Windows 10: Different behavior of applications on different PC's

Discus and support Different behavior of applications on different PC's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - I'm running Win 10, the same version on three PC's side-by side and very often I'm running into an issue of different behavior of Windows on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _JackD_, Aug 22, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Different behavior of applications on different PC's

Hi - I'm running Win 10, the same version on three PC's side-by side and very often I'm running into an issue of different behavior of Windows on different machines.

Let me give you simple example:

Different order of columns in the command window(Administrator): net user

I understand that many may be caused by customized locally stored app data but from some of them I expect a little consistency as far as my profile goes. Specially for system commands. Is there a way to enforce it?

:)

_JackD_, Aug 22, 2018
  2. tdehan Win User

Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Behavior - Used To Be Different

Howdy,

This is a little hard to describe, so here it goes!

This is the old behavior in Windows Explorer (Windows 10 64 Bit). If I moved a folder into a different directory that has A LOT of folders in it, Windows Explorer would auto scroll to that folder after it has been copied. Amazing.

However, recently Windows Explorer is now doing something different. When I move a folder into a different directory, it DOES NOT auto scroll to the moved folder. This is a big deal in picture folders or likewise as I now have to add an extra step if I
    immediately want access to the moved folder. Needless to say, this new behavior has disrupted my workflow!

I hope that there is a quick fix and that it is because of some option that I unintentionally changed.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

Dandezebra, Aug 22, 2018
  4. cdawall Win User

What is the difference (AMD CPU)

stepping on the chips is different

cdawall, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Different behavior of applications on different PC's - Similar Threads - Different behavior applications

2. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  3. FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FOR loop in CMD behaviors differently in WIn10 22H2: I found my old batch file that originally worked fine under Windows Version 10.0.19045.2364, but not works under Version 10.0.19045.2846 now. Hence I write a small batch file as below:==============================================================@ECHO OFF @SETLOCAL...
  4. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  5. Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting different language for different applications on Windows 11: I am using 4 different languages on my Windows system. Under Settings/Time & Language/Typing/Advanced Keyboard Settings, in the part called Switching input methods, I have selected the option Let me use a different input method for each app window. But where and how do I then...
  6. How to disable launching different applications for different users on on Win10 PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable launching different applications for different users on on Win10 PC: Situation One Win 10 pro 64bit PC configured to be used by three users one is the admin Admin should be able to run any application without restrictions One user school kid should not be allowed to start several applications like steam.exe, chrome.exe etc. One user gaming...
  7. Can you run different applications of different networks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you run different applications of different networks?: Basically, when streaming Im trying to run an online game, but the stress of the stream causes me to lag in game. So I was wondering if there was a way to tether my 4g from my phone to my pc JUST to play the game, while using my normal network connection to run the stream!...
  8. Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Different behavior with the same application under different Microsoft OS: Hello, Here's my setup: Pc with Windows 10 Enterprise version 2004, VMWARE Workstation Pro latest Version 15.5.5 Build 16285975, Visual studio 2019 MFC cpp. I've developed an app with Visual studio 2019 last version upppdated with MFC and C++. This app only says...
  9. Routing different application to different mac address on the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Routing different application to different mac address on the internet: I need to route one application to my router and the other to my proxy server. submitted by /u/Blocktrician [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f3vhrd/routing_different_application_to_different_mac/
  10. Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Pro file history - different behavior on different computers: On my little home network there is one computer designated for backup ("B") and two computers ("R" and "A") with frequently changing data to backup. All computers run Win 10 Pro. I am particularly interested in having Office 365 Outlook pst files backed up. From R, the pst...