Windows 10: DirectX Problems

Discus and support DirectX Problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having fun with DirectX, tells me internal error? I tried installed Mass Effect and got so far, then Crash! direct X failure. Other games crash and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elbmek, Apr 1, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

DirectX Problems

Having fun with DirectX, tells me internal error?

I tried installed Mass Effect and got so far, then Crash! direct X failure.
    Other games crash and report direct x problem?
    dxdiag tells me my dx is up to date and does not needs installing

In process of full reinstall of all software, after cleaning out C drive,

:)

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Need help with getting DirectX 11 to work

I can't buy any game in the store that requires DirectX 11, it shows an x next to version 11 required. DirectX diagnostic tool says I have DirectX 12, what is the problem? Thanks

The Beem Team, Apr 1, 2017
  4. elbmek Win User
    Internal error occurred. I think I have to clean dx out first? but how?

suspect dx 11 or 12 might have got in

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  5. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Apr 1, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    Thats what I did, internal error! I just checked nvidia control panel in am on Dx 12

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User

DirectX Problems

Yes but DX12 is not fully backwards compatible with DX9. Mass Effect requires DirectX 9c just checked.

You did use the link I posted? It's a different download.

clam1952, Apr 1, 2017
  8. elbmek Win User
    yes mate, it began installation (via dxsetup) then stopped reporting 'internal error?' wondering if I should uninstall nvidia and re install. ps I never put 12 in because I had heard it was a problem

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  9. elbmek Win User
    Interesting, will try it now, thank you

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  10. elbmek Win User
    following the youtube video, successfully installed Mass Effect and it runs. Should I now install DX 9 or has the game put it in?

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  11. DirectX Problems

The game installed it, otherwise it would not run.

Most likely the problem was not DX, but Origin, which failed to run DX setup, so it reported an error.

TairikuOkami, Apr 1, 2017
  12. elbmek Win User
    OK thanks again. Nvidia still reports dx12

elbmek, Apr 1, 2017
  13. clam1952 Win User
    It will do as will DXDiag, as they only reports the highest version, irrespective of what's actually installed.

clam1952, Apr 1, 2017
Thema:

DirectX Problems

1. DirectX Problems - Similar Threads - DirectX Problems

2. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running: Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5...
  3. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running: Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5...
  4. Problem with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  5. Problem with DirectX

Problem with DirectX: Hey,I am facing a problem since 2-3 years. I want to download a game. But it shows that my DirectX is not compatible with it. It shows that I need to have DirectX 12 for the game to get downloaded.But when I checked my DirectX version, it shows that I have DirectX 12 on my...
  6. Problem with DirectX

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  8. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems: Hi,I'm trying to run a mod for an old game that crashes on entering - the FAQ for it states that this may be because on Windows X the current version of DirectX lacks support for DX9, creating problems running some of the libraries. It recommends installing DirectX 10, with a...
  9. Microsoft DirectX 10 Install Problems

10. Problem With Installkng Directx in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem With Installkng Directx in Windows 7: Hello guys, I'm having a bit trouble during my installation of Directx in Windows 7 Professional. Whenever I try to use the dxwebstup to install it, there's always this message that prevents the installation to complete:"A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be...