Windows 10: Directory file problem

Discus and support Directory file problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi staff, Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge... So from the directory I want to remove a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vestiphobic, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Directory file problem

Hi staff,
    Been using my brand new laptop for 3 days now, and I'm still a bit clumsy with Windows Edge...
    So from the directory I want to remove a picture file that by accident was loaded from an usb twice. Must have done something wrong 'cause the map is not removable and also changing the file's name can't be done, the 'there is no path' story. The file is empty, but an eyesore - title in screaming Capitals, I'll never do that again! - so I want it out. How do I do that?

Related question: I wanted to remove a single JPG from another file, clicked Right, and immediately got send back to the desk top. This happened over and over again. With Drag/Drop I finally managed to dump the picture into the waste basket. But I want to do it like I'm used to: by way of 'Delete'...
    Thanks in advance.

:)

Vestiphobic, Oct 22, 2016
  2. MarkVahey Win User

Directory Searches - I am having problems in deleting files or changing file names.

Original Title - Directory Searches

When I attempt to review files in a directory I am always forced back to the top of the directory. I am having problems in deleting files or changing file names.

MarkVahey, Oct 22, 2016
  3. mtdirect Win User
    WM6 & WINDOWS LIVE PROBLEMS

I have run into a problem with the number of files that can be written to a SDMC card file directory on a Eten x800 running WME6. The application was a mapping program that appeared to halt after writing to a map tile cache directory ~1050 small 1kb map
    tile files. Once I figured out the app couldn't write any more files to the directory, I tried WME6 file explorer and it gave me an error saying it couldn't write to the directory. I then tried to write to the directory using activesync from my xp laptop,
    and it also failed. If I clear the directory and restart, it works again until reaching approximately the same number of files.

I thought the problem might be with the FAT16 file system on the 2GB SDMC card, so I reformated to FAT32 on my xp laptop. I had no problem writing 2000+ files to the SDMC on the xp laptop. Once I put the SDMC back into the x800 I had the same problem.

Since both microsoft aps and third party aps are having the same problem, this appears to be a problem in WME6. Has anyone else reported a problem like this? Do you know what the cause is?

I have suggested to the developer that they change to a series of hierarchical cache directories to reduce the number of files per directory.

Thanks.

mtdirect, Oct 22, 2016
Thema:

Directory file problem

1. Directory file problem - Similar Threads - Directory file problem

2. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  3. "No such file or directory"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No such file or directory": Hi.I installed a library for VS Code called "SDL2" and when I include it in my code editor, it seems fine at first but when I run my code, I keep getting this error that I can't resolve: "SDL2/SDL.h: No such file or directory."This is where the file is located:...
  4. File Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  5. File Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Directory: Can you compare the content of two different directories in Windows 11?I have a Lenovo Yoga 7i with Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Thank you for any information....
  6. File directory

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File directory: Is there anyway to revert back to the old format, this new one is awful. submitted by /u/Mystreanon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/nfm3lv/file_directory/
  7. Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem to safe files to directories and look at this file:...: I have a serious problem to store my files to the directory in Windows 10 and I also have the known problem issue and you can have a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku-jsZ7HvfA and you can view what is my problem. Basically I am not able to safe the files in the...
  8. the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable problem: recently i have this problem: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable when i want to open my apps it appears but when i run them bu administrator thay open with out any problem i also tried disk checking buy comment prompt and still have the problem please...
  9. program Files directory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    program Files directory problem: Hello Sir ...... one month month before i have changed my windows instrallation file directory through registry from C drive to D drive. after that i cant update my pc. now i want to go back to the previous file instrallation directory D to C drive........ but when i go to...
  10. Problem using directory / file system

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem using directory / file system: Can someone help me with this --- I am at the stage where I am forgetting things I used to know years ago and am getting in a muddle with the Windows Directory / Folders and File System. You can see from the Snip below, two views of the same page from Explorer taken at the...