Windows 10: Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10

Discus and support Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone help me with advice on installing fonts I have downloaded on windows 10. I have read other people have a similar problem but haven't seen an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rosie, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Rosie Win User

Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10

Can anyone help me with advice on installing fonts I have downloaded on windows 10. I have read other people have a similar problem but haven't seen an answer that helps me. The "File" drop down box in Fonts is supposed to have "install new font" but it doesn't. I am not a 'techie' ... but can follow most instructions.
    (70 years young)*Wink

:)

Rosie, Oct 16, 2015

2. Font and Screen adjustments

I have a Windows 10 2in1 that I just bought. Have issues with not being able to change the font.

Is there an update that would enable us to have options with the fonts?

Right now I have difficulty reading the fonts. And the high contrast hurts my eyes.

Please help for my eyes' sake.

Font Issues- Original Title

RachelSalow, Oct 16, 2015
  3. I can't read Georgian (I mean country Georgia not the states) fonts after i upgraded to windows 10

Hi, zurabiturmanishvili and Besso74.

Your symptoms sound very similar to another person who was having difficulty viewing Armenian text. It turned out that his system was using very old versions of certain fonts that he likely re-installed onto his system at some point. You might try looking
    for the discussion on that in this thread:

Fonts in Windows 10

Let me know if that's helpful.

PeterCon [MSFT], Oct 16, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Hi Rosie and welcome to Ten Forums.

You can try the following method of installing fonts if you find this easier (the following screenshots are taken in Windows 7 but the process will be exactly the same in Windows 10). First, navigate to the folder where you saved your downloaded font. Right click on the compressed file and choose 'Extract to XXXXX' (where XXXXX equals the name of the compressed file).

Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10 [​IMG]

This will create a new folder with the same name as the compressed file, in the instance I'm posting it is called Avengeance. Open the folder and click on the font you want to install, some folders will contain multiple fonts which are usually just variations of the same font.

When you've clicked on the font you want to install, click Install at the top left. Your font will now install and be ready to use.

Let us know if you have any problems or questions on using this method. I will also write this up as a tutorial later.

Boozad, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Rosie Win User
    Thank you so much!!! This has worked perfectly!! I am so grateful for your help! I would never have worked that out ... yet once I knew how it was soooo easy! I hope this helps others too!

I think I will write up the 'how to' ... so I can refer to it next time.

Again a HUGE thank you!!

Rosie, Oct 17, 2015
  6. Rosie Win User
    Once I have installed the fonts, can I delete the folders I have in 'Downloads'? Meaning the original downloaded file AND the Folder where the files were extracted to?

Or if I delete the folders where the files were extracted to would I also be deleting the fonts?

Many thanks again,

Rosie, Oct 17, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Hey Gav, for your future tut, you can also right click the .ttf file and install too. Some, even come with their own installer*Smile

Cliff S, Oct 17, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

@Fonts - Install in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Glad you got your font installed OK that's great news. You can delete the folder you downloaded once the font is installed and your font won't disappear. Keeping the folder just serves as a backup in case you ever need to install it again. *Smile

@Cliff S thanks for the input mate, all included in the tut. *Thumbs

Boozad, Oct 17, 2015
  9. Rosie Win User
    Fabulous ... thank you for the tutorial ... and the advice re saving the files in case they are needed later.
    (I did find right clicking ... then install ... was the way in windows 10.) *Smile

Rosie, Oct 17, 2015
  10. Boozad Win User
    You're welcome Rosie. Be sure to give us a shout if you need any more help in future *Thumbs

Boozad, Oct 17, 2015
  11. MarkHol Win User
    I can find the install button but when I click nothing happens. I have also tried the Drag & Drop method ie dragging the font over the font folder. Both cases no result. I assume that any ttf file will work - some of mine are a bit old. Many thanks for any ideas.

MarkHol, Feb 19, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    After downloading, did you open properties on the zip file, and unblock it, then extract it?
    Have you tried right clicking the font and choosing "Install" like I posted above?

Also open up NotePad, choose "Format" in menu bar, then "Font",
    then scroll and see if you can find your new font.

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  13. MarkHol Win User

Cliff. I had tried this as well. Very strange. I tried both methods again on a number of fonts; nothing happened and then I tried another and it started to install them. Something unblocked. Anyway thank you very much for your very prompt advice. Mark

MarkHol, Feb 19, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    To unblock you need to right click the zip file, choose properties, and in the general tab, bottom right corner will be an option to unblock(if it hasn't been already), check that, click apply, then close properties, and then extract.
    This is Internet File Blocking: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-wi...ed-access-file

Cliff S, Feb 19, 2016
  15. MarkHol Win User
    No these were just TTF files in an ordinary folder. Any way they are installed now.

MarkHol, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Difficulty installing fonts in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Difficulty installing fonts

2. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  3. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Difficulty changing default font: Hello! I am trying to set my computer to a new default font and have followed all instructions I could find. I get through all the steps and go to do the final restart and nothing has changed except I now have the new font accessible in Word. I'd really like to be able to use...
  4. Difficulty changing default font

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 installation difficulties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 installation difficulties: Hello, I reset my PC and now the installation is really getting on my nerves. When I try to add my outlook account it keeps saying oops sorry try again later or sign in with a local account. Then I try and make a local account and it gives me an error. I’ve tried restarting...
  6. Windows 10 installation difficulties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation difficulties: Hello, I reset my PC and now the installation is really getting on my nerves. When I try to add my outlook account it keeps saying oops sorry try again later or sign in with a local account. Then I try and make a local account and it gives me an error. I’ve tried restarting...
  7. Windows 10 installation difficulties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Difficulty in installing spss

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Difficulty in installing spss: I have been trying to install the SPSS software in my pc now for a week but I keep on getting the error messages. At first it was due to lack of Microsoft visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.030729.17. I later installed and now keep on getting this new error whenever I...
  9. Difficulty on installing Windows 10 Update.

Difficulty on installing Windows 10 Update.: I have been trying to install updates on my windows 10 PC, but it kept failing. Pls what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difficulty-on-installing-windows-10-update/51c9e7f5-ba02-425d-ba95-f2feac53ec5b
  10. Difficulty installing Windows 10

Difficulty installing Windows 10: Hello everybody, I'm Mark from the UK, can anybody assist me with the installation of windows 10. I checked windows update and it shows the platform has been downloaded to my pc. It also says in windows update installation failed. I then went on to the get windows 10 icon...