Windows 10: disable 2.4ghz network

Discus and support disable 2.4ghz network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; is it possible to disable my old 2.4ghz network? windows randomly connects me to my old 2.4ghz network instead of my 5ghz network sometimes and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by todd24, Dec 31, 2016.

1. todd24 Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

is it possible to disable my old 2.4ghz network?

windows randomly connects me to my old 2.4ghz network instead of my 5ghz network sometimes and it lags like crazy..

:)

todd24, Dec 31, 2016
  2. 'Mike P Win User

Too much of a good thing - too many networks

You might be able to disable your 2.4ghz BG bands in your device manager / network adapter wifi advanced settings.

My Broadcom card has a setting to disable bg or a bands. I just disabled 11.bg and all the 2.4ghz access points disappear. I'm using an 802.11AC card and router and have the 2.4ghz set to N only, I don't see so many 2.4ghz anymore.

Absolutely no one showing on the 5ghz channels that my laptop sees here.

'Mike P, Dec 31, 2016
  3. Can't disable "Connect Automatically" for wireless settings.

This is very frustrating. I keep trying to disable the connect automatically option in Windows 10 and it won't uncheck. Every time I make sure it's disabled after I unchecked it, it's still checked. Last time I found that it will stay unchecked if I uncheck
    it, connect to it, and disconnect from it. The problem is that it checked itself AGAIN another day. It keeps connecting to my 2.4GHz wireless instead of my 5GHz one. It does it randomly too, out of nowhere it will connect to the 2.4GHz from the 5GHz. Even
    in the middle of an online game. For some unknown reason, my 2.4GHz one is very slow. 3mbps compared to 90mbps on 5GHz. I only have 2 devices connected to the 2.4GHz and I can't disable 2.4GHz because those two devices only support 2.4GHz.

This was an issue in Windows 7 too. When I had Windows 7, there was an option to forget the network. I did that and it still would connect to the 2.4GHz one without me even typing in the password.

How can I fix this?

Nathan Clark_, Dec 31, 2016
  4. M4v3r1ck Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

M4v3r1ck, Dec 31, 2016
  5. Wullail Win User
    If you don't want to turn the 2.4 off , make sure your system doesn't have the 'connect automatically' tickbox selected on the 2.4 option and tell it to 'forget' that connection.

Wullail, Dec 31, 2016
  6. John Galt Win User
    First, get the computer to forget your current network:

• Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.
    • Click Network settings.
    • Click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.
    • Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Next, go into your router and either completely disable the 2.4GHz radio or set the 2.4 and the 5G radios to different SSIDs, maybe the 2.4 can be your guest Wifi...

Then, on your computer, only join the 5Ghz SSID network.

The suggestion in the post above to just disable the SSID broadcast of the 2.4Ghz radio will probably not work, your computer will still join it.

John Galt, Dec 31, 2016
  7. todd24 Win User
    there are two connections in manage known networks, one of them is my 5 ghz connection the other one is called networkprofile... what is that?

todd24, Jan 1, 2017
  8. John Galt Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

No idea. If this is your own personal computer, and you don't know what it is, then I would delete it.

John Galt, Jan 2, 2017
  9. todd24 Win User
    i tried deleting the networkprofile thing... after that my internet went down and when it i got back online i was connected to my old 2.4ghz network and the networkprofile thing was back again... *Confused

todd24, Jan 2, 2017
  10. John Galt Win User
    Are you running any kind of network management software? Or auto wifi setup?

John Galt, Jan 3, 2017
  11. todd24 Win User
    Yes, im running tp-links drivers and software.. why?

todd24, Jan 3, 2017
  12. John Galt Win User
    Maybe their software is doing something, I have not used it, so I'm not sure.

John Galt, Jan 3, 2017
  13. Wullail Win User

disable 2.4ghz network

Now you've mentioned Tp-Link software.

I remember having the same problem with my wifes computer,

If it's the software that scans and connects to your wifi for you then completely un-installing the TP-Link software and manually configuring the network connection using Windows itself instead solved this.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

disable 2.4ghz network

1. disable 2.4ghz network - Similar Threads - disable 4ghz network

2. 2 networks 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 networks 2 PCs: Hii. I have 2 networks in my work place one is for PCs and the other for Machine , this one for machines has an IP cam connected to it now i need to access this cam from PCs on the first network , you have to know that the second pc for machine is connected to the first...
  3. Networking 2 laptops

Networking 2 laptops: So I have been using walkthoughs this past 2 days to try and connect 2 laptops I have next to each other. I am trying both Wirelessly and through Ethernet. Nothing I do seems to work, when I do finally get them to see each other then they are asking for Network Credentials...
  4. Networking 2 PS’s

Networking 2 PS’s: In the office we have 2 PC’s that originally came with win8 but now are running win 10. Both where set up that they could see the other PC and also where able to open and change any file on it. After an update/upgrade this is no longer possible. The strange part is that they...
  5. Network 2 Computers

Network 2 Computers: Split from this thread. Hello my name is Roland, Last time I was able to connect my 2 computer on my office table was 2 weeks ago. No hardware change, yes I added 1 new software....
  6. Network connection disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network connection disabled: I accidentally disabled a network connection of mobile hotspot, Now the hotspot is not working. please tell me how to add that network connection step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-connection-disabled/4e005d07-4337-4409-bb3f-023915b7f544
  7. hidden network"2"

hidden network"2": Installed new eero WIFI, works great on all Apple products. Used the same network name. The Dell windows 10 machine shows network2 when you curser over network icon (just NETWORK in WIFI setting area) and download speed is be held to 5 MBPS while Apple devices at 150. GEEK...
  8. Disable Network Connections

Disable Network Connections: Finally gave up on the Realteck PCIe GBE Ethernet and decided to go with the built in Wifi (Dell Wirreless 1502). Internet speeds are up and signal is strong, even though page loading stalls every one out of three times. But this is an improvement ! [img] However, I...
  9. Disable network sharing

Disable network sharing: If you're not seeing the Computer Browser in Services .... The Computer Browser service relies on SMBv1 and the browser service is uninstalled if the SMBv1 client or server is uninstalled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709
  10. 2 computers 2 different networks

2 computers 2 different networks: I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The machines are identical except that 1 has Windows 10 Pro and the other Windows 10 Home. I can see both computers on the network, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable 2.4 on windows 10

2. disable 2.4ghz on windows 10 pc

3. windows 10 disable 2.4ghz

4. how to disable the 2.4ghz,
  5. windows 10 wireless network disable 2.4ghz,
  6. how to disable 2.4 ghz on windows 10