Windows 10: Difference with Used Size Calculations

Discus and support Difference with Used Size Calculations in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have been doing a little 'house keeping' and I noticed something a little odd. When I look at the properties of my D drive under 'This PC', it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Matt316, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Matt316 Win User

Difference with Used Size Calculations

Hi,

I have been doing a little 'house keeping' and I noticed something a little odd. When I look at the properties of my D drive under 'This PC', it shows that the used space is 1.13TB (1,157GB). However, when I open the drive, sellect all items (all folders and files) and look at the properties, I only get a figure of 863GB. Why would this be? I have all files/folders viewable ('Show hidden files, folders or drives').

Matt

:)

Matt316, Aug 6, 2018

2. Unable to close Calculator app on Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the issue persists with other Windows Apps as well.

I suggest you to press/hold the left click button on the title bar of the calculator and drag the Windows to shrink the size of the Windows and check if the close (X) option appears. If the issue still persists, then suggest you to run the Windows Store
    Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View all on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Standard Calculator not using standard order of operations

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

This issue may arise if you are using Standard calculator.

Try the below steps:

• Open the Calculator through Start menu.

• Once you open, click on menu button (Three horizontal lines at top left corner).

• Select Scientific calculator.

• Now type 1+2*3, it will give the answer as 7.
    Note: There will be different way of operations integrated into Standard and Scientific calculators.

Hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Difference with Used Size Calculations

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Difference with Used Size Calculations

1. Difference with Used Size Calculations - Similar Threads - Difference Used Size

2. DFS sizing calculator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DFS sizing calculator: Hi All,Is there a sizing calculator for DFS?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dfs-sizing-calculator/962efc9f-916d-4dcb-8d04-868a156d536e
  3. DFS sizing calculator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DFS sizing calculator: Hi All,Is there a sizing calculator for DFS?Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dfs-sizing-calculator/962efc9f-916d-4dcb-8d04-868a156d536e
  4. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  5. Thumbnail Size Difference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnail Size Difference: I was wondering why the thumbnail image is bigger than others.. I am new at making my own icons, etc and the only thing I can say is that they are all the same dimensions. They are all kb in size. I'm not sure why it bothers me, but it does. Any ideas to fix it? Some larger...
  6. Font size different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size different: Hi,The size of the view menu bar is smaller than that of icons. How can I fix this problem? I mean to make the size of view bar biggerBest regards,Jiao https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/font-size-different/2970b447-e0eb-4079-950f-97ce96867ee4
  7. Different Calculators in Windows

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Different Calculators in Windows: Hey can someone please help me?I would like to know what scientific calculators are present in windows and what scientific calculators can also be downloaded for windows...
  8. 3 Different CPU calculations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3 Different CPU calculations: The Task Manager, The Resource Monitor and the Xbox Game Bar Had all different CPUE calculations. How do i make them the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/3-different-cpu-calculations/cbc68d8e-e50d-45f2-a967-f0a376a946e9
  9. Calculator not re-sizing properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Calculator not re-sizing properly: Hi all, My calculator does not resize correctly when I drag the edges, I would like to expand the calculator box so my history of previous calculations I've just done is more easily readable. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  10. Different Display Size for Different Programs

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Different Display Size for Different Programs: OK, since I started using my SP4 with Win 10, I've noticed a number of things - particularly Java-based (but not all Java based)- appear at about half the size I'd like them to, and can't be adjusted. Now here's a new one. I have one piece of software that now appears...