Windows 10: Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone.

Discus and support Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just completed a clean install from the excellent tutorial here. I successfully did all the steps, including having all disk space "unallocated" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by way2ob2se, Aug 5, 2016.

1. way2ob2se Win User

Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone.

I just completed a clean install from the excellent tutorial here. I successfully did all the steps, including having all disk space "unallocated" and I fully expected that everything was wiped out. I did the install from a MCT on a USB. All went fine. Now, I'm splashing around and find that my Favorites have all been populated, though I didn't copy them over from my backup yet. I downloaded MS Office with no glitches, but when I opened Word, it has a bunch of old docs under Other Web Locations. I've never used the cloud for saving anything and it's tab is empty.

I don't understand how there's old stuff showing. I'm not connected to my external HDs, so I don't know where it's getting this stuff. Any ideas?

:)

way2ob2se, Aug 5, 2016

2. Lost my all important data after update new version win10

Hello, I upgraded to Win10 last week and was able to find all my old docs and pics etc. I was able to see and access them all on the Windows 10 desktop. This morning I fired up the computer and it did an automatic update. There was a message on the screen,
    something like "don't worry all your documents are exactly where you left them". Then another message about "tweaks". When Windows finally started it had screwed up my desktop. The only files still on my desktop were apps. All the files containing docs and
    pics are gone. I've searched the windows.old etc and all the C drive but i can't find my file. help me

princeraj 92, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Windows Update continuosly frozen on Windows 10

Totally unuseful your reply sir.

It doesn't matter why I did a clean install of Win10 1703. That's not the problem.

R99 Photography, Aug 5, 2016
  4. owenspal Win User

That "stuff" is saved in your Microsoft account. Things like favorites ,desktop backgrounds ,etc.

owenspal, Aug 5, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep, what owenspal posted - syncing with your MS Account:

Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone. [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Aug 5, 2016
  6. way2ob2se Win User
    ahhh...that makes sense. I just didn't think of it. *Redface

way2ob2se, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Did "clean" install, but seeing old docs I thought were gone. - Similar Threads - Did clean install

2. Windows 11 installation: old installed apps and docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 installation: old installed apps and docs: Does installation of windows 11 delete the installed applications on pc? And my docs will be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-old-installed-apps-and/1813d320-03a6-4c1f-b2b6-62681a494de8
  3. Windows 11 installation: old installed apps and docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 installation: old installed apps and docs: Does installation of windows 11 delete the installed applications on pc? And my docs will be deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-installation-old-installed-apps-and/1813d320-03a6-4c1f-b2b6-62681a494de8
  4. Clean install has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install has gone wrong: My laptop had these specs Processor Intel i5-5200 CPU @2.20 GHz, Ram 8.0 GB Local Disk 464 GB 78 GG free Windows 10 - not sure of the exact version It was slow so I paid someone to replace the disk with a 1TB SSD one. No good. So I did a clean install and it didn't work. Now...
  5. Clean install has gone wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install has gone wrong: My laptop had these specs Processor Intel i5-5200 CPU @2.20 GHz, Ram 8.0 GB Local Disk 464 GB 78 GG free Windows 10 - not sure of the exact version It was slow so I paid someone to replace the disk with a 1TB SSD one. No good. So I did a clean install and it didn't work. Now...
  6. I thought computers were supposed to be good at math.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I thought computers were supposed to be good at math.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/QazCetelic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fswnbk/i_thought_computers_were_supposed_to_be_good_at/
  7. Clean install with old Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install with old Key: So I'm helping my buddy build a computer since his bricked and wont boot. I have a windows 10 flash drive to help him install the OS. The only key he has though, is the windows 8 key on the sticker on his tower from when he bought his computer back in 2014 then upgraded to...
  8. hey did a clean install and i have errors..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hey did a clean install and i have errors..: Hello. After I did a clean install of windows 10 a lot of errors started popping up.Most of them are kernel-power errors like this :The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  9. hey did a clean install and i have errors..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hey did a clean install and i have errors..: hello.Thanks to the people that work here I finally clean installed windows 10!*Smile but I ve got some errors.like this The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S5). This can result in reduced...
  10. Did I really clean install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did I really clean install?: Hi, I just noticed I may have not perform a real clean installation: I created a bootable USB stick using Rufus, which wasn't detected by my BIOS, so inside Windows I simply plugged the USB stick, double-clicked on the drive under "This PC" and clicked on setup.exe that...