Windows 10: Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?

Discus and support Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to tie up some loose ends after having to execute a Clean Install of my Windows 10 Home last night because of corrupted files I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by 2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?

Hi,

I am trying to tie up some loose ends after having to execute a Clean Install of my Windows 10 Home last night because of corrupted files I couldn't fix any other way.

To make a long story short prior to the Clean Install I had a paid version of Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus on my PC and was using Outlook as my main email address for the last few years. While trying to determine what was causing my corrupted files (I couldn't download or install any Windows Cumulative Updates since Aug. 31) some folks thought that maybe my copy of Office 2013 could be part of my problem.

While 'nosing' around Google this morning I found what I would call a free 'light' version of 'Outlook.com' and downloaded and installed it. After logging into my Outlook account I am able to send and receive emails using my Outlook email address. However, I can find none of my contacts anywhere on the email page.

That really doesn't bother me that much because I have backups of many of the addresses. What I really want to do is find a way, if possible, to save this version of Outlook to my taskbar as I did my paid version. With my previous version when I received a letter a small envelope would appear on the Outlook icon on my Taskbar alerting me to incoming mail. Is that possible with this free 'light' version?

Right now I am trying to decide between Libre Office and Open Office to supply my Word and Power Point needs. But if at all possible I would like to keep the same email address like I had before I made the clean install last night. I hope I am explaining this so it is clear to the readers.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

:)

2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016

2. What's the difference between paid and free HEVC Media Extensions app?

When I try to open HEVC video file, Movies app linked me to Store to install codec, which is $0.99 paid app (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extensions/9nmzlz57r3t7) but there is a free one which is named 'HEVC Video Extensions from
    Device Manufacturer' (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/hevc-video-extension/9n4wgh0z6vhq). Is there any difference between those two apps?

SangHyeon Yeo, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Is there a way for me to color tiles individually on WP7.5?

What's the different between the free and paid versions? I downloaded the free version. Thanks.

Residentx10, Oct 20, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version?

Neemobeer, Oct 20, 2016
  5. Hi Neemobeer ,

Is the paid version ($19.95 a year) like the Outlook 2016 mail or Office 2013 mail which I had been using before my Clean Install last night?

Thanks and regards,

6. Berton Win User
    There is a difference between Outlook.com and Outlook with Outlook being the installed E-Mail Client that is part of Microsoft Office. Outlook.com is the 'new' Hotmail.com, online E-Mail service that only needs a Browser for access.

I like LibreOffice [a bit more complete than OpenOffice] but it does not include a comparable program for Outlook or for Access. It does have Impress Presentation as an alternative to PowerPoint and LibreOffice can work with most Office formats in addition to many other. I keep it around as it is the only thing that can open Microsoft Works files, a number of my clients are older ladies that created recipes in Works [.wps format] which was dropped with Version 9.x some years ago. OpenOffice used to in Version 3 but seems to have been dropped with Version 4 and later.

Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  7. Hi Berton,

I appreciate your information on Libre Office and Open Office.

As for Outlook.com which I am currently using so I can keep my 'outlook' email address do you think it is possible to put it on my taskbar and keep it there for ready use instead of having it on my Favorites bar and having to open it every time I want to use it?

Thanks and regards,

8. Neemobeer Win User

As Berton stated an email address and an email client are completely separate. You can use the free Thunderbird email client and add your outlook.com email account in there and pin ThunderBird to your task bar Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier.

Neemobeer, Oct 20, 2016
  9. Berton Win User
    Sure. I go to the desired Web page, click the tiny icon [called a favico.ico] and carefully drag it to the Taskbar and drop it. Or drag it to the Desktop then drag to the Taskbar or right-click and Pin to Start.

Berton, Oct 20, 2016
  10. Berton,

Pardon my ignorance but no where on my Outlook.com email page is there an icon that I can drag to my desktop or Taskbar??

Thanks and regards,

11. Berton Win User
    Sorry, a line got deleted. I meant the small icon at the left end of the URL/Address box.

Berton, Oct 21, 2016
  12. the item to the far left of the URL is that of a 'Lock'

2harts4ever, Oct 21, 2016
  13. Berton Win User

If it is inside the white dialog box containing the URL, that's the one I use. Might also be able to drag it off the Bookmarks/Favorites list.

Berton, Oct 21, 2016
  14. Maybe you should consider WPS Office instead, it offers 99% compatibility with MO.

TairikuOkami, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Difference between paid Outlook.com and free 'light' version? - Similar Threads - Difference between paid

2. Differences between Windows 11 versions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Differences between Windows 11 versions?: I have a laptop with Windows 11 Enterprise loaded on it and I can see the new settings UI that has changed from what is looked like in Windows 10. They have moved a few settings around so it took a minute to find the same stuff I knew how to find in Windows 10. I recently got...
  3. Differences between Windows 11 versions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Differences between Windows 11 versions?: I have a laptop with Windows 11 Enterprise loaded on it and I can see the new settings UI that has changed from what is looked like in Windows 10. They have moved a few settings around so it took a minute to find the same stuff I knew how to find in Windows 10. I recently got...
  4. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  5. Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook - What's the Difference Between Exchange and Server?: hi, as per the title. work machine uses Outlook 2016, mails from a couple years back get archived off into a vault or whatever. usually if i go to the bottom of the list there's a message saying "there are more files on the server, click here" but today it says "more files on...
  6. difference between version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    difference between version of windows 10: may I ask u a favor. Please, let me know. does someone know the difference between windows 10 English us and English uk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-version-of-windows-10/8433eca5-e43f-46bd-b029-9f8fa5325eec
  7. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  8. CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version

CCleaner: Free vs. Paid version: Does the paid version of CCleaner suffer from the privacy issues, pop up ads, bundled software in the installer, like the CCleaner browser? Or are these issues related to just the free version? In other words, does anyone use the paid version and can confirm whether or not it...
  9. Differences between Outlook 2010 and 2013

in Browsers and Email
    Differences between Outlook 2010 and 2013: I have a W7 system using outlook 2010 and a W10 system using outlook 2013. I check and use the same email account in both. The W7 outlook does a very good job of not showing/deleting "junk mail", while W10 outlook does horrible. Both have the settings/options the same, I even...
  10. Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes

Paid (or free) replacement for iTunes: I have found iTunes to be a real POS on Windows. A big, and continuing frustration is that I can't do a new install of iTunes, same system or different, without getting a stupid message about how iTunes will sync the phone or tablet to this system ONLY after wiping out the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is difference between free outlook and pay outlook

2. outlook free paid difference

3. what is different between free outlook and paid for

4. difference between paid outlook