Windows 10: Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang

Discus and support Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have attempted to change the language of my windows 10 professional desktop to French. Seems not all of the operating system is in French.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zero2toy, May 7, 2016.

1. zero2toy Win User

Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang

Hello,

I have attempted to change the language of my windows 10 professional desktop to French. Seems not all of the operating system is in French. For instance when I go to control panel>system>system>advanced settings, the dialog box is still in English. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. I have searched this forum and others, including a general web search but I cannot find any help on this issue.

What I have already done:
    1. Start>Settings>Language, Language and Region>Add Language>French France
    2. Clicked French and set as default language
    3. From the Region drop-down, I selected France
    4. Clicked Additional settings at the bottom of window
    5. Select Language
    6. Downloaded Language Pack
    7. Click Back, then Back again
    8. Select Region
    9. From the Format drop-down, select France
    10. On the Localization tab, from the drop-down, selected France.
    11. Start>Store
    12. From the profile drop-down, selected download updates
    13. Installed all updates.

Please, any help with this is greatly appreciated. I cannot film help support videos in French with English dialog boxes appearing in my videos.

Thanks in advance.

:)

zero2toy, May 7, 2016

2. My Windows 10 Changing Language Incomplete

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the base language of operating system installed on your computer?

The display language is the language that Windows uses in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, Help and Support topics, and other items in the user interface. Some display languages are installed by default, and others require you to install additional language
    files. When you change the display language, it is changed for your user account and is not changed on the Welcome screen.

Let's follow these steps below.

• Type Control Panel on search bar, click on Control Panel, click on Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Regional and Language Options.

• Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

• Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click
      OK.

When you change the display language, the text in menus and dialog boxes for some programs might not be in the language that you want. This happens because the program might not support Unicode.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, May 7, 2016
  3. Change Windows Phone 7 default language?

Settings>>Region+Language

Select the language and then tap a link on the same screen "Tap here to accept changes and restart your phone" just above the Display Language Box...

Note: Please do not press the back button at any cost. Otherwise ur lang will never change...

HimanshuShirodkar, May 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Have you tried restarting? I find when changing the display language, I need to log off, log on, then I get a black screen, so CTRL ALT DEL, log off again, log on.

Completely changing language to satisfy
    a. Cortana
    b. Not getting a message 'Search results aren't quite ready yet' when searching Settings
    is relatively difficult and obscure.

dalchina, May 7, 2016
  5. zero2toy Win User
    Yes I have tried that.

zero2toy, May 8, 2016
  6. zero2toy Win User
    Also my mail and calendar apps have not updated to the system language.

zero2toy, May 8, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, see:
    Display language doesnt change in Mail and Calendar apps for Windows 10 - Outlook

Can only suggest 2 other settings offhand, which are not obviously relevant:

Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang [​IMG]

and using override:

Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang [​IMG]

but I would be surprised if those help...

Also check what happens if you search Settings... do you get an error message?
    What you are seeing may be related to the need one person found to
    a. uninstall updates
    b. apply language
    c. reinstall updates
    Albeit this was related to the error message when searching Settings.

On mine under control panel>system>system>advanced settings, dialogue spelling is English UK FWIW.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Dialog Box still display in other language after changed system lang - Similar Threads - Dialog Box still

2. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  3. Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Dialog Box Is Still Broken after 3 years!: I really hoped that this might have been fixed by now. I have tried all the workarounds, but nothing works.This seems to be an issue with the Windows UI, If the dialog box was resizable everyone could easily workaround this problem!How hard is it to get Microsoft to fix this...
  4. after update then settings->system-> display does not work, cannot scroll the dialog box,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after update then settings->system-> display does not work, cannot scroll the dialog box,...: A couple days ago I let a Windows 10 update happen. The screen resolution went to 640x480 or so. When I open settings-system-display the screen has strange overlapping text. Any dialog box I open in settings has a scroll bar on the right but moving the scroll bar does not...
  5. after update then settings->system-> display does not work, cannot scroll the dialog box,...

after update then settings->system-> display does not work, cannot scroll the dialog box,...: A couple days ago I let a Windows 10 update happen. The screen resolution went to 640x480 or so. When I open settings-system-display the screen has strange overlapping text. Any dialog box I open in settings has a scroll bar on the right but moving the scroll bar does not...
  6. after update then settings->system-> display does not work, cannot scroll the dialog box,...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Xbox account log in box as well as other dialog boxes not displaying properly on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox account log in box as well as other dialog boxes not displaying properly on Windows 10.: I'm trying to log into my xbox live account currently and when attempting to log in I get this bug:It's been happening for a good bit mainly with Adobe installers but now it's spread to other dialogue boxes including the "update to Windows 11" screen.Before you ask, yes, I'm...
  8. Xbox account log in box as well as other dialog boxes not displaying properly on Windows 10.

Xbox account log in box as well as other dialog boxes not displaying properly on Windows 10.: I'm trying to log into my xbox live account currently and when attempting to log in I get this bug:It's been happening for a good bit mainly with Adobe installers but now it's spread to other dialogue boxes including the "update to Windows 11" screen.Before you ask, yes, I'm...
  9. Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of programs is still showing the original language after change the system language in...: I changed the language of Windows 10 from French to English but after a reboot, there are still a few programs, such as VLC, vim, and other programs that have multilingual support, are showing French. How can I get their language preference to keep updated to the system...
  10. Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Change folders displayed in common dialog boxes: Win10Pro64 v2004. Greetings... I've just finished the build of a new PC, and I'm bothered by the large number of useless folders that are displayed in the left pane of open and save dialog boxes. I'm attaching a screenshot of what I see. I'm hoping for advice about how to...