Windows 10: DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

Discus and support DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4? Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150 Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vitalin, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Vitalin Win User

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4?

New PC conf. and I got RAM question, shall I put the memory sticks in SLOT 1/3 or stay with my current setup 2/4?

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6g 1150
    Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 DDR3 1600
    CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP 16GB (2X8) 240PIN DDR3 1600
    SAPPHIRE RADEAON R9 380 NITRO 4GB DDR5
    CRUCIAL BX100 250GB SATA3
    SEASONIC 860W PLATINUM ACTIVE PFC

*Smile

:)

Vitalin, Dec 15, 2015
  2. MihaiBD Win User

Wrong type and number of RAM slots in Windows 10

The total count in task manager says 4 slots and it also says DIMM...the second photo shows the real 2 slots (not 4) with SODIMM (not DIMM) so the software is wrong, but why?

MihaiBD, Dec 15, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    dell optiplex gx280

Why would the chassis matter, he can still upgrade to 4GB??

4 * 1GB if 4 DIMM slots

or

2 * 2GB if 2 DIMM slots (SF Chassis)

DaveM121, Dec 15, 2015
  4. rfruth Win User

It probably doesn't matter, what does the manual say ?

rfruth, Dec 15, 2015
  5. Vitalin Win User
    says nothing about the order.
    guess its safe staying with DIMM 2/4?

Vitalin, Dec 15, 2015
  6. DoItJust Win User
    Page 1-23 in the manual;

• (2) Supports two (2) modules inserted into either the red slots or the black slots as onepair of Dual-channel memory con guration. We suggest that you install the modulesinto slots A2 and B2 for better compatibility.

DoItJust, Dec 16, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    It does.

DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4? [​IMG]

jds63, Dec 16, 2015
  8. Vitalin Win User

Thank you very much DoItJust & jds63 !!!

Vitalin, Dec 16, 2015
  9. Vitalin Win User
    THANKS GUYS, your all awesome!!! *Smile

Vitalin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DIMM slot 1, 3 or DIMM slot 2, 4? - Similar Threads - DIMM slot DIMM

2. Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm: 7600x3060tiB650 PRO RSCORSAIR VENGEANCE 4800MHZ CL40 STOCK 6000 MHZ CL36 XMP PROFILE 16GB x2All components with the exception of the GPU are new 3 weeks oldProblems:I am currently running the DIMMs in slot 2 and 4 as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer.XMP profile is...
  3. Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt kernel/broken dimm slots/dimm: 7600x3060tiB650 PRO RSCORSAIR VENGEANCE 4800MHZ CL40 STOCK 6000 MHZ CL36 XMP PROFILE 16GB x2All components with the exception of the GPU are new 3 weeks oldProblems:I am currently running the DIMMs in slot 2 and 4 as recommended by the motherboard manufacturer.XMP profile is...
  4. DIMM register

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIMM register: i have brought and installed new DDR4 ram's, they register on both my bios and supposedly on windows, but i cannot locate the disk drive anywhere. i have explore every possible setting to my knowledge and resources but need help as i have tried and brought several components...
  5. DIMM register

DIMM register: i have brought and installed new DDR4 ram's, they register on both my bios and supposedly on windows, but i cannot locate the disk drive anywhere. i have explore every possible setting to my knowledge and resources but need help as i have tried and brought several components...
  6. DIMM register

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. System will occur BSOD after change the primary SSD from slot 1 to slot 2/3 when fast...

System will occur BSOD after change the primary SSD from slot 1 to slot 2/3 when fast...: Is it a normal usage that system can switch SSD to another SSD slot when system hybrid shutdown?From another article I saw have told us the difference between hybrid shutdown and normal shutdown,But it didn't said that the behavior if can switch...
  8. Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.: I want to used either PowerShell or WMIC to find this out.Reason is CPU-Z is giving me 'bad' results. Trying to figure out why.I've got 2 16GB DIMM's, in the proper slots for Channel 1, on a Dell XPS8040, it is the White clips that are, counting from the CPU, slots 2 and...
  9. Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.

Windows 11, trying to find out what slots my DIMM are in without opening the case.: I want to used either PowerShell or WMIC to find this out.Reason is CPU-Z is giving me 'bad' results. Trying to figure out why.I've got 2 16GB DIMM's, in the proper slots for Channel 1, on a Dell XPS8040, it is the White clips that are, counting from the CPU, slots 2 and...
  10. M.2 slot .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    M.2 slot .: 1-Is there any m.2 sata or nvme slot available in HP Pavilion AU620tx laptop? 2-Is the DVD slot is slower than the HDD slot ? I want to add an HDD there so I don't know about is there any speed difference between HDD slot and DVD slot....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram slots 2 and 4 or 1 and 3?

2. DIMM 1 DIMM 2 DIMM 3 DIMM 4

3. is dimm slot 1 and 3 better for 2 sticks on ram?