Windows 10: Different types of BSOD while playing games

Discus and support Different types of BSOD while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MJmampen, Windows defender indicated that the zip is unsafe to download: Attachment 139367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MJMampen, Jun 5, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

Different types of BSOD while playing games

MJmampen, Windows defender indicated that the zip is unsafe to download: Attachment 139367

zbook, Jun 13, 2017
  2. MJMampen Win User

Hey axe0,

This is the third time I did this and unfortunately it didn't work after the clean reinstallation. Here's my latest BSOD: Uploadfiles.io - rebla-thu_06_15_2017__12912_65.zip

On Wed 6/14/2017 11:57:25 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061517-6171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C3F0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41793, 0xFFFFF93FFAF4C9C0, 0x4, 0x3)
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 6/14/2017 2:52:51 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061417-6765-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x16C310)
    Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x47, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800C065674D)
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Hey zbook,

Don't worry its only an automatic precaution by Windows Defender. I had ESET and Avast before and I can guarantee you my pc is malware free.

MJMampen, Jun 13, 2017
  3. axe0 New Member
  4. MJMampen Win User

Okay here you go. Attachment 139648

Anyway, I'm planning to downgrade my OS to Windows 7 and I'm wondering if my problem will cease since I no longer have the time to fix this as I will be travelling next week. Any thoughts?

MJMampen, Jun 14, 2017
  5. axe0 New Member
    You could try it of course, I hope you know how to approach a Windows 7 install without any issue like data loss or corruption in the OS or messed up partitioning?

6. MJMampen Win User
    I mean at this point I don't have any other options. I already did all the things you all have told me and unfortunately none of them resolved my problem, so I might as well as try it and see for myself even though the chances are low. The only reasons its holding me back are because of the key I used for Windows 10 is only a one time activation code and I really want Windows 10 to be my official OS.

MJMampen, Jun 15, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Troubleshooting BSODs isn't a 'do this and that and it will solve the problem' process. It isn't always something easy, there will be enough situations where the dumps tell us something different than what the actual cause is. Of course, it is the difficulty to try to see that, but that is just the challenge.

Now, you said you reinstalled Windows.
    Did you after reinstalling Windows immediately started installing your software and drivers?

8. MJMampen Win User

For GPU yes, but for Audio and Network Adapter no since the best driver is already installed.

MJMampen, Jun 15, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jun 15, 2017
  10. MJMampen Win User
    Hey guys,

I think I know the problem, although I'm not sure but hear me out. So while I was using verifier I notice everytime I log there's no WIFI. I had to manually safely eject first and plug it back in order to find signal then after couple seconds of internet connection it crash which gives me Driver Verifier Detected Violation when I did it twice. Attachment 139789

On Fri 6/16/2017 7:59:12 PM your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061617-40953-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: verifierext.sys (VerifierExt+0x13D50)
    Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x9200F, 0xFFFFF80324F28470, 0xFFFFA20405794DB0, 0xFFFFA20405794EB8)
    Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\verifierext.sys
    description: Driver Verifier Extension
    Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.
    Google query: Microsoft Corporation DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

MJMampen, Jun 15, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    No driver was flagged in this crash.

Could you check your wifi adapter for driver updates at the support page of the manufacturer.

12. MJMampen Win User
    I already did. All of my current drivers are updated.

I'm thinking of updating my bios, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this since its fairly new.

MJMampen, Jun 16, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

The next suggestion is to test the system without the wifi adapter.

14. MJMampen Win User
    Yes and I got a stop code called Memory_Management today while driver verifier is on. And also Windows didn't collect any error info; it was stuck at 0% complete so I couldn't upload any dump files for you guys.

MJMampen, Jun 16, 2017
  15. axe0 New Member
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Different types of BSOD while playing games [​IMG]

Different types of BSOD while playing games [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Different types of BSOD while playing games - Similar Threads - Different types BSOD

2. BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while playing games: Hi i've a problem with my pc. Usually while gaming with games like Diablo,Baldur's Gate 3 my pc crashes and restart alone and i don't know why. I've found some minidumps of the crash that are happening. I tried to check what was inside the mindump, but i don't know how i can...
  3. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  4. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types: Hello,I'm facing a problem with my laptop.. it's Razer blade 15 advanced 2019, RTX 2060 and core i7 8750H gaming laptop..Windows 10.The issue:Suddenly, I started getting different types of BSOD while playing a specific game called "Apex Legends"Current state: My laptop is...
  5. BSOD while gaming specific game, different bsod types

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES

BSOD WHILE PLAYING GAMES: So I've been getting bsods while playing gamesall games. My hdd and ram are perfectly fine. I've tried running mem diag tool, sfc scannow and crystal disk info no errors and in good condition. Has been happening for a really long time. Windows keeps getting corrupted, hdd...
  7. BSOD while playing a game

BSOD while playing a game: It was happening before and then I fixed it by uninstalling my drivers and updating them, but then a couple days later it starts happening again various codes like driver irql not less or equal and others. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNinz5leQW4KkIe1Kx...
  8. Different BSODs while playing games.

Different BSODs while playing games.: Ive been experiencing different kinds of bsod while playing games. On some games i BSOD 100% of the time while on some i dont BSOD at all. Ive got bsods like irql not less than or equal and unexpected kernel mode trap. On the event viewer it says Kernel power, Event 41....
  9. BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.

BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.: Over the course of using windows 10 I have came across multiple BSOD errors, at least 5 different ones while I play some games. Most games I have noticed or remember are games like World of Warcraft, No Man's Sky, Overwatch. But there are many other games that I have not...
  10. BSOD while playing games

BSOD while playing games: Recently I have been getting BSODs while playing games on my computer, but not during normal use. Most recently it has been the game Roguelands. I originally thought it might be a memory problem, so I ran memtest for around 10 passes. Memtest did not turn up with...