Windows 10: Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Discus and support Direct connection to networked printer no longer working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vaultboy13, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Hello,

The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is either listed as "Offline" or "Out of Paper". I did some searching and tried all the suggestions. Cleared the spool cache, restarted the spool service, updated the driver. Nothing has worked so far.

I'm at a loss, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

:)

Vaultboy13, Aug 23, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    • Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working [​IMG]
    • Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 23, 2018
  3. RokeW Win User
    Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Aug 23, 2018
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

1. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working - Similar Threads - Direct connection networked

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer no longer works: All of a sudden my printer does not work. I reloaded drivers, deleted and reloaded the printer, and also went online with the manufacturer of my printer MFC-240C and they suggested I delete Window updates KB4560960 & KB4557957. I deleted the first windows update but could...
  4. Printer No Longer Working

Printer No Longer Working: Using Windows 10, 64 Bit version I have an Epson WF-7720 Printer that has a wireless connection to my computer. Today, it stopped printing, an error message reads: "The Active Directory Domain Services is Currently Unavailable" Has this anything to do with the Windows...
  5. Printer no longer works

Printer no longer works: I have Windows 10 Ver 1909 OS Build 18363.900 and wireless printer HP color laserjet. Printer worked seamlessly until an automatic update. I have removed and reinstalled, downloaded drivers, everything I could think of. HP Smart recognizes printer, shows Connection Status:...
  6. Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Overnight, 3 WiFi Printers No Longer Connect to Network: The symptom is as follows: checking "Devices," Printers Scanners", for one, the HP 110 Envy, I see "Attention Required." The printer is checked, found to be online, connected to the strongest WiFi signal in my home network, the same one the PC is connected to. I cycle power...
  7. Laptop no longer connects to printers

Laptop no longer connects to printers: Hi My wife's laptop has been acting up for a while. If it connects up to a printer, wi-fi or cable, it would not always recognize a printer. We just got a new printer and it would not recognize that printer, again wi-fi or cable. What's more, it would not see another wi-fi...
  8. Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working

Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working: I have a new computer with Windows 10. Printer, Epson WorkForce 840 is older and is not recognizing or will it allow me to type in updated wifi network connection. I have troubleshooted every which way you can think of. What do you advise?...
  9. Connect a Network Printer

Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  10. Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working

Network Connection to Shared Drive No Longer Working: At our company we have a Windows 7 computer that has a shared drive. Everyone in the company has access to it. Last week I lost access to this shared drive. When I click on the mapped drive I get the message, "An error occurred while connecting to S: to \\server...