Windows 10: different user accounts, only one email address?

Discus and support different user accounts, only one email address? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi I've got two computers running windows 7. Both have an administrator account and a standard user account. The computer I use for gaming has a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Geoffhs, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Geoffhs Win User

different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi

I've got two computers running windows 7. Both have an administrator account and a standard user account. The computer I use for gaming has a third account for gaming (I have some older games that don't like the aero-peak feature so the gaming account uses a plain desktop, no features.)

All these accounts use the same email address.

All these accounts will also use just the one Microsoft account.

My question is, when I upgrade to windows 10, will I be able to create a similar set-up for the user accounts, ie 5 different accounts, but only one email address and one Microsoft account? I've read that windows wants an email address to create a new account, is it going to tell me "that email address/Microsoft account has already been used?"

I am planning to upgrade to windows 10 by doing a clean install and starting from scratch, so I'm not worried about whether or not the existing accounts will transfer over.

Geoff

:)

Geoffhs, Dec 26, 2015

2. pc sign in and auto open of email acct.

You can create an alias and switch it to Primary Account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/add-alias-account

With different user accounts, the only one that can see your email is you. Your account is separate from the accounts of other users. You might also consider logging out of your email account and clearing browser history prior to turning the system over
    to a new user.

Smittychat., Dec 26, 2015
  3. Windows 10 upgrades for different eligible devices but having only one common Microsoft Account Between them.

Suppose that a user has got two laptops having two different eligible windows versions and only one common Microsoft Account (email id), what will happen to that user? Will this affect his device upgrades
    to Windows10? Lets say one has a old laptop having Win7 Home edition and a new hybrid laptop having a Win8.1 edition? For this microsoft ecosystem that the user has, it is being accessed with only
    one microsoft account.

KETANKELKAR, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

5. Geoffhs Win User
    Thanks!

Geoff

*Smile

Geoffhs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. different user accounts, only one email address? - Similar Threads - different user accounts

2. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  3. Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you have two MS Accounts with different usernames but one email address: My husband is getting a new laptop and he does not want it connected to his current laptop and MS Account. Usually the username is your email. And, I know you can't have two MS accounts with the same email address. Can you set up a different account with a different username...
  4. Is it only email address or with password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  5. Is it only email address or with password

Is it only email address or with password: I think it was last year or 2020 whereby I was using the Microsoft support chat on my phone as I needed help regarding a issue in Minecraft. Pretty much when I described my issue to the Microsoft agent, she asked me for my Microsoft email address or Microsoft email address...
  6. Different email address

Different email address: Sometimes when I send an email with the mail app my address gets changed to something like this: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** When people try to reply they get an error message!! Can someone help? Thanks...
  7. Cannot change email address for user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change email address for user account: The email address no longer exists and it needs to be updated to new email address. The Manage option does not allow to change the email address associated with this user account. Someone with an authoritative solution Microsoft?, PLEASE. Why is something so simple...
  8. Finder the user's email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finder the user's email address: I found out that using the stored email used to sign in with Windows, Microsoft Live, Skype is the best way to determine (in all probability) the active email address of the user. Windows stores used email accounts used as "Live ID" in the "UserExtendedProperties" key in...
  9. Replace the previous User account with a different one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Replace the previous User account with a different one: My daughter bought a Windows 8 Acer Laptop two or three years ago and did the prompted Windows 10 upgrade. She recently bought a new computer and gave me her old one. I can log in to her account which is tied to her Microsoft account, but I would much rather establish myself...
  10. Two user accounts with one email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...