while playing crysis 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The error read - Session "EventLog-AirSpaceChannel" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188 Before anyone asks: Yes, my CPU overclock is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elucidate, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Elucidate Win User

Diagnosing BSOD that only occurs while playing crysis 3

The error read - Session "EventLog-AirSpaceChannel" stopped due to the following error: 0xC0000188

Before anyone asks: Yes, my CPU overclock is stable. I ran intel's extreme tuning utility for 6+ hrs (temps rarely go above 73c for xtu) along with IntelBurnTest and everything passed.

Can someone please enlighten me?

:)

Elucidate, Jun 1, 2017

2. Gaming Windows 10

After I installed Windows 10,I installed need for speed most wanted 2 and crysis 3 but I couldn't play those games because those games were very slow. Before I installed windows 10 I played need for speed most wanted 2 and crysis 3 very well. So I want
    to know what games can I paly with windows 10.

Kasun_Hewage, Jun 1, 2017
  3. Drexl Win User
    I am getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when adding webcams to vMix software.

I'm getting this specific BSOD as well. Currently it only occurs while playing Starbound, and only in certain locations in the game. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers and I likewise saw nothing like this until the most recent windows update.

Drexl, Jun 1, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Elucidate and welcome to TenForums *Smile

There are two crash dumps and both show that the write process to the level 0 cache of the CPU failed. This is often because of corruption or misconfiguration somewhere and maybe this only happens when playing the game. I think if it was the CPU or other hardware you would experience this crash much more often.

Code: Error Type : Cache error Operation : Generic Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 1)[/quote] Does this still happen if you remove all overclocking programs like MSI Afterburner? Such programs are known to cause BSOD and overclocking can easily give rise to these cache errors.

philc43, Jun 1, 2017
  5. Elucidate Win User
    Thanks for the quick response.

I should note that there's no overclocks present on the GPU. I only use MSI afterburner to apply a fan curve. I'll run crysis3 tonight without MSI afterburner and I'll report back with my findings.

Elucidate, Jun 1, 2017
  6. Elucidate Win User
    Unfortunately it's still an ongoing issue after uninstalling afterburner. As I stated earlier: it only occurs whilst playing crysis3 (I have hundreds of titles on steam/origin combined and nothing of this sort ever happened when playing other titles).

My only solution is to ask EA for a refund since I still qualify.

I'll mark this as solved then.

Cheers.

Elucidate, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Diagnosing BSOD that only occurs while playing crysis 3 - Similar Threads - Diagnosing BSOD occurs

2. BSOD while playing Halo 3 ODST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while playing Halo 3 ODST: Hi, I'm getting BSOD when I open MCC and then after I open it again and go into the Campaign for ODST I get BSOD again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-playing-halo-3-odst/b9fcbc99-e4b2-4b25-893f-bafd21f43c52
  3. BSOD while playing Halo 3 ODST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing Halo 3 ODST: Hi, I'm getting BSOD when I open MCC and then after I open it again and go into the Campaign for ODST I get BSOD again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-while-playing-halo-3-odst/b9fcbc99-e4b2-4b25-893f-bafd21f43c52
  4. crysis 3 can't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crysis 3 can't open: hey mate, i have some problem here i just download crysis 3 and i wont opensame thing always happen if i download the old gameprobably this is happen because directx thing or idk hope u guys can help me :...
  5. crysis 3 can't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crysis 3 can't open: hey mate, i have some problem here i just download crysis 3 and i wont opensame thing always happen if i download the old gameprobably this is happen because directx thing or idk hope u guys can help me :...
  6. BSOD while playing Just Cause 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing Just Cause 3: I was just playing the game as per normal. All settings maxed out except for AA which is on FXAA. One thing I recently changed was forcing Anisotropic Filtering in the NVCP. My hardware is as follows: EVGA GTX 980 TI 6GB i7 6700K (No overclock) 16GB DDR4 I have...
  7. BSOD while playing Arma 3

BSOD while playing Arma 3: Hello there, I just got my RAM fixed and I started playing some games. However, I recently received several BSOD's from playing games like Arma 3 or Wargame. I updated my drivers and such but no hope so far for me. I would really appreciate it if somebody could solve my...
  8. Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.

Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.: Hi, Recently my PC has been seeing BSODs quite frequently. They usually occur while playing games. The bugcheck code varies as well. Attachment 111193 Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 70611
  9. Diagnoses of BSOD Occured Yesterday

Diagnoses of BSOD Occured Yesterday: HI All Clean install of Windows 10 Pro x64 Creators edition, received my very first ever BSOD, so making sure nothing is wrong with the system hardware or anything.. Am Running Avast Antivirus 2294, (uninstalled right now to see if occurs with Defender) so far hasn't,...
  10. BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3: Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While...