Windows 10: Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

Discus and support Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use a Dial Up Broadband connection which has been set up by User ID & Password provided by the ISP. After "Clean Install" of Creators Update,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by layman, Apr 13, 2017.

1. layman Win User

Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

I use a Dial Up Broadband connection which has been set up by User ID & Password provided by the ISP. After "Clean Install" of Creators Update, whenever I try to connect to Internet a window pops-up "Windows Security", where I have to enter the User ID & Password again before I can connect. This is a new problem not faced earlier even after "Normal" Update of Creators Update over earlier builds of Windows 10. Is there any way out for "saving" the User ID & Password somewhere?

:)

layman, Apr 13, 2017
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 dial up connection problem after Creators update

Hi Kim,

Error 608: The device does not exist occurs if the modem's serial port might have changed. While
    Error 633: The port is already in use or is not configured properly occurs when the port is not configured for Remote Access. For us to provide a solution suitable to your concern, we'd like to confirm if you are
    connected to a domain network or a personal network.

In the meantime, try restarting your PC, remove and reinstall the modem from the Device Manager and see if it will work.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 dial up connection problem after Creators update

Hi

The problem is exactly the same on my home computer (Windows 10 64bit professional, 1709):

I create a cable connection on the comport and try to make it a dial up connection. Then it displays the error 608 when changing to the security tab.

There have been no hardware changes and the COM port name is the same.

Any ideas?

-Kim

teknik_kim, Apr 13, 2017
  4. borgus Win User
Thema:

Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

1. Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update - Similar Threads - Dial connection problem

2. Windows 10 dial-up connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  3. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  4. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  5. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  6. PPPOE Dial Up connection issue

PPPOE Dial Up connection issue: PPPOE or any dial up connection showing I'm not connected to internet and no Microsoft app is connecting to internet. Can't even sign in to my acc. But Edge works fine and I can browse internet. [ATTACH]...
  7. Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...: I can connect all other site with my dial up modem connection, but can't connect to windows update server. When I check connection status, it show not connected although I'm already connected. I can browse all site . But when I check for update for windows feature show "Error...
  8. Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...: I can connect all other site with my dial up modem connection, but can't connect to windows update server. When I check connection status, it show not connected although I'm already connected. I can browse all site . But when I check for update for windows feature show "Error...
  9. Dial up connection error 608

Dial up connection error 608: Ever since upgrading to Win 10 the dial up function hangs after the far end answers. When I try to look at the Security properties of the connection I get the 608 error code. My modem is Win 10 compatible and works fine on another communications program. I realize nobody uses...
  10. Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update

Can't connect to internet after installing Creators Update: It took about 3 hrs in install. After PC restarted it showed error message indicating cable wasn't connected (which it was) Could NOT uninstall network adapter drivers. Tried to restart with firewall off. Do I have to uninstall anti-virus program for this...