Windows 10: did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely?

Discus and support did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; not that I am complaining because I like it showing up in Start better but when trying to move cursor to right side, nothing happens. robin 4164 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Robinb9 Win User

did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely?

not that I am complaining because I like it showing up in Start better but when trying to move cursor to right side, nothing happens.
    robin

:)

Robinb9, Feb 12, 2015
  2. KoRnTuNeS Win User

Metro Right-Click Applications Not Working (Windows 10)

Hi, i blocked read by mistake with a password protection software (idoo File Encryption) C:\Users\(MyUserFolderName)\AppData\Roaming\ folder and i did not realized until restart my pc. I then realized remove this block, but my
    metro is gone. Somehow i brought back metro, but metro right-click applications not working. How can solve this problem? I working on Windows 10 Home x64.

KoRnTuNeS, Feb 12, 2015
  3. kevNJ Win User
    Why did Microsoft remove the Windows Logo

In build 10565, there was a new feature added. It was the appearance of the Windows Logo in the user's accent color. It was the same logo image as seen from "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System (or simply the System Properties). Now that I've
    updated to build 10576, the logo is gone. Nothing found in any change log about it being removed or why. Has any one else noticed?

kevNJ, Feb 12, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hey Robin,

So far it looks like the Charms bar is gone for good.

If you like, you could use this below to make it easy to toggle between using the two different Start menus and the modern UI Start screen. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...text-menu.html

Brink, Feb 12, 2015
  5. Robinb9 Win User
    actually I like it this way better, I could not stand the charms or the charms side
    but if I did not want this- is there a third party program out yet to make it look like windows 7 or because of the fact there is on more metro side will there be none available because then how would you see the apps?

Robinb9, Feb 13, 2015
  6. strollin Win User
    You seem to be confusing the Start Screen with the Charms bar. The Charms bar pops out from the right-hand side of the screen in Win 8.x when you move the mouse cursor to the top right-hand corner of the screen. It allowed you to access Settings, Search, Devices, etc... The Charms bar is gone in Win 10, instead you access many of the same functions by clicking on the notification icon in the far right of the Taskbar.

In Win 8.x, the Start screen is displayed when you click on the Start button. In Win 10, clicking on the Start button brings up the new Start menu. You can access all installed apps (including Metro or Modern apps) by clicking on the All apps link at the bottom left side of the new Start menu.

You can configure Win 10 to use either the Start screen of the Start menu which is covered in the link that Brink gave you above.

strollin, Feb 13, 2015
  7. Robinb9 Win User
    No i am not confusing it, i meant the charms bar and the metro screen that showed all the apps with the desktop as an app

Robinb9, Feb 13, 2015
  8. did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely?

that's still there, you just have to click the expand button. Or set your computer to tablet mode.

FuturDreamz, Feb 13, 2015
  9. On Win-10, I just installed the old familiar "Classic Shell" and operate my PC as if it had Windows 7 on it.

No harm, no foul! *Smile

TechnoMage, Feb 13, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The metro screen that you are referring to is the Start screen. The Start screen can be displayed in the Start and Apps view like below.

If you like, the context menu tutorial I posted earlier will make it easy to toggle to use the Start screen or Start menu as you like.

did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely? [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 13, 2015
  11. davehc Win User
    It is a personal view, I guess, but I have never regarded the second picture as the start menu. It is gui representation of the tangle you would see if you opened all the folders in the text menu.

By restoring the expandable start menu, I have, however, been able to also restore the (what I call) the modern start menu, which I had customised and used as my basic start window.
    The subject has been discussed at length, I am aware, and it is almost a 50/50 split of preference.
    One problem I see with the new start menu is for those who have a clutter of opened programs on there desktop. Surely it can be difficult to then try and open yet another from that spread of icons?
    I realise that, on clicking the start icon, any selection will popup over other windows, but still...imo only

davehc, Feb 13, 2015
  12. LEE
    Lee Win User
    The question was not if you have install the app classic shell. . .*really

13. BunnyJ New Member

The question was not if you have install the app classic shell. . .*really Just one more way to get a dig into what MS has done with the new start menu.

Silly.. IMO.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Feb 13, 2015
  14. edee Win User
    The Metro screen has now been integrated into the new start menu

15. Tony K Win User
    I think it's more like a mini Modern (Metro) Start screen has now been included in the new Modern Start menu. It somewhat resembles the old Win32 UI Start menu is about it. It's the Modern UI all the way.

Tony K, Feb 13, 2015
Thema:

1. did Microsoft remove the metro screen completely? - Similar Threads - did Microsoft remove

2. Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?: Hi, I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem re whether or not I have a working backup. Backup & Restore says last backup did not complete successfully with last backup date 26/10 and error code 0x8007045D - see screenshots below. However, when I 'Select another...
  3. Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup did not complete successfully - or did it?: Hi, I couldn't find an answer to my specific problem re whether or not I have a working backup. Backup & Restore says last backup did not complete successfully with last backup date 26/10 and error code 0x8007045D - see screenshots below. However, when I 'Select another...
  4. Microsoft's download did not complete

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft's download did not complete: Microsoft's download did not complete,as only 30% made till I received a blank screen. Windows 10 1909 would not complete the whole package, so I had to go to a restore to get back on line .Any advise as to why the download did not finish? Also, I went to Microsoft but it...
  5. How to uninstall metro exodus completely?

How to uninstall metro exodus completely?: Im trying to uninstall metro exodus as I have already beat it, but when I uninstall it only uninstalls a very small portion, leaving a majority of the 50gb there. How do I completely uninstall it?...
  6. One Click to Metro Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Click to Metro Screen: Question: Can the Windows Key be configured to open the Metro Screen? I see in startup how to change pc to startup to metro instead of desktop mode. That's not what I want. I want to know if there is a one-click option to jump right to the FULL screen of Metro Apps. My...
  7. Sign-In Screen - Need To Completely Remove It !

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign-In Screen - Need To Completely Remove It !: Seriously, I really need to get rid of (completely remove) the windows sign in page. I have done all I can, it will work, then later after a day or two, it comes back. Sometimes, the page will show, then, goes away. To me, this page is such a pain for me. I have three...
  8. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  9. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  10. Adding and remove metro apps from start

Adding and remove metro apps from start: I have no options,like before "pin to start" [img] [img] 45719