Windows 10: Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12?

Discus and support Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Just updated to 10, installed a few games of steam. One had a directXredist run, when i go to dxdiag now i have Direct X 11.3, use to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SebbyMak, Jul 29, 2015.

1. SebbyMak Win User

Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12?

Hi All,

Just updated to 10, installed a few games of steam. One had a directXredist run, when i go to dxdiag now i have Direct X 11.3, use to be 12?. Whats the go here? geforce 980 TI is my video card btw.

:)

SebbyMak, Jul 29, 2015

2. About DirectX in Windows 10, How To Upgrade It To The Latest Version, DirectX 12?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, the reason you are seeing different version is because some applications and games require the earlier version of Direct X. However, your computer includes a more recent version of DirectX.
    In simple, one application or game require DirectX 11.0 and some other DirectX 11.3 or 12.0

However, if you want to install the latest version of Direct X, you will get it through Windows Update.

Hope this information is helpful.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Direct X NOT Updating to latest version!

My Current Direct X version is 9eX.

I cannot run the facebook app as it says the following (Screenshot)

The problem is I tried updating my Direct X using the following link- Download DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) from Official Microsoft Download Center

However, after the installation complete when I run "DxDiag" the version still says 9eX.

Also, I have Windows 10-64 bit, so according to this thread- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

My Direct X version should be 11.3, 11.4 or 12.0...then, why is it stuck at 9eX?

Is there a way I can uninstall version 9eX and then, install the latest Direct X???

How do I update to the latest version, plz help!!!!

Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12? [​IMG]

IshaanJain, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Geneo Win User

Same here. WTF? GTX 970 here

Geneo, Jul 29, 2015
  5. SebbyMak Win User
    Yeh no idea mate. was looking forward to do some testing and benchmarks. Now no idea wtf is going on or how to get 12 back on, no redist for it or anything. Latest nvidia driver too.. Anyone else?

SebbyMak, Jul 29, 2015
  6. SebbyMak Win User
    Found out MFAA in nvidia control panel has to be disabled, will revert back to DX 12

SebbyMak, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Nemix Win User
    Which games use DirectX 12 API's, I'm just curious?

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Geneo Win User

All games should benefit in performance from DirectX 12 API even though they may not support the features.

Geneo, Jul 29, 2015
  9. Geneo Win User
    I just disabled it and it doesn't revert back to 12 - still at 11.3 according to dxdiag.

EDIT: You are right. I accidentally disabled it in a game instead of globally.

MFAA worked fine in the preview and 12.

Geneo, Jul 29, 2015
  10. SebbyMak Win User
    Yeh not sure mate, least that wasnt a hard one, fixed in future.

SebbyMak, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Chris2005 Win User
    DxDiag shows 11.2 for me, I'm running a GTX 550 Ti... however, in the Nvidia Control Panel it says DirectX 12 for the Runtime version and the Direct3D API version. However, the Direct3D Feature Level says 11.0.

I'm running driver version WHQL 353.62, which was released today.

I didn't have to install any games at the moment... I remember when you could often times skip DX installations for games... or the installer didn't install anything if it detected something newer on your machine.

Chris2005, Jul 29, 2015
  12. SebbyMak Win User
    I dont think Fermi (500series cards) support DX12 yet from nvidia. I think its kepler upwards (600 Series).
    You can read bout it there will be support soon for them.

SebbyMak, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Direct X 11.3 overwrote 12? - Similar Threads - Direct overwrote

2. I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for: I have a monthly direct debit of £5.99 with microsoft and I don't know what it is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-monthly-direct-debit-i-dont-know-what-it/ce531853-3f26-4694-8b13-7544f29436e2
  3. I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a monthly direct debit i don't know what it is for: I have a monthly direct debit of £5.99 with microsoft and I don't know what it is for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-monthly-direct-debit-i-dont-know-what-it/ce531853-3f26-4694-8b13-7544f29436e2
  4. Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft: Hello,This is a non-technical question. Can someone provide me with some methods of contacting Microsoft to give feedback and raise voices in complaints? I am certain that there are feedback, forums, websites where you can send comments through a web form, but I would also...
  5. Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft

Non Technical Question-How to Raise Voices Directly to Microsoft: Hello,This is a non-technical question. Can someone provide me with some methods of contacting Microsoft to give feedback and raise voices in complaints? I am certain that there are feedback, forums, websites where you can send comments through a web form, but I would also...
  6. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  7. I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.

I downloaded a game directly from steam and now I don’t have audio.: At first I couldn’t play audio through my tv and now I can’t access audio at all. I restarted multiple times, updated my computer and still nothing. Audio is the only thing affected. Everything is greyed out on audio. I have uninstalled the game and still nothing....
  8. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  9. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows: as said in title.I do NOT want the make a bat file shortcut and pin that.I do NOT want to hear about adding it to the Start-UP folder.I need the line of code to ad to the RegEdit to allow for .Bat files to be pinned/dragged and drop directly to my start menu. I know it is...
  10. Pin a bat file DIRECTLY to start menu drop down windows

in Windows 10 Gaming