Windows 10: Digital entitlement

Discus and support Digital entitlement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by no1yak, Jun 5, 2016.

1. no1yak Win User

Digital entitlement

Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro.
    I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I never entered my licence number as requested during install, when I got the update and security screen/activation I was surprised to find that 10 was already activated with a Digital entitlement. So how does that work. Completely different main board, both boards Z97's but, different manufactures. Where as my spare machine running a retail copy of Win 7 Pro had it's licence blocked for on apparent reason - go figure.

:)

no1yak, Jun 5, 2016
  2. Debyfuqua Win User

digital entitlement

where is my digital entitlement for windows 10 located? I cannot find it.

Debyfuqua, Jun 5, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    'Mike P, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Digital entitlement

Many believe that it's just about a change in motherboard... like manufacture, serial numbers and what not - it's about hardware ID, best represented by model. We do not know how it's calculated, and probably never will... it's been a closely kept secret for a long time.

Superfly, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

Digital entitlement

1. Digital entitlement - Similar Threads - Digital entitlement

2. Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows 10 Pro after a significant hardware change using digital entitlement...: Hello, I have performed a significant hardware change of my computer and a subsequent reinstall of Windows 10 Pro. My previous Windows 10 which I had upgraded from 7 was linked to my Microsoft account successfully. However, when using the activation troubleshooter, it is...
  3. Number of digital license entitlement for windows 10 pro

Number of digital license entitlement for windows 10 pro: Hi there, So far I've obtained 2 windows 10 pro from my win8pro free upgrade and bought 1 more win10 pro cd key where in the account info can I see how many license do I own...
  4. Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Activate Windows 10 With Previous Digital Entitlement key: I recently built a new computer and installed Windows 10 via USB from my old rig. I recorded the digital entitlement key down before I retired that PC. When I try to activate Windows using that key I get the error 0x803FA067. For context, I had a CD for Windows 8 (can't...
  5. Win10 digital entitlement. How verify on win7?

Win10 digital entitlement. How verify on win7?: On two (same) PC's, I timely upgraded to a free win10 from my win7 x64 home premium, then rolled back to same win7. While running on that rolled back win7, I cannot seem to find a way to verify and/or view the digital entitlement ("DE") for windows 10. I was told by a $M...
  6. Digital Entitlement applicable for upgraded motherboard?

Digital Entitlement applicable for upgraded motherboard?: Am I correct that the Digital Entitlement allows me to upgrade my motherboard and still have a valid Win 10 installation? That's what I surmise from reading posts on this? I plan to upgrade my recording studio system. 69239
  7. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key': W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall. Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint,...
  8. Windows 10 Home no digital license / entitlement on cloned disk?

Windows 10 Home no digital license / entitlement on cloned disk?: I'm sure I read, and have previously tested a couple of times, that your license remained active if you changed hard drives. What I done a while ago is saved an image of an activated Win 10 Home install on ssd (by clean installing Win 10 from USB (Media Creation Tool)...
  9. Will it still get the digital entitlement?

Will it still get the digital entitlement?: Hi, I want to reinstall Win10. It was previously an upgrade from win7 but 32-bit, and now I want to install 64-bit, will it still get the digital entitlement? Thank you *Smile 88872
  10. Convert VLK/KMS -> Retail to Allow Auto Digital Entitlement Activation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Convert VLK/KMS -> Retail to Allow Auto Digital Entitlement Activation: I spent a day preparing a 10 Pro image for capture in a virtual machine intended to be deployed to numerous 10 Pro "digital entitlement" PCs upgraded from 7. I made the foolish mistake of using VLK media instead of retail media from the start. When I imaged the first PC,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have a copy of digital entitlement