Windows 10: Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop

Discus and support Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did the add/remove control panel for all the Logitech software and reinstalled (and restarted). For the Realtek entry that I used under Sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JKBNSINH, Aug 19, 2017.

1. JKBNSINH Win User

Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop

I did the add/remove control panel for all the Logitech software and reinstalled (and restarted).

For the Realtek entry that I used under Sound Controllers, there is a massive list under driver details, but MBfilt64.sys is definitely in it.
    Attachment 149935

JKBNSINH, Aug 21, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Left click on the MBfilt64.sys driver and see if it displays a file version.
    It is displaying: 6.10.00.0008
    The provider that is displayed is Creative Technology.
    Maybe the audio part was sold to Realtek?
    Did you at one time have a Creative hardware product?
    See if you can just download this driver from the Creative site.
    If not then download and install the latest version from Realtek and record the file version.
    Windows driver verifier will be used to see if it misbehaves.
    If it causes another bsod then roll back one driver.
    If the next one causes a roll back then roll back again.
    It will be trial and error to find a stable driver.

Current Realtek audio driver: Version: 6.0.1.7727
    Code: Name Realtek High Definition AudioManufacturer Realtek Status OK PNP Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1458A0B2&REV_1000\4&1C3E785F&0&0001 Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.7727, 4.56 MB (4,779,776 bytes), 8/20/2017 12:14 AM)[/quote]

zbook, Aug 21, 2017
  3. JKBNSINH Win User
    I checked Creative's download and support site, but it only seems to cover drivers and downloads for Soundblaster or official Creative products. I've never had a physical Creative product in this PC, and am just using onboard sound currently, but that got me thinking, and I did notice two things:

1) The last uninstall of the Realtek driver might have somehow caught things that the previous ones did not. There used to be a "Realtek HD Audio Manager" running in the tray, which was similar in function to the windows one, where you can assign and test speakers, change levels, etc. But all of the downloads on the Realtek site are listed as driver-only. I thought they just shoved it in there anyway, but I wonder if it wasn't there from the motherboard driver disk, and only now somehow caught in the more recent uninstall.

2) While I don't have a Creative soundcard or physical product, the motherboard did come with "Soundblaster X-Fi MB3" software, so that was installed with the motherboard drivers. I don't know if that has anything to do with the current issue, since that problem driver is still listed under Realtek... but it's the only Creative thing that's ever touched this PC, and I didn't even remember it. I'm not sure if it really even does anything. Unless it's just lurking there causing BSODs.

That's it for me for now, though. I have to get some sleep.
    Thank you again for your continued help and patience.

JKBNSINH, Aug 21, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

In msinfo32 there is information for audio on Realtek but no information on MBfilt64.sys. The information from the event and driver logs were posted.

Once an audio driver is found that does not bsod please check the performance.

Open control panel > large or small icons > troubleshooting > in the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    1) hardware and devices
    2) playing audio
    3) recording audio
    4) video playback

For any failed or unable to fix post an image into the thread.

Restart windows driver verifier when you have time to troubleshoot bsod. Once there are no longer any bsod run windows driver verifier for 36 hours of typical computer use.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Different BSODs or freezing while gaming or at desktop - Similar Threads - Different BSODs freezing

2. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  3. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  4. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  5. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  6. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSODs with different error codes while gaming

BSODs with different error codes while gaming: Hi Everyone. Lately, I've been suffering quite a few Stop errors BSODs while playing games on the Unity Engine. I have had the following stop codes: WHEA uncorrectable error Machine check exception I have ruled out the following causes: Failing hard drives Moved games...
  8. Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming: Hi everyone, As I mentioned in the title, I have been experiencing the BSOD multiple times with a different error each time. This seems to occur only when I am playing a PC game. The issue first occurred after playing Fallout 4 for about a week. Since then, the crashes...
  9. Different types of BSOD while playing games

Different types of BSOD while playing games: Hello everyone, This website was recommended by a forum member of Tomshardware since they weren't able to help me much there and I was told my best bet is to ask help here. Anyway back to the topic - I desperately need your help. I have been getting several amounts of...
  10. Different BSODs while playing games.

Different BSODs while playing games.: Ive been experiencing different kinds of bsod while playing games. On some games i BSOD 100% of the time while on some i dont BSOD at all. Ive got bsods like irql not less than or equal and unexpected kernel mode trap. On the event viewer it says Kernel power, Event 41....