Windows 10: DirectX 9 games no longer launching

Discus and support DirectX 9 games no longer launching in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bominic8888888, Aug 3, 2021.

1. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

As of the latest windows update in August 2021, most if not all DirectX 9 games such as source engine games e.g. portal, Garry's Mod, and portal 2 and A hat in time do not launch anymore. In terms of specs, my computer has an Intel i7 6700, 16GB of memory, and an NVIDIA GTX 1070.

:)

bominic8888888, Aug 3, 2021

2. Games Directx 9 on Widows 10 AI

Windows ten has Directx 12 not Directx 9 which allows purchased games to run. I have tried to download directx 9 but still will not allow the slots games to run. I cannot find the downloaded file for directx 9 on my computer. It is either hidden or did
    not download. Need help!

RonaldHepding, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Can't Run Game with DirectX 9

Every time I try to play game with DirectX that just auto close / blank screen and crashing information, but if I run game in DirectX 10/11 is fine and no problem. Sure I already installed DirectX 9.

Please tell me how to solve it?

Thanks

Kanou Atama Kyousuke, Aug 3, 2021
  4. DirectX 9 games no longer launching

Directx 8.1/9 games not working on Windows 10

Hello community i have a question. As i have mentioned it above on the subject my directx 8.1/9 games wont work on my computer. For example i wanted to play GTA San andreas. After i launched it it said 'Grand theft auto SA requires at least Directx version
    9.0'. Mycomputer is a Gaming laptop which is dell. I searched and searched in the internet for hours and hours then i found a solution that u should download 'directx june 2010'. Then i downloaded it. I simply just downloaded the files in my documents and
    clicjed directx setup. Then after it finished i launched it. It kept bring that message. Ive tried in many games like Gta III and Gta vice city.

Well this is my question i would like to hear from the community for answers! Thanks!!

Thunderywall73, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

DirectX 9 games no longer launching

1. DirectX 9 games no longer launching - Similar Threads - DirectX games longer

2. Can no longer launch games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer launch games: So, this all started because for some reason, Windows Update wouldn't work. I was stuck on version 1909, trying to update to 20H2. Every time it attempted, I would get the "missing dependencies" error on Xbox, and in an attempt to mitigate, I started working on upgrading.Good...
  3. How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download DirectX and launch Steam games?: I ask about DirectX because when I clicked to play Don't Starve for the first time (I used Linux, but I returned to Windows 10 a few months ago), it asked me to install DirectX. I clicked no, thinking I could just do that later, and now, the game doesn't launch. I Is this...
  4. DirectX 9 Download Link 404

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DirectX 9 Download Link 404: Trying to download DirectX 9 to play an older game. Several people have suggested downloading it from microsoft.com and provided links: - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109...
  5. directx 9 dowload

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 9 dowload: Hi, since yesterday it has appeared that I am unable to download because apparently the file is not found. I used the official link and it says that "this download is no longer available" Can we have any update what's the play with this? Thank you....
  6. DirectX problem to launch Fortnite

DirectX problem to launch Fortnite: I had download Fortnite but it says ''DX11 needed to laucnh the game." But, my DX version is 12 and still can't launch the game with the same message. How can I launch my Fortnite and solve this problem?...
  7. DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop

DirectX 9 doesn't install on laptop: I tried to installed Roxio VCR to DVD software on my laptop. My laptop has Windows 10. The error message says I need to install DirectX 9, but that did not install. I saw another message and it says to use DirectX11, but that did not install onto my laptop. Any...
  8. DirectX 9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX 9: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 that came with Windows 10, but the hard drive failed and it was replaced with another hard drive with Windows 10 on it, too. I tried installing GMod off of Steam, and it says it's missing a .dll file that has to do with DirectX 9. I tried fully...
  9. Directx 9 missing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Directx 9 missing?: Hi all, first time posting (I think?) but i do get all my info from here *Smile I have been a part of the insider program from the start and have always been in the fast ring. All of a sudden with the latest build, I can't install apps that require Directx Version 9. The...
  10. Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 9 Could Launch with DirectX 12 – Report: Microsoft is getting ready to introduce a new DirectX version, as the company has recently launched a teaser indicating that the unveiling could take place at the Game Developer Conference on March 20. The teaser page published on the MSDN blogs also displays the logos of...