Windows 10: Disable both log in screens

Discus and support Disable both log in screens in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I boot windows, there is two login screens showing up. One shows a random picture that someone has taken. Clicking through this login screen sends... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Disable both log in screens

When I boot windows, there is two login screens showing up. One shows a random picture that someone has taken. Clicking through this login screen sends me to another login screen with my username. I'd like to disable both login screens and go straight to the desktop when I boot my computer.

:)

Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017

2. How to disable lock screen in win10 rs1?

I have made the settings to disable the win10 lock screen which appears before the logon screen in both gpedit and regedit and it refuses to go away! I'm using the pro version of win10 and it is activated if that makes any difference.

I do not want to disable the logon screen and log in without entering a password, I just want to disable the stupid screen you need to click to make go away for some reason every time you need to log in. The gpedit setting specifically says enabling it will
    disable the lock screen so why the heck is it still there????

Seth_Havok, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Disable zoom on Login Screen?

When using same image for wallpaper, and log in background, the background one appears to be zoomed in. This gets really annoying every time I log-in to see the background suddenly change size and not line up because its zoomed in on the log-in screen.

Is there a way to disable the zoom on the log-in screen, so that both wallpaper and background are same size?

(I can use regedit if that's what it takes to fix this.)

JhonSmithQZ, Sep 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 3, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    Thanks, that got rid of the lock-screen, but I still have to skip the login screen everytime i boot windows. I just want to go straight into the desktop.

Cerawy, Sep 14, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    That tutorial Shawn posted should bypass the need to manually log in. It will display the background login pic while it is prepping your desktop, says something like "Welcome" and spinning dots, then straight to the Desktop. Easiest is option #1 in the tut using Netplwiz. Just make sure you have all the right options checked and your PW is correct.

f14tomcat, Sep 14, 2017
  7. Cerawy Win User
    Yes that's true, but there is still a screen that shows username/user picture with a blue background for a few seconds and then disappears again.

I want to disable this and go straight to the desktop like windows xp.

Cerawy, Feb 1, 2018
  8. Cerawy Win User

Still looking for a solution.

Cerawy, Feb 6, 2018
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There's not much you can do about that quick bit as far as I know when it automatically signs you in. *Sad

Brink, Feb 6, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    Yep - this is true.

cereberus, Feb 6, 2018
  11. Edwin New Member
    You can't.
    It's part of the Sign-in/Windows Authentication UI process, (authui.dll), if you disable or hack that UI in any way, you won't be able to log on.

Just turn the PC on and go make coffee or tea or sumpthin, you'll never see it! *Wink

Edwin, Feb 6, 2018
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Option #2 here? Can't test it.....

How to automatically bypass Windows 10 login screen

f14tomcat, Feb 6, 2018
  13. Cerawy Win User

Cerawy, Mar 23, 2018
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not aware of a way to stop the quick showing of the sign in screen while it is automatically signing into the account. *Sad

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    It may be because you are running Home, not Pro. Gpedit won't work on Home. I do remember you have to be very careful with the Netplwiz steps, and get them in the correct order. I have nothing to test it on, sorry.

f14tomcat, Apr 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable both log in screens - Similar Threads - Disable both log

2. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  3. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  4. I can't disable log-in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't disable log-in screen: I'm trying to disable the log in screen on my new machine. This is a fresh Windows 10 install. I have a local account. When I run netplwiz and attempt to disable the log in screen, I do not see an option to disable log in on startup. I had this issue with my Microsoft...
  5. Disable Logs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Logs: Does anybody know how to disable all logs on windows 10? Thanks in advance. submitted by /u/afogg100 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itu6mx/disable_logs/
  6. XMeters on both screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XMeters on both screens: I use XMeters to keep track of my network/CPU/RAM usage in my windows task bar. If you don't know what it is check it out: https://entropy6.com/xmeters/ I was wondering if any of you guys that use the app has figure out a way to show it on the task bar of both (or all)...
  7. Log on disable

Log on disable: Hi.. how do i disable my password from windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-on-disable/35e0ca5b-ddfc-402e-9109-371871f96f25
  8. Disable windows log in

Disable windows log in: So why does microsoft make it so complicated to disable the computer log in? All I want to do is not have to type a password to log into the computer. I had to look into Youtube and other forums to try and disable it, but nothing works. I tried to go to the system settings...
  9. Disable Data Logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Data Logging: Is there a 100% way to do this yet? I see like 10 guides online. Which one is the right one or does the job fully? 9785
  10. Disable logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable logging: Open the PROPERTIES sheet for most any Event Viewer item and there is a check mark in the "Enable logging" box. However, the box is grayed out, so it cannot be UNchecked. Can this be done? 80453