Windows 10: Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

Discus and support Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; ...we might have had this conversation in another thread. I said I was a cynic and you said you were not : ) So we did... *Smile Changed Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bree, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Bree New Member

Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

Bree, Apr 5, 2018

2. Ever since I was unceremoniously "upgraded" earlier this year to 1709 from 1703 I have been meticulously running wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) before shutdown. It seems to be working quite well. However a cursory read about Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) has left me confused. Is one better then the other. WSUS seems to be for administrators though I could be mistaken. Should I take a closer look at WSUS or is wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) a good enough solution. My concern is to be able to forestall any and all updates of my choosing.

Also what about Windows Update MiniTool?

Thanks.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ling-in-window

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...e-catalog-site

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta..._minitool.html

:)

phaedruspress, Apr 26, 2018
  3. Cybot Win User
    Windows Update Catalog driver update package corrupted

for now, I have uninstalled the HP printer driver and disconnected the device.

when I try and uses the show/hide update troubleshooter (wushowhide.diagcab) it can find both of the remaining two updates which bear the same name, but are different, but i can only hide one of them. I am not sure why this is, since they are two different
    printer drivers. It might be because the updates have the same list name. changing the name of the detected update to indicate whether its for the 'Print to PDF' or the 'XPS document writer' might solve that issue. Only way I could determine the difference
    between the updates as downloaded from the update catalog, (besides a minor difference in filenames,) was to look inside the .inf included in the downloaded .cab

Cybot, Apr 26, 2018
  4. Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

EmilioLozano, Apr 26, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    You could also use the following reg file but you'd need to delete the subkeys when upgrading in future:
    Upgrade1.reg
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Windows10Upgrade.exe]"Debugger"="mshta \"javascript:var sh=new ActiveXObject( 'WScript.Shell' ); sh.Popup( 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator', 10, 'Message!', 64 );close()\"" [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Windows10UpgraderApp.exe]"Debugger"="mshta \"javascript:var sh=new ActiveXObject( 'WScript.Shell' ); sh.Popup( 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator', 10, 'Message!', 64 );close()\""[/quote]

Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) [​IMG]

Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    These two were responsible for installing W10 Upgrade app to autmatically upgrade to newer version:

Callender, Apr 27, 2018
  8. Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

muchomurka, Apr 27, 2018
  9. Bree New Member
    Why? Your specs say you are running Pro, so you should be able to switch from the 'Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)' (aka CB) to 'Semi-Annual Channel' (aka CBB), doing so would have meant you wouldn't have got 1709 until the next version (1803) was released. In addition, you can also defer Features Updates like 1709 for up to 365 days.

Windows Update - Defer Feature and Quality Updates in Windows 10

10. said:

Ever since I was unceremoniously "upgraded" earlier this year to 1709 from 1703 I have been meticulously running wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) before shutdown...

Snip

You might recall that MS ignored many users settings earlier this year when they against user settings and wishes went ahead and installed 1709 WITHOUT permission.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...k-updates.html

phaedruspress, Apr 27, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    True, but it's not a mistake they are likely to make again. Their Enterprise customers would crucify them *Smile

Did you not try to roll back, as MS suggested?

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4023814

12. Snip

>"...but it's not a mistake they are likely to make again.

You know I think (maybe it was not you) we might have had this conversation in another thread. I said I was a cynic and you said you were not : )

>Did you not try to roll back, as MS suggested?

No, I did not. While I was aware that 1703 had been released earlier in 2017 and this was now the beginning of 2018 I was most upset that my PRO preferences were completely ignored and while no fault of MS I had purchased the computer in DEC of 2017 so I was just getting used to WIN 10 and I did not appreciate the changes. That being said I can be a realist too and with 1703 coming to an end some time this year and considering that my NEW notebook did BOOT up after the update I decided to leave well enough alone.

phaedruspress, Apr 27, 2018
Thema:

Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide)

1. Difference Between WSUS and wushowhide.diagcab (Show/Hide) - Similar Threads - Difference Between WSUS

2. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  3. Difference between different partitions ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difference between different partitions ?: Need some answers. Please help.What is the difference between Physical and Logical partition in Windows ?Is it possible to create a Physical partition in laptops where the Windows is OEM installed , like HP laptops ?Why does the warranty void if a Physical partition created...
  4. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio 10.diagcab: Audio 10.diagcab looks like it may be unsafe to download, and I don't want to harm my computer. In the download bar it shows something concerning I will upload the image, but it says this type of file can harm your device, and the other time it said this file can't be...
  5. Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't hide conflictive update with WUShowHide: Hello, the other windows update just installed a conflictive update which broke my settings page (settings were closing right after open) so i had to uninstall it, but I cannot hide it with wushowhide, it says "there's no updates to hide" the update in question is KB5003217...
  6. Diagcab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagcab: Boa tarde, tudo bem?Preciso do arquivo que estava postado no link abaixo, mas o mesmo está offline, conseguiriam de algum forma me enviar este arquivo?https://aka.ms/diag_cssemerg11005O mesmo é mencionado neste post do fórum da Microsoft....
  7. WUshowhide troubles

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WUshowhide troubles: I have had issues w/ this 'troubleshooter' for some time. As you can see, wu finds no updates. However, wushowhide finds several. What do I do with these? Thank you win10 Pro, 64 bit,ver20H2 bld 19042.867 (Mar2021) Aspire E15 intel core i5 8250u 4Gb RAM 256 GB SSD 178066
  8. Difference between

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Difference between: Is there a significant difference between the 14" Pavilion Laptop and the 14" Stream Laptop? Thanks. Sean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between/c649a7f5-03d2-4ee9-9dab-d71a780e228f
  9. Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between these 2 registry locations for hiding icons ?: Hey Guys I am attempting to tidy up our Group Policy for Widows 10. Could someone please tell me the difference between these 2 registry locations? Thanks.... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\ClassicStartM enu]...
  10. and Difference between

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    and Difference between: What is the difference between defender definition updates KB915597 and KB2267602? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/and-difference-between/090c74ba-f728-4424-ab7c-759bf9453aaf

Users found this page by searching for:

1. difference between wsus

2. wushowhide.diagcab show or hide updates windows 10 download

3. what is wushowhide.diagcab

4. what is this microsoft file wushowhide,
  5. WU show/hide tool