Windows 10: Directory Security-10240

Discus and support Directory Security-10240 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] I'm trying to duplicate directories in another node in my "Homegroup". I am at the last point and security is getting me. I have two nodes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renee, Nov 14, 2015.

1. renee Win User

Directory Security-10240

Directory Security-10240 [​IMG]

I'm trying to duplicate directories in another node in my "Homegroup". I am at the last point and security is getting me. I have two nodes Cindy (a 16 gb extreme) and Kyara an 8 gb Lenovo W520, both running Win 10 10240.

I find that when I attempt to copy my own user directory, when I get the copy to the other system, my own directory is unreadable because of security. I can fix this on either side of the copy....but dont know what to do.

:)

renee, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Error: Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup Aborted Error 31: The device attached to the system is not functioning

Explore to the temporary directory, right click and select security, check that you have permissions to write to that directory.

Dewdrop_, Nov 14, 2015
  3. psykixx Win User
    Yellow exclam !!! Hardware ID: root\Net Tap6

Still showing a yellow exclamation mark here. And I have just installed the 10240 security update.

psykixx, Nov 14, 2015
  4. renee Win User

Directory Security-10240

I found it...it was a matter of changing the protections on all of the files. After I changed the protections on the temp disk I could copy the files.

renee, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

Directory Security-10240

1. Directory Security-10240 - Similar Threads - Directory Security 10240

2. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  3. security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security vulnerabilities in shared files/directories?: Hi, I'd like some help please. I was trying to get a win10Pro desktop and a Win11 Pro desktop to talk to each other which they now do, but I am concerned if this is secure as I am seeing random Amazon devices in my Network from neighbours? when I boot up though they disappear...
  4. Secure Active Directory LDAP binding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Active Directory LDAP binding: We have On-prem Active Directory, users and applications are authenticated to access network resources.Please advise if there is a way to secure or delegate AD LDAP bind only to specific admins or service accounts. Currently anyone with valid credentials can "bind" Active...
  5. Secure Active Directory LDAP binding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Active Directory LDAP binding: We have On-prem Active Directory, users and applications are authenticated to access network resources.Please advise if there is a way to secure or delegate AD LDAP bind only to specific admins or service accounts. Currently anyone with valid credentials can "bind" Active...
  6. 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10240: Where can I get the Windows Update 10240, it did not arrive in my Windows Update 8659
  7. Active Directory Not Installing - Windows 10 Professional Build 10240

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Active Directory Not Installing - Windows 10 Professional Build 10240: Hello guys, I am currently testing out Windows 10 on a HP ProBook 6550b. I'm currently trying to set up active directory for it. From reading around the web, the remote server administration tools update has been released. I also downloaded and installed said update. The...
  8. New install to 10240 on current 10240 comp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New install to 10240 on current 10240 comp: Thought I would report on a very good experience. My comp has been upgraded through various OSs and has been on the insider program since Oct, and was on 10240. While it was running fine, there were indicators that it would benefit from a 'clean' install. So, after a fair...
  9. Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated

Testing 10240 Upgrader: 10166 to 10240 Activated: When backward and made a clean install of the 10166 release directly in the bootup sequence (Legacy: no BIOS setup). Took less then 15 minutes and got no error to report. Made the settings off-line: Internet disconnect. Set default apps with Windows Update switch set to off....
  10. 10240 will not install

10240 will not install: downloaded as an upgrade and installed but it keeps reverting back to 10130,it configures to 100% and restarts and boots back in to 10130 any ideas guys 8345