Windows 10: Did Windows 10 Anniversary Edition affect taskbar in full screen mode?

Discus and support Did Windows 10 Anniversary Edition affect taskbar in full screen mode? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally when any game is played in full screen mode, the taskbar is hidden; this has been Windows behaviour for forever. Yesterday I update my Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oceanclub, Aug 6, 2016.

1. oceanclub Win User

Did Windows 10 Anniversary Edition affect taskbar in full screen mode?

Normally when any game is played in full screen mode, the taskbar is hidden; this has been Windows behaviour for forever. Yesterday I update my Surface Pro 3 with the anniversary edition. Today I played 2 seperate games, and now both will show the taskbar over their screen which, if clicked on, hides the game; in affect, the game now acts as a window which is not the same size as the desktop. Has anyone else noticed this change?

P.

:)

oceanclub, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Linneh Win User

Taskbar showing through fullscreen mode

Hello, ever since I did the anniversary update on my windows 10, the taskbar is showing on top of another app's full-screen mode. Like when I try to watch something in VLC or netflix on fullscreen.

I don't want to hide my taskbar all the time and I can't find an option in the settings that'll fix the issue.

Linneh, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Photo App not working correctly after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Old title: Photo App in Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Just updated Windows 10 to Version 1607 (Anniversary Update). In the previous Windows 10 version, when I double-clicked a JPG file in Windows Explorer, the file would open in full screen in the Photos app. After the update, the Photos App now automatically
    minimizes to an icon in the Taskbar instead! Clicking on the Photos icon in the taskbar brings up the JPG file in full screen, but it remains hidden behind the Windows Explorer screen, which I then have to minimize to see the JPG.

Known problem? How do I correct this? Thanks.

Anonymous4155, Aug 6, 2016
  4. 3mortis Win User

I have the same problem, all games in full screen now have taskbar, VERY annoying in games where i can accidentaly click on taskbar, window lose focus and i lose cos of chaos when i click buttons and game not read them, but windows do and i lost in windows and options i dont even know, specialy in mmo etc

or in games like LOL, when i use borderless window i have taskbar, and when i click full screen i dont have taskbar but i get like 20fps, weird sound problems and freeze and bsod after few mins....

there is no way to play games like that, WTF windows

and ofc, i get bsod when im using utorrent etc to download anything cos windows know better than me what drivers should install and dell cant fix drivers from w10 release 1y ago....

3mortis, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Did Windows 10 Anniversary Edition affect taskbar in full screen mode? - Similar Threads - Did Anniversary Edition

2. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the taskbar in Windows 11 not hiding when I'm in full-screen mode. Whether I'm watching videos or playing games, the taskbar remains visible at the bottom of the screen, blocking part of the content. I've checked the taskbar settings, but...
  3. Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Taskbar Not Hiding in Full-Screen Mode: Hello, I'm experiencing an issue with the taskbar in Windows 11 not hiding when I'm in full-screen mode. Whether I'm watching videos or playing games, the taskbar remains visible at the bottom of the screen, blocking part of the content. I've checked the taskbar settings, but...
  4. Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?

Windows 11 TaskBar not hiding in full screen mode BUG ?: Hello,When I enter in full screen mode in an application edge, chrome or other apps like Word, Excel, ... the taskbar doesn't disappear, except for games. Is this a bug or this "feature" is still not available yet on windows 11 ? whereas has been available for years now on...
  5. How to show Taskbar in Full-Screen mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to show Taskbar in Full-Screen mode on Windows 10: When running applications in full-screen, Windows hides all visible elements, including the Taskbar. In this situation, if you need to access anything that is on the taskbar, then it’s possible only if you exit the full screen. This isn’t very pleasant. In this post, we will...
  6. Taskbar does not hide when on full-screen mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Taskbar does not hide when on full-screen mode in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you are watching a video or playing a game on full-screen mode but notice that the Taskbar does not hide, then some of […] This article Taskbar does not hide when on full-screen mode in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Show Taskbar in Full Screen mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Show Taskbar in Full Screen mode in Windows 10: How to: Show Taskbar in Full Screen mode in Windows 10 How to Show Taskbar in Full Screen mode in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  8. Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabling lock screen in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: I tried the Windows 10 Anniversary to disable the lock screen using the Task Scheduler that is posted on your website.....it didnt work for me. I want to be able to go straight to the log in screen at start up of my computer....can someone help please. Thanks Jeannie...
  9. Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Apps for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Good morning every one. I realize we're all suffering from boredom while waiting for the Anniversary Edition of Windows 10, but I'm trying to make plans for a clean install and the apps I will want to add. I figure I'm not alone in this quest, so I thought we could all weigh...
  10. Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen after "Updating" to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition: Updating from Windows 10 Pro 64-bit fully updated. version 1511 build 10586.494 256 GB SSD with OS & essential apps [Office, Norton, etc.] 2TB SATA HD - all other Programs & Games, plus data [pictures, videos, documents, music] 1TB SATA HD - File History backup 16...