Windows 10: Dial up connection error 608

Discus and support Dial up connection error 608 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since upgrading to Win 10 the dial up function hangs after the far end answers. When I try to look at the Security properties of the connection I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mkcrks, Jan 28, 2018.

1. mkcrks Win User

Dial up connection error 608

Ever since upgrading to Win 10 the dial up function hangs after the far end answers. When I try to look at the Security properties of the connection I get the 608 error code. My modem is Win 10 compatible and works fine on another communications program. I realize nobody uses DUN any more but I need it for certain situations. Thanks for any help

Dial up connection error 608 [​IMG]

:)

mkcrks, Jan 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 dial up connection problem after Creators update

Hi

The problem is exactly the same on my home computer (Windows 10 64bit professional, 1709):

I create a cable connection on the comport and try to make it a dial up connection. Then it displays the error 608 when changing to the security tab.

There have been no hardware changes and the COM port name is the same.

Any ideas?

-Kim

teknik_kim, Jan 28, 2018
  3. Dial up broken

I tried this and it hasn't made any difference. I can use the USB modem for a different kind of dial in. The problem seems to be specifically with the dial up connection.

If I click on "connect" on the dial up connection, then click on Properties-->Security, I get Error 608:
    A device was specified that does not exist.

I have been able to recreate COM3 but it is showing this error: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Like I said the USB modem works fine for a different application. Any help you can give me is appreciated.

TerriN_623, Jan 28, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

I haven't had to use DUN is quite awhile [more than 10 years] but would ask if a particular program is initiating the dialing such as the FAX feature in Windows or other FAXing program, maybe an FTP program. Maybe it's a setting in that programs' setup.

Berton, Jan 28, 2018
  5. mkcrks Win User
    No other program is involved. Just windows dial up networking
    Thanks for replying

mkcrks, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dial up connection error 608 - Similar Threads - Dial connection error

2. About Dial up / broadband Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    About Dial up / broadband Connection: when i try to connect to broadband it show me this error i checked twice and tried another id but failed[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-dial-up-broadband-connection/3455b95d-f29e-4f3d-871d-1a23ff1d8c6c
  3. Windows 10 dial-up connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  4. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection: How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I...
  5. Error 678 with dial-up connection

Error 678 with dial-up connection: Hi, I am trying to get a new HP computer to connect to the internet with dial-up. There is no other connection option, It is a remote site, there is no wireless, cell-phone, ADSL, VDSL. I set up the dial-up connection but get Error 678. I have tried an older computer running...
  6. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  7. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  8. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  9. PPPOE Dial Up connection issue

PPPOE Dial Up connection issue: PPPOE or any dial up connection showing I'm not connected to internet and no Microsoft app is connecting to internet. Can't even sign in to my acc. But Edge works fine and I can browse internet. [ATTACH]...
  10. Dial up Broadband connection crashing

Dial up Broadband connection crashing: Recently upgraded to version 10586 through "Windows Update". Since then, whenever I "Shutdown" or "Hibernate" my computer, the Dial up Broadband Protocol goes missing & I've to Set Up again. Any solution? 48138

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 608

2. what happens if you change network settings in windows 10

3. what is error 608 in windows 10

4. error 608 dial up,
  5. phone error 608