Windows 10: Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

Discus and support Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to prevent people from adding any email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10? I found the option in GPEdit Local -> Computer Config ->... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DarkRookie, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

Is there a way to prevent people from adding any email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10?
    I found the option in GPEdit
    Local -> Computer Config -> Windows Settings -> Security Options -> Accounts: Block Microsoft accounts

I set it to Users can't add Microsoft accounts, ran gpupdate /force and restarted the system.
    Still am able to add email accounts, and a Microsoft one, if indirectly for the later.

:)

DarkRookie, Jan 9, 2017

2. Adding a user in Windows 10

I added a 2nd person to my Win10 desktop but did it a little differently. First I added the user without the email, so it was not a Microsoft account, kind of like how it used to be in Win 7, then later on I switched that account to a Microsoft account.
    At that point they started using their Windows Live email and password to log into their Windows 10 account.

SysopChris, Jan 9, 2017
  3. LolzNope Win User
    Block Microsoft Account - GP setting not working in Pro

Windows 10 Pro - Ver 1607 - Build 14393.0

So I found instruction for disabling people from adding their personal Microsoft account to Windows in Group Policy.

I set that option and tested, but it does not work.

I can go to Setting -> Accounts -> Email & app accounts, add my MS email account, and now Windows thinks I am that person again.

Or, when I start any UWP app like Contact Support, it prompts me for my MS account, and I can log into it there with no issue.

Clicking on the link, Add a Microsoft account, does nothing when clicked.

So is this a limitation on Pro, like disabling Cortana and the Store to do this with GP. Nothing online says anything to that effect, and neither does GP Edit.

If so, what are the registry keys I need to change to prevent this.

Also, is there a setting to prevent any and all third party email account to be added to Windows.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

LolzNope, Jan 9, 2017
  4. Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

OK. I found an answer.
    You need to modify two registry entries for this to work. Or at least, it is what I needed to do at least.
    First Entry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    Add or modify NoConnectedUser to 3
    Second Entry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowYourAccount
    Add or modify value to 0

Reboot isn’t necessary and it will apply to the current account.

DarkRookie, Jan 9, 2017
Thema:

Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10

1. Disable adding email/Microsoft accounts to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disable adding email

2. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  3. Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account unknown email added and mine removed: As of February 16 my secondary Microsoft account associated with the gmail *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was accessed by presumably a hacker and my email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was removed, and in place of it he added his, *** Email...
  4. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  5. Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues adding adding microsoft account to email & accounts: Some programs requiring microsoft account signin were not working so I created a local account, signed out and removed my microsoft account. Now when I try to add any microsoft account, I get this error....
  6. Adding a Microsoft account after disabling S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding a Microsoft account after disabling S mode: I have a friend who is attempting to add a printer, and was instructed to add a Microsoft account. A couple of years ago she disabled S mode, and now she can't seem to add the Microsoft account. I don't know why she would even need a microsoft account to add a printer, but...
  7. Adding an email account issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding an email account issues: I am attempting to add a sbcglobal.net account to my 360 Outlook Windows10. As instructed I have obtain the yahoo app password and used it when prompted but to no avail. Any detailed help would be helpful...
  8. Adding Microsoft account to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Microsoft account to Windows 10: I have a new Win 10 1903 which I have set up with a local admin account. When I tried to add a Microsoft user account via Accounts | Family & other users | Add someone else to this PC I get 'Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account...". However I can go to Edge and log...
  9. Adding an email to my account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding an email to my account: I am having a problem adding a Gmail address to my Microsoft account. It tells me that it needs to be updated. I changed the password (only option given) and that does not correct the problem. What do you advise that I should do? Thank You...
  10. Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 adding new versions of email account!!!: As with some others as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 my external email account using Outlook13 received emails but could not send. So I deleted my email and reset it but the send problem persisted. In noted that each time I did the account delete and reset a new name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 group policy Email & Accounts prevent