Windows 10: Disable Automatic Updates

Discus and support Disable Automatic Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart. This is a problem, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Disable Automatic Updates

Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart.

This is a problem, I want to be able to choose what drivers I install. I don't want windows automatically installing all the craptastic 3rd party software that comes with things like my phone, keyboard and mouse.

I just want the default options windows 8.1, windows 7, windows xp, vista had back.

:)

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Disable Automatic Updates

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Didnt work, now windows update is telling me "some settings are managed by your organization"

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That's what it's suppose to show just like in the example screenshots in the tutorial posted above.

What didn't work?

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  7. I did all the instructions right. It greys out the drop down menu and says the message in red font.

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

That's what it should do when you have a policy set that overrides the Windows Update settings in the Settings app.

It sounds like it worked to me. *Smile

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  9. Disable Automatic Updates [​IMG]

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  10. So now that I know it;s worked. Will I be able to install updates the same way I could like in windows 7/8.1. With a checklist where I could pick and choose?

BriniaSona, Jul 28, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not quite.

You'll get a notice that you have updates available. You can then click on Download or Install in Windows Update to install them.

If you don't want to install an update, then you would need to first hide it.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Automatic Updates - Similar Threads - Disable Automatic Updates

2. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  3. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Actually Disable Automatic Updates: Is there a way to properly disable automatic updates during active hours? Mine was set from 0700 to 0100 yet at 0043 my computer updated and restarted when i left it for 10 minutes, causing me to lose a lot of my work progress....
  4. Actually Disable Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  6. Disable the automatic updates

Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  7. Disable automatics updates

Disable automatics updates: How to disable automatic updates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatics-updates/d6484564-a7b1-4fd7-bd15-520dd58072cf
  8. Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update

Disable Automatic Windows Update Driver Update: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. I have been using my PC manufacturers Synaptics touch-pad driver for years without issue, it is from 2015. The other day Windows 10 automatically updated to some 2017 Synpatics driver. I lost the ability to scroll up or down...
  9. Disable automatic reboot for updates

Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...
  10. Disable automatic reboot for updates

Disable automatic reboot for updates: Windows 10 seems to like rebooting without my permission - such as when I have a fullscreen game open, and I also miss the notification to postpone. How do I disable this? I don't have windows pro and thus cant use gpedit. The registry keys various pages suggested editing...