Windows 10: Digital entitlement

Discus and support Digital entitlement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by no1yak, Jun 5, 2016.

1. no1yak Win User

Digital entitlement

Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro.
    I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I never entered my licence number as requested during install, when I got the update and security screen/activation I was surprised to find that 10 was already activated with a Digital entitlement. So how does that work. Completely different main board, both boards Z97's but, different manufactures. Where as my spare machine running a retail copy of Win 7 Pro had it's licence blocked for on apparent reason - go figure.

:)

no1yak, Jun 5, 2016
  2. Debyfuqua Win User

digital entitlement

where is my digital entitlement for windows 10 located? I cannot find it.

Debyfuqua, Jun 5, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    'Mike P, Jun 5, 2016
  4. Superfly Win User

Digital entitlement

Many believe that it's just about a change in motherboard... like manufacture, serial numbers and what not - it's about hardware ID, best represented by model. We do not know how it's calculated, and probably never will... it's been a closely kept secret for a long time.

Superfly, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

Digital entitlement

1. Digital entitlement - Similar Threads - Digital entitlement

2. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  3. Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-activating a Win11 digital entitlement license after laptop reset: I have a digital entitlement license which I obtained after I upgraded form Win8.1 licensed with a key to Win10 and later to Win11.Everything was running smoothly until a windows update totally broke the status bar on my Windows 11.I tried a few restores but they throw BSOD...
  4. Digital entitlement Windows 10 didn't work on my laptop after formating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital entitlement Windows 10 didn't work on my laptop after formating: I format my laptop and install the windows ISO file using USB drive. After the installation my digital entitlement didn't work. It says activate windows. Below I attached my product number and error number that occurs....
  5. Digital entitlement Windows 10 didn't work on my laptop after formating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital entitlement Windows 10 didn't work on my laptop after formating: I format my laptop and install the windows ISO file using USB drive. After the installation my digital entitlement didn't work. It says activate windows. Below I attached my product number and error number that occurs....
  6. Digital entitlement Windows 10 didn't work on my laptop after formating

7. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have HP laptop. Kindly help me activate my Windows. I need help....
  8. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.: I have a problem with the activation of my Windows 10. Every day I get the message to activate windows. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have HP laptop. Kindly help me activate my Windows. I need help....
  9. Using digital entitlement Windows 10 will not stay activated.

10. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have a copy of digital entitlement