Windows 10: Disable 1 Setting

Discus and support Disable 1 Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone *Smile I just got the Anniversary update! Found that a new item added to the Settings: Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by omidsolo, Sep 9, 2016.

1. omidsolo Win User

Disable 1 Setting

Hi everyone *Smile
    I just got the Anniversary update!
    Found that a new item added to the Settings:

Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device

I just wanna find this item's registry key in order to be able to disable it via registry ONLY.
    It was NOT here:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DeviceAccess\Global

Please someone help me find it *Smile
    Thanks *Smile

:)

omidsolo, Sep 9, 2016

2. COMMAND PROMPTS

The value needs to be set as 1 or 2 NOT 0, but it only disables it for the one account (admin) but doesn't disable it on the other accounts??

ROY CANNON, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Diagnostic Page 1 (Disabled)

Hi,

We recommend that you run System File Checker and Deployment Image & Servicing Management tool to check the system for any corruptions.

Here's how:

• Press Windows + X, and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type SFC /Scannow on the prompt, and then press Enter. This scan will repair system files.
    • Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then press Enter. This will fix any corruption that it finds.
    Note that these scans may take some time.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable 1 Setting

Hello omidsolo, *Smile

The registry key location for the advertising ID setting is below:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AdvertisingInfo

Enabled DWORD:
    0 = Off
    1 = On

Id string value:
    (delete) = Off
    <unique generated Id number> = On

Brink, Sep 10, 2016
  5. omidsolo Win User
    Thanks dear Brink,
    Always a helping hand, and my reason to use the forum *Smile

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Sep 10, 2016
  7. omidsolo Win User
    oops! not work *Confused
    this was the key for previous build, in the new anniversary update not this one *Think

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  8. f14tomcat Win User

Disable 1 Setting

You may have to add the DWORD value, and set it accordingly. If the DWORD does not exist, it may default to ON=1.

I don't have that DWORD value.....

Disable 1 Setting [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 10, 2016
  9. omidsolo Win User
    my registry is being shown like yours!
    If you goto Settings > Privacy > General >
    You will found that the registry key I've got here is for the 1st item (Let apps use my advertising ID), not for my requested one (Let apps on my other devices open apps and...)!
    Thanks *Smile

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Ok, maybe @Brink Shawn will see this and have the correct one.

f14tomcat, Sep 10, 2016
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    When turned off, the Enabled DWORD gets set to 0 and Id string value gets deleted in the AdvertisingInfo key.

When turned on, the Enabled DWORD gets set to 1 and Id string value gets created with a unique value data in the AdvertisingInfo key.

It would be best to export the AdvertisingInfo key while it's turned on to have a proper Id string value included along with the Enabled DWORD for a turn on .reg file.

Brink, Sep 10, 2016
  12. omidsolo Win User
    Hi dear Brink,
    Thanks again, I think this screenshot is more detailed:

Disable 1 Setting [​IMG]

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable 1 Setting

Did you edit your post? I could have sworn it was originally for advertising ID. *Confused

For "Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device":

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SmartGlass

UserAuthPolicy DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

Brink, Sep 10, 2016
  14. omidsolo Win User
    Oh thanks Brink *Smile
    Really thanks, no I didn't edit my post, but I had another thread for another registry address question!
    Maybe you also read that one! *Smile)
    Anyway, that's your kindness, thanks indeed *Smile

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
  15. omidsolo Win User
    By chance you have any idea on where might be registry key for this one also:
    Settings > Home > Taskbar > Turn system icons on or off > Location
    Just turn that button off, even if service is running or stopped no matter, just wanna turn off that button there!

omidsolo, Sep 10, 2016
Thema:

Disable 1 Setting

1. Disable 1 Setting - Similar Threads - Disable Setting

2. How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...: How to disable the Windows “standard dictionary” referenced in: Settings / Privacy / Inking & Typing PersonalizationLiterary in the configuration panel says: “…but the standard dictionary will continue to provide typing suggestions and handwriting recognition”.JUST WHAT I...
  3. How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...: How to disable the Windows “standard dictionary” referenced in: Settings / Privacy / Inking & Typing PersonalizationLiterary in the configuration panel says: “…but the standard dictionary will continue to provide typing suggestions and handwriting recognition”.JUST WHAT I...
  4. How to disable the "standard dictionary" referenced in: Settings... / Inking & Typing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings

Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings: I hope this message finds you well.I am encountering two issues on my personal laptop running Windows that require resolution.Firstly, I am attempting to disable the Windows Defender service using the command prompt, but I receive an access denied message despite running the...
  6. Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings: I hope this message finds you well.I am encountering two issues on my personal laptop running Windows that require resolution.Firstly, I am attempting to disable the Windows Defender service using the command prompt, but I receive an access denied message despite running the...
  7. Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Assistance Needed with Disabling Windows Defender and Accessing Hidden Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable...: How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable It. I Could Not Find Where To Enable It.Also, Below What Volume Level Percent Is Fine To Prevent Hearing Loss....
  10. How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable...

How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable...: How Do I Set A Warning On My Volume Level To Prevent Hearing Loss? I've Seen How To Disable It. I Could Not Find Where To Enable It.Also, Below What Volume Level Percent Is Fine To Prevent Hearing Loss....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hkey_local_machine\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\smartglass\userauthpolicy