Windows 10: Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

Discus and support Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, After the latest W10 creators update, I have started to get various BSOD. It can happen in a few hours or a few minutes after I turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kenji87, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Kenji87 Win User

Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

Hi everyone,

After the latest W10 creators update, I have started to get various BSOD.
    It can happen in a few hours or a few minutes after I turn on my laptop.
    I have a gaming laptop with Windows 10 PRO 64bit which never had problems before the Creator Update.

Specs:
    Intel Core i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHZ
    Ram: 16gb
    Nvidia Geforce GTX970M
    Kingston SSD hard disk

I have attached the .zip created by the DM Log collector.

I have started having BSOD when browsing the internet with Chrome; the pages stopped loading and after a minute I got BSOD with code error: "MEMORY MANAGEMENT".
    After I restart the pc, I notice (via CC cleaner) that the system memory dump folder is quite big (almost 1gb of files), and I clean it up every time.
    I've also had a BSOD while running the DM Log collector (less than 30min after turning on my pc), with error BAD_POOL_HEADER.
    I've also had BSOD while playing online games, the usual error is the "MEMORY MANAGEMENT".
    While playing, I've also started experiencing video drive crash which never happened before with the same game. I have already updated my graphic card drivers to the most recent ones (my previous ones were from February 2017).

The fix I have tried until now and didn't help:
    sfc/scannow command
    Windows Memory Diagnostic Tools .

Please let me know if you need any other details. I was forced to install the Creator Update so unfortunately I had no choice.

Thank you very much

:)

Kenji87, Apr 23, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Upgrade CAUSED Updates failureS - WinDefSecCenter also found DIS-abled in Registry

Ho ho ho (pardon my laughter). As an "Experienced" Pro, well used-to the 'teething-problems' that Users are forced to experience by MS Upgrades/Updates... your suggestion was already tried => FAILure to resolve. >>>> These ISSUES were double-checked, by
    Testing on a completely different computer (also running the previous version of W10 -
    before Creators Upgrade). A non-destructive install of W10 Creators was done using genuine USA Microsoft ESD-ISO... with the PC connected to www "wirelessly". >>>>> After intitial Updates were fully applied to
    the fresh W10 Creators, the wireless device was Disabled purposely, and the computer was MOVED to a different location... and connected to www via direct ethernet (just like to Client's PC that experienced this severe set of Issues, days ago) ==> SAME exact
    Results! Windows Defender Security Center was found DISABLED in 4 Policy settings in Registry... and Windows 10 Updates FAILed to work, until the machine/W10 Creators was Restarted 8 times! ALL "Check for updates" attempts received the SAME immediate Error
    Code (as the Client's machine), after each of 7 Restarts (done purposely). W10 Creators updates began working ONLY after the 8th Restart. I.e. - completely WASTING our valuable time! [W10 self-healing apparently worked, "eventually"...] Will be "waiting"
    for Microsoft's slow/eventual REwrite of their Code... and advising ALL my Client's to AVOID "W10 Creators". *Lucky for them, i often install GNU/Linux to dual-boot*

justdave-MCP, Apr 23, 2017
  3. What is the difference between CREATOR and ANNIVERSARY?

Hello:

On the MS website for downloading w10 iso file, there are two edition:

w10 Creators Update

w10 Anniversary Update

Each one include 3-option:

W10

W10 N

W10 Single Language

To download these FILES, what are the difference between "Creators" and "Anniversary"

and w10 and w10 N.

--Zhao

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HonglinZhao, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

There are no dmp files in the zip folder. Please configure Windows to create minidump:

Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update [​IMG]
    BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10
    How to configure Windows 10 to configure Dump Files to be written in the event of a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSODHunter, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Kenji87 Win User
    sorry about that, I have just uploaded a ZIP with the dump file in the first post

Kenji87, Apr 24, 2017
  6. Rule 4
    No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc) - it is forum policy that no help shall be given to people who knowingly steal software or services.

One of the main reasons for this is that the act of pirating the software will inevitably change the working of the software and make investigation and repair impossible. Please install a legitimate copy of the software and if you are still experiencing the issue we will be please to assist - No further assistance will be provided until we are satisfied that the software is genuine

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update

1. Different BSOD errors after W10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Different BSOD errors

2. Constant BSOD with different errors after Bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD with different errors after Bios update: I am planning to upgrade my cpu so I updated my bios so it can work. But before I can change my cpu my pc suddenly have so many BSOD with different errors, PFN LIST CORRUPT, REFERENCE BY POINTER are few that I remember. Also a new drive letter suddenly popped out of nowhere....
  3. Constant BSOD with different errors after Bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD with different errors after Bios update: I am planning to upgrade my cpu so I updated my bios so it can work. But before I can change my cpu my pc suddenly have so many BSOD with different errors, PFN LIST CORRUPT, REFERENCE BY POINTER are few that I remember. Also a new drive letter suddenly popped out of nowhere....
  4. Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

Strange BSOD after the Creators Update: Hello friends! Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and related to the file ntoskrnl.exe. This error always followed the same pattern: it...
  5. W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Home Creator's Update Diary...: Just thought I'd share my experience with the v.1703 update that I just finished. For prep. work, I did two System Image Saves (bld. 14393.953 & bld 14393.1066) and a new System Recovery Disk. I also ran CCleaner until it could not find anything to get rid of. You can open My...
  6. BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8

BSOD after Fall Creators update, 0x000000c8: Hello. I'm having BSODs and other problems like start menu not working after upgrading to v1709. The strange thing is that BSODs occur only when pc turns on, meaning no BSOD when I restart. I even tried a clean install from different 1709 .ISO and still getting BSODs....
  7. BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f

BSOD on boot after Creator update, error 0xc000000f: I have a dell xps 14 z laptop. It originally came with windows 7. I took advantage of the free windows 10 upgrade when it came out a while ago. Laptop was running well until I did a large windows 10 update (I believe it was the creator update) a few days ago. Immediately...
  8. BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations

BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations: I've never seen this bsod before wondering if anyone has any insight? Thanks!CHRIS-PC-Sat_10_28_2017__02243_72.zip 96630
  9. Creators Update fails everytime with different error code

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creators Update fails everytime with different error code: Before updating (from ISO file) I did the usual homework used DISM, DiskClean, sfc/scannow, deleted Windows_BT and Windows_WS folders. My laptop is Acer Model : M3-581TG-53314G52Makk,Intel Core i5 (3rd Generation), 1.7 GHz, Dual Core, 1 GB NVIDIA Graphics Card (GE Force GT...
  10. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...