Windows 10: Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File

Discus and support Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time I create a new file, regardless of file type, Win 10 automatically creates a link in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by beau, Jun 7, 2016.

1. beau Win User

Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File

Every time I create a new file, regardless of file type, Win 10 automatically creates a link in
    C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windoes\Recent.

How can I disable the automatic creation of such links?

Win10 Home 64-bit

:)

beau, Jun 7, 2016

2. windows 10 error Code C1900101 - 20017

Hi I had the same code and I tried and tried and tried over and over for several days and then today I opened the CD door and left it open then I took out the SD card left it out and unplugged my computer from the electric outlet and to my amazement it
    finally went pass 25%(coping file 84%) and now I have windows 10 You guys have to try this.

Please try this

new creation, Jun 7, 2016
  3. windows 10 error Code C1900101 - 20017

Hi I had the same code and I tried and tried and tried over and over for several days and then today I opened the cd door and left it open then I took out the SD card and unplugged my computer from the electric outlet and to my amazement it finally went
    pass 25%(coping file 84%) and now I have windows 10

Please try this

new creation, Jun 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 7, 2016
  5. beau Win User
    No luck, that doesn't do the trick. I also tried re-booting but that has no effect *cry

beau, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Auto-Creation of Link for New File - Similar Threads - Disable Auto Creation

2. Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Disable create auto restore point /allow manual restore point creation: Is this possible ? Disable create auto restore point But allow manual restore point creation ? thanks 169313
  3. Won't Auto Disable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't Auto Disable: I have a Direkt-Tek DTLAPY116-1 and when I flip it over into tablet mode the keyboard and trackpad won't auto disable. I've tried searching everywhere for a solution and I just can't seem to find one. Therefore I'm here with the pros to help me with this issue. I've seen...
  4. Disable Windows 10 from auto-"fixing" desktop links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Windows 10 from auto-"fixing" desktop links: How do I disable Windows 10 from helpfully fixing broken links. I mean desktop links AKA shortcuts, and not Internet links nor keyboard shortcuts. The kind of thing you get when you control-drag-n-drop a file or folder somewhere else. Specifically, we bind a drive...
  5. disable auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....
  6. Disable auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto-arrange: Why has Microsoft removed the option to turn off auto-arrange in Windows 10? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-arrange/703204e2-f403-4045-bc21-d25c96752603"
  7. How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Disable auto Shortcut Creation: Windows is creating shortcuts on my desktop to removable drives. I deleted them several times but it keeps recreating this shortcuts. I looked a bit on google and have seen that some programs are able to create shortcuts to removable drives on your deskop automatically but I...
  8. Help with disabling 8.3 file name creation please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with disabling 8.3 file name creation please!: Hello after I cloned my HDD to my SSD and booted up everything seems to be going smoothly so far, but I noticed that Crucial Storage Executive(program for maintaining my SSD) it says I need to disable 8.3 file name creation. I have found directions on how to do this in...
  9. Disable address files auto highlighting

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable address files auto highlighting: Is there a way to disable the auto highlighting of all the text whenever you click in the address field, i.e. when doing a "save as"? 109126
  10. Disable auto save?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable auto save?: Okay so when i shut down my pc directly and close a specific app like discord. then shutting down immediatly using the start button when i turn on my pc again chrome automatically opens with that tabs last night and discord which i exited didnt start up as it should be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how disable cration of .lnk in recent folder