Windows 10: Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

Discus and support Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5). I would like to be able to make the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by carnaige, Nov 20, 2015.

1. carnaige Win User

Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts..

Hi

I have a touchscreen laptop and 3 user accounts, one of which is for my children (aged 3 and 5).

I would like to be able to make the default mode for my children's account 'tablet mode' (to make it as simple as possible for them to use and access key apps) while keeping the mode as 'normal desktop mode' for my wife and my accounts.

When I change my kids account to 'tablet mode' (using the switch in the 'Action centre') , when i log back into my account, that also then defaults to tablet mode, which is not what I want. Is there any way of setting different modes depending on the user?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Matt

:)

carnaige, Nov 20, 2015

2. E71 Different Access Points for different modes?

I've the same question !

m_abdelfattah, Nov 20, 2015
  3. darlomrh Win User
    E71 Different Access Points for different modes?

Hi

I have just got the E71 and think it's a really good phone. I have a question about the two different modes that the E71 can switch from and to.

I would like to be able to have a "Home Mode" and an "Away Mode".

The Home Mode would use a default WLAN connection for web and push email.

The Away Mode would use a mobile web connection from my mobile provider for web browsing and push email etc.

Is this possible at all?

I have tried changing the incoming mail connection setting on one of the modes but when I switch to the other mode the incoming mail settings are what was set in the previous mode.

Hope that made sense?

Thanks in advance

darlomrh, Nov 20, 2015
  4. carnaige Win User

Bump, just realised I made some mistakes in my original message! Query still applies though... Any ideas?

carnaige, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Hi, I don't have multiple accounts to try it with, but have you looked at the following option, the option for 'when I sign in'

Change this to Tablet for your children's account and put it to Desktop for you account, not sure if its account specific or one setting per machine

Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts.. [​IMG]

paulsalter, Nov 21, 2015
  6. carnaige Win User
    Thanks, yes this seems to do the trick. Cheers. Matt

carnaige, Nov 22, 2015
  7. Good to hear that worked *Smile

Thanks for the rep

paulsalter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Different default modes (Tablet/Desktop) for different user accounts.. - Similar Threads - Different default modes

2. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  3. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different user accounts with OneDrive: I am using Windows 10 with Onedrive and I am totally confused about my user / computer accounts.I have an Access database that references files on my primary machine at: C:\Users\David\OneDrive\Documents\My Files..On a secondary machine on a different network the files are...
  4. Different user accounts with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different user accounts for different purposes - save on resources or no?: Is it valuable, from an installation/removal/resources perspective, to create different user accounts for different purposes? Same physical user. Perhaps there is The Audio/Video profile, the 2D/3D Design profile, the Image and Publishing profile, and the Gaming profile....
  6. Different mode on separate display (One desktop mode, another tablet mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different mode on separate display (One desktop mode, another tablet mode): Is it possible to have one display with desktop mode and the second display with tablet mode? I just upgraded my laptop to Asus Zenbook Duo, which have 2 displays in one device. However, the primary bigger display doesn't have touch screen, whereas the secondary display is...
  7. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  8. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  9. Moving desktop from different user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving desktop from different user account: I have 2 user accounts with the DESKTOP folder listed. Either one opens the desktop files and sub-folders. I'd like to move the default location of DESKTOP from one user account to another without creating any redundancies, deletions or problems. Can this be done? *Cool*Cool...
  10. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...