Windows 10: Different power plan for different users

Discus and support Different power plan for different users in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title suggests, is it possible? My brother favors to choose Shut down when I close the Lid, whereas I prefer Sleep mode.If I change, it changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sumit Dhiman, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Different power plan for different users

As the title suggests, is it possible?
    My brother favors to choose Shut down when I close the Lid, whereas I prefer Sleep mode.If I change, it changes for my brother's account also.I do not want this.I suspect there might be something useful in Group policy>user configuration but I am not sure.If anyone guides me for this, I would really appreciate.

:)

Sumit Dhiman, Dec 5, 2015
  2. jamiec260 Win User

Different power plans

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to have my laptop run in high performance when charging, and then switch to power saver when it isn't charging.

I know windows doesn't have this feature but I would like to find some third party software which will do it for me automatically, as I have a battery with 56% wear, and a bogey charger port on my laptop that sometimes stops working without me noticing.

Thanks in advance

jamiec260, Dec 5, 2015
  3. Different power plans

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you would like to increase the performance of your Laptop when it is charging and then switch to power saver when it isn't charging. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to kindly follow the below mentioned steps:

To select High Performance plan (While On charging):

• Click Start

• Select Settings

• Select System

• Select Power and Sleep

• Select Additional Power Settings

• Select Show Additional Plans

• Select High Performance

To select Power Saver Mode (While not On charging):

• Click Start

• Select Settings

• Select System

• Select Power and Sleep

• Select Additional Power Settings

• Select Balanced (recommended)

If you would like to use any Software which meets your requirement to increase the performance, you can browse it over the internet.

Important Note:

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using
    Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Hope this information helps.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ankit Rajput, Dec 5, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

Different power plan for different users

As far as I know it is not possible to do this. All you can do is create 2 Custom Power plans and save them but you have to remember to activate the one you want after you login in. The group policy editor only allows you to change the power options/plans for all users.

philc43, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

Different power plan for different users

1. Different power plan for different users - Similar Threads - Different power plan

2. How do I get access to different power performance options on power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get access to different power performance options on power plan?: I want to switch power between performances in power plan on windows 11. But there is no other option apart from balanced, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-access-to-different-power-performance/2cb32cd0-bfcf-446d-b4fe-17abaf0d0ece
  3. How do I get access to different power performance options on power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get access to different power performance options on power plan?: I want to switch power between performances in power plan on windows 11. But there is no other option apart from balanced, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-access-to-different-power-performance/2cb32cd0-bfcf-446d-b4fe-17abaf0d0ece
  4. Different windows 10 features on different users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different windows 10 features on different users: Hello everyone I'm wondering if its possible to have some windows 10 features enable in one user and the same feature disable in another.I need to use Hyper-V ON in my work user account , but in my personal account i need to turn OFF . Its really annoying to reboot and change...
  5. Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different screen resolutions for different Users - Is this possible?: Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me. I have a pc which I use for both work and gaming. When gaming I connect my pc to my tv (instead of my usual dual monitors for work). I'd love to be able login to my 'Gaming' user account and for the resolution to be...
  6. Difference between deleting user profile by different ways

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Difference between deleting user profile by different ways: Profile of a user is corruped in a Domain PC. What is the difference if admin delete the user profile via advance system properties instead from registry editor. 142813
  7. Different Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Different Users: I have a computer that I own but was used thru Raymond James a Company. I had 3 users Daniel King, Nancy Wiles and Patrick King I had Turbo Tax loaded on for the last 3 years. Under Daniel King, We all left Raymond James, I can get on the computer as Patrick King but I...
  8. Different versions of Firefox for different users?

in Browsers and Email
    Different versions of Firefox for different users?: My PC has three users. Is it possible to run different versions for different users? For example, ESR v52 and Quantum v62 118890
  9. User accounts and users are different

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts and users are different: Hi I have two accounts on my laptop: Bryan as admin and James as my local account which I use for my daily workings. All my work is save to a different partition on the hard drive. I now notice that if I go to C:\users, I have my admin account but there are two other...
  10. Different installs - different user names

in Windows 10 Support
    Different installs - different user names: Over time I had a few retail licenses for Windows 7(seven) Pro and one Windows 10 x64 retail. In the Windows Explorer->Help->About, they show different users under licensed to. One old (blabla at hotmail) and one new (blabla at outlook.com) They are both correct. I don't...