Windows 10: Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

Discus and support Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Roscoe Patrone, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice

:)

Roscoe Patrone, Feb 21, 2024

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2024
  3. MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

Built in Microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after an upgrade of Windows the microphone is not working, we will look in to this for you. However, in order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• What type of upgrade are you referring to, is it a system upgrade or an update?
    • What is the complete model number of the tablet?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

In the meantime, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article

Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

1. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working - Similar Threads - Did recommended troubleshooting

2. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  3. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  4. i've tried all the troubleshoots on this forum and it still has not work, is there anything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i've tried all the troubleshoots on this forum and it still has not work, is there anything...: whenever i open the version without anti-cheat it works flawlessly, but when ever i open the one with it, it always gives me an error.i have a possible speculation when i first installed MCC i only gave it public network permissions, could this have caused the issue?the error...
  5. i've tried all the troubleshoots on this forum and it still has not work, is there anything...

i've tried all the troubleshoots on this forum and it still has not work, is there anything...: whenever i open the version without anti-cheat it works flawlessly, but when ever i open the one with it, it always gives me an error.i have a possible speculation when i first installed MCC i only gave it public network permissions, could this have caused the issue?the error...
  6. Microphone troubleshooting

Microphone troubleshooting: MY MICROPHONE IS NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-troubleshooting/97dea6a1-155a-4d07-9900-84aaefccbd19
  7. Headset microphone still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone still not working: I have tried everything. My microphone doesnt detect any sound, the volume is on max. my pc detects the device and i have gave it permission to my apps but even troubleshoot cant identify the problem. My headset worked on my previous pc, so it is not broken. and i have a...
  8. Headset microphone still not working

Headset microphone still not working: I have tried everything. My microphone doesnt detect any sound, the volume is on max. my pc detects the device and i have gave it permission to my apps but even troubleshoot cant identify the problem. My headset worked on my previous pc, so it is not broken. and i have a...
  9. Recommended Troubleshooter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recommended Troubleshooter: The automatic troubleshooter has stopped working in my HP Windows 10 desktop. I have it set on "Run Troubleshooter Automatically" but below that it says " Last checked: never" and there is no troubleshooting history? Any suggestions other than reinstalling Windows?!...
  10. Microphone Recommendation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Recommendation: I want to try Cortana. What microphone would you recommend? I'm not going to do anything more than talk to Cortana. Something USB? Easy to place, say on top of my monitor? Thanks in advance! 22037