Windows 10: Diagnosing Performance Problems Arising Since 1803 Update. I Need Help Please!

Discus and support Diagnosing Performance Problems Arising Since 1803 Update. I Need Help Please! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've tried everything according to advice received on this forum, and one or two ideas of my own devising. Nothing really helps, beyond a day two,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CCVincent, Jul 20, 2018.

1. CCVincent Win User

Diagnosing Performance Problems Arising Since 1803 Update. I Need Help Please!

I've tried everything according to advice received on this forum, and one or two ideas of my own devising.

Nothing really helps, beyond a day two, despite sometimes appearing to at first.

All I can see at the moment, looking at Task Manager, is that Disk activity rises to 100% every few minutes with no sign of any process being responsible and that is when one, two, three or all apps stop responding. I've tried using Procmon and WPR/WPA to see if I could figure out what was going on, but none of it makes sense to me.

Among other things, I would appreciate advice on how best to set up such utilities if they might be at all useful.

And advice on any other diagnostic tools I could use.

I'm saying it is the 1803 update, because I never had such problems before. And, I get the very distinct impression I'm not alone in this regard.

Any help always appreciated.

:)

CCVincent, Jul 20, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows 10 1803 update issues(Solved!)

How was this solved? Maybe it could help someone else, since there are numerous various problems with 1803 (and yes, I know many others have had no problems, as well).

rtwjunkie, Jul 20, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 20, 2018
  4. silkstone Win User

Diagnosing Network Problems?

hi, i was wondering if i could get some advice?

I have my HTPC connected via wi-fi to my main rig. However, file transfer speeds are extremely slow, in the region of 300Kb/s.

My laptop is connected via the same wi-fi router and experiences much better speeds, normal wi-fi transfer speeds.

Before i throw my HTPCs wifi card out of the window are there any steps i can take to diagnose connection problems?

silkstone, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Diagnosing Performance Problems Arising Since 1803 Update. I Need Help Please! - Similar Threads - Diagnosing Performance Problems

2. Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.: My computer keeps bluescreening. I've tried reinstalling video drivers, clean installs, factory resetting, and so forth.Minidump files for those interested....
  3. Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to diagnose a problem, help please.: My computer keeps bluescreening. I've tried reinstalling video drivers, clean installs, factory resetting, and so forth.Minidump files for those interested....
  4. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  5. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.: My computer keeps blue screening. I bought a new 2TB SSD and used clonzilla to clone the older 500GB drive. Everything boots up and runs well. It ran for a good amount of time but is now blue screening occasionally. I could use some help with the Dump file. In WinDbg Preview...
  6. I need help with diagnosing a BSOD.

7. PC randomly reboots: I need help to diagnose the problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly reboots: I need help to diagnose the problem.: Up until a couple of weeks ago, my computer was working perfectly fine. Since that time though, and I'm not sure exactly when, my PC started randomly rebooting. It seems to happen every couple of days, and it appears to be slowly becoming a more frequent occurrence.I have...
  8. PC randomly reboots: I need help to diagnose the problem.

PC randomly reboots: I need help to diagnose the problem.: Up until a couple of weeks ago, my computer was working perfectly fine. Since that time though, and I'm not sure exactly when, my PC started randomly rebooting. It seems to happen every couple of days, and it appears to be slowly becoming a more frequent occurrence.I have...
  9. i need help please in this problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i need help please in this problem: i have problem i now connected to Internet via laptop wifi but the problem now internal can't access to any site apear to me "this site can’t be reached" but this problem fixed if i disconnect wifi and connect via usb wifi, i need fix please help me to fix this problem in...
  10. Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help me diagnose a BSOD problem please :: Hi! So, for a couple of days now I keep getting crashes. They used to be BSOD with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR code 0x00000124 Here's more info: _On Wed 2/10/2021 9:45:07 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...