Windows 10: DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards

Discus and support DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; DirectX 12 will reportedly support multi-GPU configurations with both AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards Exclusive: DirectX 12 Will Allow Multi-GPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gdscrtr, Feb 25, 2015.

1. gdscrtr Win User

DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards

gdscrtr, Feb 25, 2015

2. Directx 12 install

your gpu supports directx 12 but intel hd graphics 4000 does not.

so intel hd graphics 4000 is running directx 11.2 but check nvidia control panel, your gpu is running directx 12.

In mine it was like this.

SakibLostvalley, Feb 25, 2015
  3. Can't reserve Windows 10 because of error message

Hi,

AMD Radeon GPUs or AMD APUs will be compatible with DirectX® 12
    for Windows 10. So, i suggest you to install DirectX 12 and then restart your computer.

Try this.

VinOth_VingO, Feb 25, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Wow... That is gonna be really awesome !

*What

Vladimir, Feb 25, 2015
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    native support in the OS, nice, good guy MS, does this mean we see the end of driver updates for nvidia and amd?

MrNeeds, Feb 25, 2015
  6. Vladimir Win User
    I don't think so, each card will still need its own driver. The GPUs aggregation capabilities in the OS is what impresses me !

Vladimir, Feb 25, 2015
  7. Dude Win User
    Is it just me, or does it sound similar to Lucid Logix. I wonder if you can use onboard graphics and a dedicated gpu with this new DX 12 feature.

8. Vladimir Win User

I guess yes, it will be possible ! And that will be great specially for modern high performance ultrabooks !

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 25, 2015
  9. This sounds like a software SLI and Crossfire so that when simple graphics are required a low power solution can be used and when playing Crysis all GPU processing can be used. So it would seem if you have an i7 with HD video, a super duper AMD and or NVidia you could use them all to do the rendering and boost the graphics quality. I am interested.

Indianatone, Feb 26, 2015
  10. Vladimir Win User
    I'd like to pair my Radeon 280X with a Geforce GTX 970 !

~edit~

Or maybe I simply get a 290X 8GB and pair with my 280X 3GB, totalizing 11GB of VRAM.

*Smile

Vladimir, Feb 26, 2015
  11. I'd like to pair one of my 290s with a 980. Hahaha

blackroseMD1, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. DirectX 12 will suport mutli-Gpu with both AMD and Nvidia cards - Similar Threads - DirectX suport mutli

2. Directx 12

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directx 12: Hi everyoneI just install a game: Comand and Conquer Generals. And it require directx 8.1 or higher to play but I already have directx 12 so I didn't tick the box to install it. When I start the game, it runs but has an error:I verify that my video card meets the minimum...
  3. DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 12: I Have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 and the issue is that I am unable to play call of duty warzone due to Directx 12 giving me this message, " Your Operating system is not supported. This can cause the game to run slowly and it may stop completely. Would you like more...
  4. Nvidia Tesla K10 GPU - Errorcode 12

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Tesla K10 GPU - Errorcode 12: Hello, I just got my hands on two NVIDIA Tesla K10 GPUs that I wanted to put in my PC. (Its a MacPro 5.1 running bootcamp btw). Since the K10 is a dualGPU, the device manager shows 4 Tesla K10s. However, only one chip of each GPU works, the other one does not and always says...
  5. Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Install both Amd (for graphics) and Nvidia (for compute) gpu: Receiving soon the components for my new PC I will use the disk with Win10 installation from the old PC. Interested to know if it's possible also to use my old AMD gpu for the graphics (drivers are already installed in the boot disk I will shift from the old and soon unused...
  6. NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDIA GPU + AMD CPU on W10: Hello.Is there anything what you need to know if you using windows 10 with nvi gpu and amd cpu ? I got Gainward GTX 1060 6Gb GPU and AMD Ryzen 7 2700x CPU on mobo TUF X470-Plus Gaming. I got some issues with .. starting maybe blue death when starting pc to problems with...
  7. FAT 12 suport

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FAT 12 suport: Hello, all We have an usb device that exposes FAT12 table.as USB storage device with 2MB size. The device is correctly appear in all previous versions of Windows. We have limited requwerements / options for this device. Form the WIndows we need - view name is the single...
  8. Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need a Video Card that supports DirectX 12: I am running Win10 Insider Preview! There is Pre Release 3D program. When it starts it checks to see if you computer can run the 3D program! Mine passes all the requirements except DirectX 12. I tried searching all video cards but none mentions if it supports DirectX...
  9. DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC

in Windows 10 News
    DirectX 12 rumored to allow combining AMD and Nvidia cards on same PC: Microsoft's upcoming DirectX 12 is rumoured to feature a revolutionary API that would enable users to combine graphics cards from AMD and Nvidia. PC gaming enthusiasts could be in for a treat if the latest rumour from Tom's Hardware is true. So far gamers have been able to...
  10. AMD and Nvidia get ready for next-gen DirectX 12

in Windows 10 News
    AMD and Nvidia get ready for next-gen DirectX 12: Microsoft has yet to launch its next-generation DirectX 12 multimedia API, but AMD and Nvidia are both ready with hardware to support it. For AMD, its Radeon HD 7000 and Radeon R200 series will support the API, while over at Nvidia support will come from the Fermi, Kepler...